Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2019, 07:33 PM   #1981
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

First 18 was beautiful today. City greens were kind of junky though.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:31 AM   #1982
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Playing Fairmont Riverside for the first round of the year this afternoon. Drove by #11 as it's right by the highway and I was reminded how much I hate that hole.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:43 AM   #1983
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heading down to Phoenix on Wednesday for a bachelor party. Got 2 rounds of golf planned. Been out to the range a few times so I hope not to be terrible in my first couple rounds of the year!
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:38 AM   #1984
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
Playing Fairmont Riverside for the first round of the year this afternoon. Drove by #11 as it's right by the highway and I was reminded how much I hate that hole.
The one time I played riverside I didn't find too many issues with the highway or houses. I played horrible so there should have been a better chance that they would come into play. 11 wasn't too bad because doesn't it have the huge rocks blocking most of the roadway? I am sure I hit it into those rocks at least once
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #1985
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
why don't you like it? because of the road?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #1986
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
#12 is the bane of my existence, I hate that hole. Proximity of houses and a narrow fairway team up to do me in every time. I usually end up hitting 7 iron off the tee and taking 3 (or more ) shots to get to the green as I'm petrified of hitting a house. At least on 11 they are set back far enough and a few empty lots mean it's tough to get in too much trouble off the tee.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #1987
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
why don't you like it? because of the road?
No, mostly the huge green that is like the mountainside greens - looks flat, but slopes insanely away from the mountain. Impossible to land the ball close, and really hard to lag the first putt close. Feels unfair.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psyang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 11:38 AM   #1988
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No, mostly the huge green that is like the mountainside greens - looks flat, but slopes insanely away from the mountain. Impossible to land the ball close, and really hard to lag the first putt close. Feels unfair.
Luckily for me I don't have to worry about issues like this. It's a victory to just land the ball on the green. Greens in regulation and actually landing the ball where you would prefer it are luxuries!!
Old 04-22-2019, 11:42 AM   #1989
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Getting out to Elbow springs this afternoon. Need a warm up round and its supposed to be beautiful out!
Old 04-22-2019, 11:49 AM   #1990
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just booked a 1pm tee time at Mackenzie Meadows. Nothing like wide open spaces for the first round of the year!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #1991
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
Just booked a 1pm tee time at Mackenzie Meadows. Nothing like wide open spaces for the first round of the year!
Nothing wrong with wide open spaces any round of the year!!
Old 04-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #1992
EuKnoLikeMonny
Backup Goalie

Exp:

First round on the Raven @ Priddis yesterday, course was in beautiful shape as were the greens!
EuKnoLikeMonny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EuKnoLikeMonny For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #1993
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I played Mountainside yesterday. They had already punched the greens and were growing in nicely. They were quick and will be lightning quick in a couple weeks.

Definitely not the place to bring a rusty short game. Anything down valley was over the green!!
Old 04-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #1994
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I played Mountainside yesterday. They had already punched the greens and were growing in nicely. They were quick and will be lightning quick in a couple weeks.

Definitely not the place to bring a rusty short game. Anything down valley was over the green!!
I'm playing mountainside on Wednesday at 2. If you are around, feel free to join me if there's room (I'm just a single, so not sure if anyone else has joined that time).

Riverside was good - the greens rolled well, but were really firm. I couldn't find any ball marks. Had a few good shots, mixed with bad ones. I played two balls, and shot 90 and 87. If I played best ball, I would have scored a 79.

I was behind a couple that were beginners, and a foursome that were slower, but I didn't care. Just happy to be out and the mountain air was fantastic.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #1995
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm back in Calgary.

You are right about the mountain air. It was beautiful there yesterday, was warm enough that I wish I'd worn shorts.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:52 AM   #1996
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

How sticky is West Jet on bag weight when flying with golf clubs? It says 50 lb's is the limit yet I think my bag is close/over.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:16 AM   #1997
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
How sticky is West Jet on bag weight when flying with golf clubs? It says 50 lb's is the limit yet I think my bag is close/over.
My full sized cart bag complete with clubs, balls, and extra clothing weighs in under 25 pounds. What are you stuffing in that bag? Maybe I would add two or three pounds if I had metal shafts instead of graphite but I think it would be difficult to have a golf bag over 30 pounds, let alone 50.

Last edited by Red Ice Player; 04-23-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Red Ice Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:19 AM   #1998
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ice Player View Post
My full sized cart bag complete with clubs, balls, and extra clothing weighs in under 25 pounds. What are you stuffing in that bag?
Maybe I'm just bad at judging weight. But I just got my walking bag, my clubs, and some some extra clothes for the trip. The travel bag is pretty hefty though.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:42 AM   #1999
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bought a Ping travel bag that is about 7 lbs more than my old travel bag, I have a lot less weight to play with now.

I wouldn't push it past 2 or 3 extra lbs, 5 would probably cost you.

Steel shafts, some clothes, shoes, dozen balls, is up to 50 pretty quick.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:02 AM   #2000
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I bought a Ping travel bag that is about 7 lbs more than my old travel bag, I have a lot less weight to play with now.

I wouldn't push it past 2 or 3 extra lbs, 5 would probably cost you.

Steel shafts, some clothes, shoes, dozen balls, is up to 50 pretty quick.
Yah I just did some math.

16 lb travel bag. 5 lb carry bag. about 25 lbs for clubs (rough guess). Already at 46 lbs, covered by balls and what not. Perhaps I shouldn't put any additional clothes in there.

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow