Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2020, 09:31 PM   #321
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I remember reading an article that people wouldn't want to be around people that won food rewards because they smelled of that food. But also because after even a few days of a poor rice diet for example that digestion doesn't work the same and they'd be dropping nuclear bombs.

In the same article a lot of the players got really ill when they tried to get back on a normal diet.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 04:10 PM   #322
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Who's pumped?

I sure am

#teamTony
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 04:13 PM   #323
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Who's pumped?

I sure am

#teamTony
I'm excited to see how it turns out but I can't watch till tomorrow or friday! Damn!
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 04:44 PM   #324
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Who's pumped?

I sure am

#teamTony
I'm pretty excited. I'm hoping that Sarah takes it.

But really, as long as it's not Ben or the EOE returnee (which I feel would ruin the entire game), I'll be happy.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:30 PM   #325
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

They're insane if they let Tony walk to final tribal. I'd say it's a forgone conclusion he will take the two million if he gets to the end. No one stands a chance, the vote might even be unanimous.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:56 PM   #326
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Anyone else praying that Jeff's wife forgets about the shooting of survivor in his garage and goes barrelling through the set or is it just me?

Old 05-13-2020, 08:58 PM   #327
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

The GOAT.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:08 PM   #328
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I still don't get Ben's play. You're playing for 2 million............don't just give up when it's down to 5!!

I also didn't like Rob's question to Natalie about doing the fire challenge to take out Tony........sure, if she beats him she could have won the entire thing, maybe, but if she loses she has a 0% chance to win. I think she made the right call, hope that Sarah beats Tony and take your chances that you can beat Sarah in the final.

My poor Michele didn't even get a vote. Rightly so, but I always feel embarrassed for players that happens to, Jeff is reading the final votes and she has to just sit there and smile. Sucks.

Hope they do a Youtube video or something soon with interviews with all the players, would love to get some thoughts and answers to questions, tonight was over so abruptly it just feels wrong.

Overall, the right player won. If you're playing the winner's season and you don't get a single vote against you you've done something right. Great game by Tony.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 09:18 PM   #329
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It was a good final episode which made the season a lot better then it was originally. Yeah, I'm going to say that the right guy won it. I thought Nat came back strong. I felt really bad for Michele, you could see that she was on the verge of crying when she didn't receive any votes, though I think she did deserve some votes. I thought she played a pretty gutsy game in the end and it answered the question about if she deserved to be there, she did.

Yeah, the Ben thing, going for some kind of fictional redemption actually made me hate him even more. I wonder if it was a lame strategy in his head that he could get Sarag or Lacinda or whatever she wanted to be called to turn on someone else.

I really wanted to see Jeff's wife show up and tell him to help her with the fracking groceries or something.

Overall a decent season, Nat almost bombed out on getting back into the game.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:26 PM   #330
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
The GOAT.

Yeah, I'd give him that essentially because of how Sandra's run ended this year. She clearly was checked out from the start.

Tony did a great job.

I love that he was right about the idol that Nat had and everyone else was like "You don't know what your blathering about"

Tony for as erratic as he is, has a good eye for detail.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:30 PM   #331
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah, I'd give him that essentially because of how Sandra's run ended this year. She clearly was checked out from the start.

Tony did a great job.

I love that he was right about the idol that Nat had and everyone else was like "You don't know what your blathering about"

Tony for as erratic as he is, has a good eye for detail.
I think Tony’s two wins are top ten wins in survivor history. Sandras two wins are in the 20-30 range
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #332
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
I still don't get Ben's play. You're playing for 2 million............don't just give up when it's down to 5!!

I also didn't like Rob's question to Natalie about doing the fire challenge to take out Tony........sure, if she beats him she could have won the entire thing, maybe, but if she loses she has a 0% chance to win. I think she made the right call, hope that Sarah beats Tony and take your chances that you can beat Sarah in the final.

My poor Michele didn't even get a vote. Rightly so, but I always feel embarrassed for players that happens to, Jeff is reading the final votes and she has to just sit there and smile. Sucks.

Hope they do a Youtube video or something soon with interviews with all the players, would love to get some thoughts and answers to questions, tonight was over so abruptly it just feels wrong.

Overall, the right player won. If you're playing the winner's season and you don't get a single vote against you you've done something right. Great game by Tony.
Ended up being able to to watch!

No one was beating tony. If she takes him on it’s a auto win for her. Loss otherwise. Poor call.

I still don’t like EoE but still a great season.

My wife skipped through the whole gender bias diatrabe. Anyone else it was a reach?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 11:13 PM   #333
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Great finale. I didn’t think Tony was going to make it, back and forth kept me on my toes.

In a season like this I expect the winner to be a dominant player, but a respectful player because experienced players won’t vote bitter (except Jeremy apparently), but they won’t reward #######s. This game’s evolved from using people as pawns to actually building meaningful relationships and just being ok with the fact you could go home from that relationship. And I’m not talking about Ben, I thought that was dumb, but everything else Tony did.

He played a great game. Just a flat out great game. One of the best game’s we’ve seen in the history of the game. And to be able to play like he did at this point in the game, in its current evolution, that’s huge.

The spy nest. Classic.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:59 PM   #334
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

(I'm taking notes while watching, then will be posting it all at once)

That challenge to get back into it from EoE was almost a disaster for Natalie, even with all her advantages. Kinda funny.

I still don't like EoE. For me, the best part of the game is that once you are gone, you are done and gone. I really, really don't like this 'you are gone, but MIGHT come back!" thing at all.

I was amused by Michele blasting through the puzzle while the rest were left in her wake.

I can't believe that Sarah and Ben were all 'No, Natalie doesn't have an Idol. No way, no how.' I would have assumed that at the barest minimum she had an idol.

Was the gender bias thing a bit eye-rolling for anyone else, too? Kinda seemed like that was tacked in due to last season's mess.

FFS, Natalie finds the Idol. She's gonna win this and ruin the entire damn game of Survivor, isn't she? What is the point of playing off EOE, if someone from EOE just comes back and wins. Or is that gonna be a new strat? Go to EOE as early as you can to skip the majority of the scheming game to come back in late.

Tony wins, and has a guaranteed spot in the Final Four...Tony's winning this season of Survivor.

Uh...WTF Ben? "Yeah, write my name down and use me as a resume tick." WTF?!

WTF is this 'Lacina' stuff? Does she think her last name is cooler or something?

Sarah had a good Season...up until this last show. Bleh.

I think Ben might be going here (5 people). The only thing he CAN do is fire. No one wants to go to fire with him.

Good. Ben's gone. Now just need Natalie gone, and then I won't care who wins this season (and I only want Natalie gone due to be an EoE returnee)

Oooo...I love this challenge.

F***, Natalie wins. >.<

Hm, should be an interesting fire challenge. I think Tony was shamming, and he beats Sarah. (Which is a shame, as that'll knock me out of the CP game )

I've felt that the fire challenge has been kinda lame...but those two really brought it. Impressive. I really feel Tony wins now, unless the Jury decides to consider EoE play (They shouldn't)

No, Michele, you are not "one of the very best to play this game." You've been on the wrong side of just about everything, and kept getting by due to folks having bigger fish to fry.

No, Natalie...you did not "duke it out with the best of the best", you were the first voted out, and shouldn't have been anywhere near the Final Three.

Tony, I have been really impressed with. I was sure that he'd lose it and get himself voted out mid-pack. But he's been driving the game constantly. I hope he wins.

The jury seems pretty decent, except Jeremy. He seems bitter.

Natalie noting her accomplishments...should have noted that she turned all those advantages/tokens into the three advantages for her, food, and 2 immunity tokens, too.

Good final Tribal. I don't like Natalie for her being an EOE returnee, but she's made a solid case. Tony's really made his case. Michele...will probably be lucky if she gets a vote. I have a feeling that Tony will take it with a moderate edge over Natalie. Michele gets a pity vote (or two)

Tony really sealing the deal with his final speech.

And...Survivor has a King now...and so well deserved.

No votes at all for Michele. That's gonna hurt, and possible really mess her head up. I hope that that doesn't happen.

That...felt really odd that it ended so fast.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 12:00 AM   #335
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I’m glad Sara flamed out after her early jury speech.

Way to throw in the towel on $2mil Ben.

Last edited by Yoho; 05-14-2020 at 12:04 AM.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 12:20 AM   #336
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved this finale. I think the fire-making challenge might've made this my favorite season ever, IMO even better than Cagayan and Heroes vs Villains. I thought Tony was finished when Sarah's rope started burning and he only had a tiny flame underneath all that wood. Incredible comeback and one of the most exciting moments on the show ever for me.

Seems like when someone plays a great game on Survivor, they usually come up just short but for Tony to win in the way that he did made this ending so satisfying. I also love that he got into the final four by winning an immunity challenge and not finding another idol. Was very worried that the jury was gonna give Natalie the win until he started to pull away in votes.

Sarah had both frustrating and amazing moments tonight, had she beat Tony I think she should've won in the final 3. Cops-r-us is one of the best alliances ever.

No reunion and Jeff Probst talk show after the votes also made it a great finale, it didn't feel rushed and having 3 hours dedicated to the game was great and everything made sense.

Also thought that Michele played a pretty solid game despite being on the bottom the entire time and that she deserved to be 2nd place over Natalie. I think she's a good player and doesn't deserve the hate.

Not surprised that Jeremy voted for Natalie because they've been friends and allies since their first season. Ethan's vote was probably because he's old-school and valued bonds over the game. Tyson bonded with her as well. Only Parvati surprised me, I thought she would really vote for the best player.

Tony, Parvati, Sandra (when she plays her 'anyone but me' game) and Rob are the four greatest players for me.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:11 AM   #337
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I felt so bad for Michele, you could tell that she was really upset, I gained a lot of respect for her, she was dealt a pretty rotten hand and she kept sticking around and won challenges when she needed to.

There's no doubt that Tony played an amazing game. Nat turned EOE into an advantage with all of the stuff that she was sending to other players.

But I think that Michele was pretty determined and I think she did some pretty decent things.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 02:45 AM   #338
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tony should have swept it...it boggles the mind that a former winner would vote for Natallie. Her winning would have been an embarrassment. First out so she got all that time to gain advantages for the challenge (that she almost lost with three advantages) Sarah and Tony controlled the whole game...don't be butt hurt and vote for Natallie FFS
Old 05-14-2020, 02:46 AM   #339
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't really be mad at Nat for leveraging trash rules that allowed her to get back there in the first place, but getting steamrolled on day 2 should not give you free reign to force your way back in the game by accumulating advantages.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:34 AM   #340
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
In a season like this I expect the winner to be a dominant player, but a respectful player because experienced players won’t vote bitter (except Jeremy apparently), but they won’t reward #######s.
Natalie is the godmother of Jeremy's son. Their relationship is super close. Of course he would vote for her and try to get others to.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote