Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #21
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Valimaki went from being a mid March call-up, to a don't be surprised if you see him before end of year.

I won't read too much into Treliving's public comments but just because of where we are on the calendar, starting to seem less and less likely Valimaki will have a major role in the playoffs.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #22
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
So Valimaki went from being a mid March call-up, to a don't be surprised if you see him before end of year.

I won't read too much into Treliving's public comments but just because of where we are on the calendar, starting to seem less and less likely Valimaki will have a major role in the playoffs.
We've got 70 defenseman on the roster right now. He can play a ton in the AHL or maybe play every 3rd game up here. We've already got Kylington up here doing nothing. Seems pretty likely Fatenberg is going to be the 6th d-man to start the playoffs. The rest of them are battling for 7th spot so I'd rather the young guy down playing a ton down there then sitting in the press box for a month.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:44 PM   #23
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I also can't help but think that 4.1% shooting percentage is freakishly low.
You nailed it here. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone as snakebitten for a long stretch as James Neal. Pucks were bouncing over his stick with wide open nets. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I also believe we will see more of the real James Neal when he returns. Ottawa would be a great team to get him in against and get him off the schneid right away.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:01 PM   #24
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post

Valimaki seems to have sustained an injury, and was absent from the 16 March game. This probably plays into the timetable for his NHL recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #25
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
We've got 70 defenseman on the roster right now. He can play a ton in the AHL or maybe play every 3rd game up here. We've already got Kylington up here doing nothing. Seems pretty likely Fatenberg is going to be the 6th d-man to start the playoffs. The rest of them are battling for 7th spot so I'd rather the young guy down playing a ton down there then sitting in the press box for a month.
Personally I’d take a healthy Vakimaki over soda burger. So if he’s healthy, I’d have him playing up here with Rasmus again since you don’t prepare for the NHL playoffs in the AHL. Hopefully he is healthy enough to play soon.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote