Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2018, 09:33 AM   #1941
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Bruce Irvin signs with the Falcons. Says the Steelers and Patriots offered more money, but he chose to sign with his hometown team instead.
He better break a sweat with the Falcons or he won't be there for long. There are some videos around from the Raiders/Broncos game where he was pretending to play but not really trying that are pretty disturbing. Even Albert Haynesworth thinks Irvin is a slacker.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #1942
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

They can fire as many assistant coaches as they want. The problem is Garrett. Had no clue since he was an intern now its 9 years later.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #1943
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Is Dak's collapse from first year even greater than RGIII's? Jerry is still dumb enough to give him $30 million a year though which should scare Cowboys fans.
Well, his stats through 8 are virtually identical to last year, and probably right where he is as a QB. 2 years ago was a bit of an anomaly and thanks in large part to the great year EE had. Great RBs help QBs like nothing else.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #1944
station
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
He better break a sweat with the Falcons or he won't be there for long. There are some videos around from the Raiders/Broncos game where he was pretending to play but not really trying that are pretty disturbing. Even Albert Haynesworth thinks Irvin is a slacker.
Interesting. He can’t possibly be worse than Vic Beasley though who has completely disappeared the last two years. Hopefully Irvin will be motivated in front of his hometown and having played for DQ before.
station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:20 AM   #1945
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dez signs with the Saints. Good for them, they desperately need more weapons up front lol ...
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:26 AM   #1946
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Dez signs with the Saints. Good for them, they desperately need more weapons up front lol ...
a good depth move. if Dez brings out the diva personality, I don't think Payton would hesitate to cut him. Low Risk
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #1947
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Well, his stats through 8 are virtually identical to last year, and probably right where he is as a QB. 2 years ago was a bit of an anomaly and thanks in large part to the great year EE had. Great RBs help QBs like nothing else.
I think we can all agree the biggest problem for the franchise is how Jerry runs it.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #1948
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by station View Post
Interesting. He can’t possibly be worse than Vic Beasley though who has completely disappeared the last two years. Hopefully Irvin will be motivated in front of his hometown and having played for DQ before.
I'm sure he will be better as he's playing for his next contract now. IMO he's still better suited as a pass rushing LB in a 3-4 defense and I think the Falcons are running a 4-3 like the Raiders?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #1949
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah the Falcons run a 4-3. Which I'm not sure helps Vic Beasley either, to me he'd be better suited as a 3-4 OLB as well.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #1950
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I would say the collapse is more Elliott than Dak. He's averaging 20 yards less rushing per game this season compared to his first season. NFL defenses are great at taking away what offenses do best and it was just a matter of time and enough video. Dak and Elliott (to a lesser extent) was a product of having a great offensive line (best in the league his first season) and running back gaining over 100 yards per game. A lot of his big passing plays in his first season were off play action. Now the running game isn't as dominant and the pass blocking not as good, teams know they can come after Dak and make him get rid of the ball quickly and it seems his decision making is not up to the standards of elite QB's.
The Cowboys offensive line definitely isn't what it was two years ago. Injuries and the like have eaten into that.

I also think that teams have tape on Dak and Elliott now so they can better game plan. We've seen these rookies have success in year one. But give pro coaching a full offseason to disect tape when they know they will play you and they can come up with a plan.

So at the end of the day Dak's limits are his limits...he wasn't a first round pick for a reason. So if his coaches can't devise an innovative game plan, to play to his strength's it will be tough for him to be successful.

The reason the likes of Goff, Wentz, and Mahomes have been reasonably good is that they do have better coaching.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #1951
station
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
yeah the Falcons run a 4-3. Which I'm not sure helps Vic Beasley either, to me he'd be better suited as a 3-4 OLB as well.
They run a Seattle-style cover 2 zone, usually in a 4-2-5 nickel package. They tried Beasley at SAM linebacker last year which makes sense with his speed. That was a disaster though since he seems completely inept in the run game. He’s back to a pure edge rusher this year and he beats the OL with speed on lots of plays but seems lost in the backfield and has no finish.

One thing that will help Irvin is that the Falcons run a pure rotation on the DL which should keep him fresh and allow him to tee off in obvious passing downs.
station is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to station For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 06:42 PM   #1952
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great play Cam Newton instead of taking the safety... lmao

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 07:09 PM   #1953
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

James Conner is a weapon. Wow.

This could get fugly for Carolina.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:55 PM   #1954
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

This could get ugly... hoping Carolina can make this a game again while still loses.

Either way Thursday games have been pretty good this year. Probably better than Monday games on average
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:29 PM   #1955
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Steelers giving their punter the night off.
puffnstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:30 PM   #1956
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
Steelers giving their punter the night off.
You could say the same thing about the Panthers and their defense
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:06 AM   #1957
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

what a game. Steelers flat out dominated the trenches all day. Ben had a ton of time in the pocket while Cam faced a lot of pressure behind a bad line and it made all the difference.

That Steelers offense is a joy to watch when they hit on all cylinders. So many weapons ... and Randy Fichtner is doing a great job so far. Ben was phenomenal. Didn't Senator say he was done? Lol.

Still think they are third best in the AFC though. Chiefs are simply too good and the Pats are the Pats.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:08 AM   #1958
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I said he was grateful for all the drama that was going up because it was covering up how poorly he was playing. At the time I believe he had more INTs than TDs. And the Chargers should probably be considered third best in the AFC seeing as their only two loses are to the Rams on the road and the Chiefs at "home".
Old 11-09-2018, 07:23 AM   #1959
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Still think they are third best in the AFC though. Chiefs are simply too good and the Pats are the Pats.
That slow start might be the difference of them being a 3 seed vs a 2 or 1 seed and having to play in the opening round and go on the road in the Division round.

But how a team is playing now means less compared to at the end of the season. It looks like the Steelers are getting better every week here.

I think the Chiefs and Patriots both should have plenty of incentive to get the top seed and try to avoid Pittsburgh as long as they can come playoff time.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #1960
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dez apparently tore his Achilles today. Talk about bad luck ...
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: