Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #4341
Sutter_in_law
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Its funny how their fans were lamenting the fact that 10 teams just laid down and died for us, what do they think now?

They're actually playing teams whose season is dead and buried. You cant tell me that was the LA Kings at 100%.
I was at the game, to me the Kings looked pretty disinterested early on, they weren't driving the net whatsoever and just fired weak passes into a clogged up slot.

Iggy seemed to be trying but just couldn't make anything happen, but didn't notice anyone else really.

I also learned from the "gentleman" next to me that the refs don't call enough penalties on infractions to Mcdavid...
Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 AM   #4342
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

Terry Jones couldn't even write an article about CFL Week without mentioning McDavid, smh.

E=NG
TJ=NG
The Following User Says Thank You to sec304 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #4343
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

The broadcast last night was insufferable. So many references to "the MVP".
Old 03-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #4344
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

it's amazing how many hardcore flames fans/Edmonton haters find so much time to watch oiler games.
if you hate the oilers so much, why do it?
Old 03-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #4345
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

As an Oilers fan, even I have to say that those broadcasts are best watching with the TV on mute. Yes McJesus is most important person in all of Oilland, but we get it. Once is enough
Old 03-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #4346
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I tune in for cross over tips
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #4347
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
As an Oilers fan, even I have to say that those broadcasts are best watching with the TV on mute. Yes McJesus is most important person in all of Oilland, but we get it. Once is enough
Yah I don't pay attention to tv announcers or watch pre game or intermission anything.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:02 PM   #4348
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Yah I don't pay attention to tv announcers or watch pre game or intermission anything.
No? You really should. Kevin Quinn and Drew Remenda are hilarious.

...and the crossovers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Old 03-21-2017, 03:04 PM   #4349
Bear
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
it's amazing how many hardcore flames fans/Edmonton haters find so much time to watch oiler games.
You, an oilers fan signed up to a flames message board, are "amazed" by flames fans watching a division rival on nights their team doesn't play?

At least we know irony isn't lost on you.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #4350
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
You, an oilers fan signed up to a flames message board, are "amazed" by flames fans watching a division rival on nights their team doesn't play?...
It is not surprising, actually. Oilers fans by and large are convinced that the Oilers are the only team in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Old 03-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #4351
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last nights Oilers/Kings game had plenty of implications for the Flames and their fans

Oilers jumped ahead of them however it pretty much sealed the Kings fate

Also, former Flames coach/GM/captain
Old 03-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #4352
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Old 03-21-2017, 03:15 PM   #4353
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
No? You really should. Kevin Quinn and Drew Remenda are hilarious.

...and the crossovers!
I get more involved in just paying attention to the game.

Although yesterday when kassian shot the puck out of play for a penalty and Remenda kept going on about it hitting the glass I thought it was funny. He must have been drunk.

My friends and I were taunting him and Kevin Quinn when we caught a game in Dallas this year because the club seats are right beside the broadcasters. They weren't too happy.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #4354
Cube Inmate
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It was truly one of the greatest comedy shows on TV for the better part of a decade. But they changed a couple of the characters, and then the writers decided to try making the jump to the "serious action" genre...it's just kind of pathetic. I thought I'd give it a chance, but it's jumped the shark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cube Inmate For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #4355
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
The broadcast last night was insufferable. So many references to "the MVP".
Yeah, I got through 1 period and intermission before I had to watch something else.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:24 PM   #4356
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
You, an oilers fan signed up to a flames message board, are "amazed" by flames fans watching a division rival on nights their team doesn't play?

At least we know irony isn't lost on you.
it's an honest question. with the disgust for the city, team and players, why lower yourself to watch so many oiler games? and it's not just during the playoff drive right now. it's all year long.

every game people come on with comments on how hard it is to watch and listen to, it's just disgusting. so I'm honestly asking why people keep doing it so often.

the only actual answer was the Gaskal by insinuating it's for the laughs, especially when Edmonton was historically bad. so you could always just answer for yourself instead of deflecting.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #4357
Burner_29
Draft Pick

Quote:

Tuned in to watch Iggy, left satisfied.
Beyond that I watch the occasional Oiler game to catch a glimpse of the second coming of Christ...

As pointed out previously, why come on a Flames forum and ask that question?
Maybe I should ask you a question;
Are you a hockey fan or an Oilers fan? It's one or the other, you can't be both.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #4358
Bear
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
it's an honest question. with the disgust for the city, team and players, why lower yourself to watch so many oiler games? and it's not just during the playoff drive right now. it's all year long.

every game people come on with comments on how hard it is to watch and listen to, it's just disgusting. so I'm honestly asking why people keep doing it so often.

the only actual answer was the Gaskal by insinuating it's for the laughs, especially when Edmonton was historically bad. so you could always just answer for yourself instead of deflecting.
Ok, it should be pretty obvious to you but I'll list a few reasons why Flames fans watch Oilers games:

1) They are our main rivals - people are interested in how they do and are curious as to how we stack up against them.

2) Most Flames fans are hockey fans in general and will watch whatever game is on. The Oilers are in our broadcast region. They typically play on alternating nights to the Flames. Its a hockey fix.

3) You'll like this one... The McDavid effect. I find more people in my social network watch oilers games than ever before as they want to see what the fuss is all about.

For the record, I don't think I've missed more than a handful of Oilers games this year. The commentary is woeful. It doesn't mean I'm going to miss a game of hockey when the viewing alternative is sitting upstairs with the missus watching the bachelor.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:35 PM   #4359
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 03-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #4360
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner_29 View Post
Tuned in to watch Iggy, left satisfied.
Beyond that I watch the occasional Oiler game to catch a glimpse of the second coming of Christ...

As pointed out previously, why come on a Flames forum and ask that question?
Maybe I should ask you a question;
Are you a hockey fan or an Oilers fan? It's one or the other, you can't be both.
The biggest reason I come here is there are some excellent posters in the off topic forum.
I don't think it's an unreasonable question to ask why people who are disgusted by the oilers and the city spend so much time watching them, only to complain how disgusting it is.

but serious, why is it one or the other and not both? why can't someone cheer for one team (no matter which) and enjoy the league as a whole?
Closed Thread