Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #281
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Akiem Hicks to New Orleans with the 89th overall pick. Played two years with the Regina Rams in the CIS.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #282
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
RT @EricStangel: As part of NFL sanctions against the Saints, apparently they're not allowed to pick players from US schools... #Regina
https://twitter.com/#!/richeisen/sta...68398256504833

Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #283
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bobby Massie
Lamar Miller
Chris Polk
Billy Winn
Jared Crick
Ronnell Lewis
Zebrie Sanders
Trevin Wade
James Brown

All good players that are still on the board heading into Saturday.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #284
OILFAN #81
Everyone's Favorite Oilfan!

Exp:

Andrew Luck, QB
Coby Fleener, TE
Dwayne Allen, TE
Ty Hilton, WR

All offense in round 1-3 for the Colts. Fleener and Allen were considered the two top TE's in the draft, and Hilton is considered the best return player in the draft and has a ton of speed.

I think the rest of the draft will be used on defense.
OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #285
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Neither did Adam "Pacman" Jones until he started making NFL dough........

Quote:
I mean, no, because I never shot up a strip club or nothing like that,” Jenkins said.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ison/#comments

Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #286
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The janoris Jenkins interview with the coach on ESPN was something. "I'm looking forward to making plays on and off the field".
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #287
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Ryan Broyles???

Loved the first pick but not sure of this one from a position and certainly not player perspective.
If he hadn't hurt his knee he would've been in the top 5 or 6 WRs on the board. What he is, though: tough as nails, great hands and clutch and prolific productivity
Old 04-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #288
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Second year in a row Denver takes a Canadian on the OL. They take Philip Blake, C, Baylor 108th overall.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #289
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
If he hadn't hurt his knee he would've been in the top 5 or 6 WRs on the board. What he is, though: tough as nails, great hands and clutch and prolific productivity
That if he didn't hurt his knee is a big if.

I am not happy with the pick because there are much bigger needs in the secondary where the receivers while not deep are pretty decent.

In terms of Broyles specifically he seems very similar to the 2nd round pick last year in Young in that they are both slot guys with quickness more than straight speed who will make the tough, quick catches. Nice guys to have but not sure you need to spend a 2nd round pick two years in a row to get two of them.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #290
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is up with this Ronnell Lewis falling? 122 picks in and LB, LB, after, LB gets picked him after him.

Ronnell Lewis goes to Detroit 125th overall. To think Baltimore could have had him if not for the Lee Evans trade a pick earlier. What a bummer.

Last edited by Drake; 04-28-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #291
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Andrew Luck, QB
Coby Fleener, TE
Dwayne Allen, TE
Ty Hilton, WR

All offense in round 1-3 for the Colts. Fleener and Allen were considered the two top TE's in the draft, and Hilton is considered the best return player in the draft and has a ton of speed.

I think the rest of the draft will be used on defense.
most people thought they would go all defense but I think it makes sense, probably not going to win much next year

get Luck and the offense settled in his rookie year and then take D next year when the team might be ready for a playoff run
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #292
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Yeah I know you're supposed to wait years to properly evaluate a draft etc but right now the Broncos draft looks even worse than any McDaniels fiasco.

A 3rd round graded DT at the top of the 2nd, a waste of a draft pick in a project QB who at best might be a backup (sorry DFF, I hate the pick) and then a midget RB who may actually explode the first time an NFL player hits him.

And now another centre from Baylor? Guess they need to replace the first one. Unimpressed so far. You have a 3 year window and need to draft impact players right now.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #293
Montana Moe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Saints get WR Nick Toon from Wisconsin. I like the pick, sons of former players are usually solid pros because they know the work it takes to play in the league. There are obviously exceptions to this, but overall it seems to be true.

As for the Broncos, I don't like the Osweiler pick, either. His appearance on the Gruden QB Camp really turned me off. He seemed too staged, saying what people want to hear, etc. Obviously, Manning and Elway are capable of mentoring him, but that's not exactly what Manning is there for.
Montana Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #294
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Packers have made 5 picks...every one of them on the defensive side of the ball...gonna be a totally revamped Dom Capers group next year....gettin excited about it.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #295
Flickered Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Moe View Post
Saints get WR Nick Toon from Wisconsin. I like the pick, sons of former players are usually solid pros because they know the work it takes to play in the league.
I was hoping that when the Fins traded up in the 4th that it was for Toon. Instead, they took Lamar Miller. They have 3 picks left, need at least one WR and more help on OL.
Flickered Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #296
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Yeah I know you're supposed to wait years to properly evaluate a draft etc but right now the Broncos draft looks even worse than any McDaniels fiasco.

A 3rd round graded DT at the top of the 2nd, a waste of a draft pick in a project QB who at best might be a backup (sorry DFF, I hate the pick) and then a midget RB who may actually explode the first time an NFL player hits him.

And now another centre from Baylor? Guess they need to replace the first one. Unimpressed so far. You have a 3 year window and need to draft impact players right now.
We can wait and see about Osweiler, I'm not going to argue about it because I have a clear bias.

Wolfe was termed to be one of the 'safest' picks in the draft. For a team with nothing at the position, it makes a lot of sense to me that they took a guy they know will be a player. Jerel Worthy was there and I kept reading about work ethic and motor questions with him. Sounded a lot like Jarvis Moss.

I was hoping the Broncos would get Robert Turbin later in the draft, but the Seahawks jumped on him. In regard to Hillman, however, 300 carry backs quickly becoming a thing of the past and the emergence of guys like Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush and even Danny Woodhead as signifcant contributors to their offenses ithe pick doesn't surprise me. The kid has so much natural talent.

I also like the Bolden pick. A lot like Broyles in that his draft stock was damaged by an injury.

After that, I'm not as thrilled.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #297
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Saints get WR Nick Toon from Wisconsin. I like the pick, sons of former players are usually solid pros because they know the work it takes to play in the league. There are obviously exceptions to this, but overall it seems to be true.

As for the Broncos, I don't like the Osweiler pick, either. His appearance on the Gruden QB Camp really turned me off. He seemed too staged, saying what people want to hear, etc. Obviously, Manning and Elway are capable of mentoring him, but that's not exactly what Manning is there for.
Toon is a great pick.

Osweiler came off scripted to me as well, but I'm not sure how that says anything negative about him. Seems like he's treated the entire process like a giant job interview, which, really is what it is.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #298
Montana Moe
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just have a irrational dislike for dudes named Brock.
Montana Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #299
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just have a irrational dislike for dudes named Brock.
Can't really argue with that, man.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #300
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, Brock automatically = d-bag