Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #341
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anybody know if there is some sort of a midget circus, or midget sideshow sort of deal in Vegas? Im going at the end of June and would enjoy that.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #342
henry07
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The worst mistake that you can do is talk to the doorman or manager at the front. everyone does that and they don't have any pull for the good tables. anybody who goes to vegas and does table service knows showing up at the front means nothing.
set everything up with a vip company in vegas and they will take care of everything and they should be able to guarantee you a great spot. We got a table for 10 guys and 4 girls at the marquee, right in the middle of the bar and the table section was raised a bit higher than the dance floor, costed us $500 each for the guys, the girls didn't have to pay. you get your own security guy, hostess to pour your drinks and a cleanup guy. also if your bottles run out, the clubs will make you buy more or else they kick you out of the table. I would recommend Jeff Ginsberg from VIP nights las vegas, hes the owner and his team is fantastic. Jeff makes sure you will get the table for the whole night, even if you run out of bottles. wouldn't recommend anyone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Anyone been to Marquee at the City Centre and can recommend the best place to get a table for bottle service on a Saturday night?

16 dudes heading for a bachelor party and staying in the hotel for a couple events so might have some sway. I can't imagine right next to the dance floor is the best kind of table with that many guys. We want to be right in it, but slightly set off with room for ourselves and hanger-on ladies. Also not the most expensive table either as its probably unnecessary. Would like to think the party will come to us a bit. Or at least we'll probably thnk it is regardless.

Last edited by henry07; 04-19-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: added more info
henry07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to henry07 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #343
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ It's better to just get in touch with a host at the club ahead of time. The VIP services charge a premimum, whereas the hosts aren't allowed to do so.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #344
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
^^ It's better to just get in touch with a host at the club ahead of time. The VIP services charge a premimum, whereas the hosts aren't allowed to do so.
Or better yet, find some hookers and save money.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #345
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
I have said it a few times throughout the thread but I always take a cab and stop at a Vons on the way to your hotel. You can grab some snacks and booze at a fraction of the price on the strip.
I know there is booze to be had for free however sometimes, you just want to have a couple in your room before heading out and as for snacks...you will thank me the first morning you wake up.
Vonns is okay as is the CVS but if you have a set of wheels get out to one of these stores.
http://leesliquorlv.com/store-locations/
Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #346
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
Does anybody know if there is some sort of a midget circus, or midget sideshow sort of deal in Vegas? Im going at the end of June and would enjoy that.

I have seen a black midget dressed like Mr.T downtown a few times but not for a while. Acually midgets may be on the way out because I havent seen this fellow in a long time either http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzICVmF78c.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #347
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Bad news for those of you that like O'Shea's...it closes at noon tomorrow
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #348
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Bad news for those of you that like O'Shea's...it closes at noon tomorrow
That sucks... I liked playing at the poker tables with the view of the strip. Apparently will become part of the LINQ in 2013. Whatever that is.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #349
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry07 View Post
The worst mistake that you can do is talk to the doorman or manager at the front. everyone does that and they don't have any pull for the good tables. anybody who goes to vegas and does table service knows showing up at the front means nothing.
set everything up with a vip company in vegas and they will take care of everything and they should be able to guarantee you a great spot. We got a table for 10 guys and 4 girls at the marquee, right in the middle of the bar and the table section was raised a bit higher than the dance floor, costed us $500 each for the guys, the girls didn't have to pay. you get your own security guy, hostess to pour your drinks and a cleanup guy. also if your bottles run out, the clubs will make you buy more or else they kick you out of the table. I would recommend Jeff Ginsberg from VIP nights las vegas, hes the owner and his team is fantastic. Jeff makes sure you will get the table for the whole night, even if you run out of bottles. wouldn't recommend anyone else
So it cost you $500 just to get into the club? Or did this include booze too?
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #350
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got back from Vegas on Wednesday night (well early Thursday morning) last week, that place is insane... I can't wait to go back.

We stayed at the Aria which was fantastic, but we did most of our gambling at the Monte Carlo next door as that's where our friends were staying. Walked away from the roulette wheel $140 richer, at which point I pretty much stopped gambling for the trip so I still came out ahead.

Highlights
- Dinner at American Fish, pricey, but fantastic
- Cirque du Soleil's KÀ was just breath taking. The technical side of the production (moving stages, video projection, peg boards) is mind blowing
- Seeing Brent Hinds from Mastodon playing Blackjack at MGM

Vegas takes a lot out of ya though, we arrived around 8:30 on Saturday night and after checking into our hotels met up with our friends and hit up the strip. Stayed out drinking/wondering around till almost 4:00am, next morning we got up and did the same. When we were getting ready for dinner on Sunday I mentioned to my wife "we've been here less than 24 hours and it feels like we've packed in two days of stuff".

There were a few things about Vegas which my brain is just not set up to process... like 32 oz draft beers at MGM... with 1/2 price refills.

Although overall we had a freaking blast, we'll definitely be back.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #351
henry07
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Theres a minimum charge of how much you need to spend based on how many people you have and which location for a table you want. it was $5000 tab for us to order whatever we wanted which worked out to $500 per person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
So it cost you $500 just to get into the club? Or did this include booze too?
henry07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #352
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
this, http://forums.jackcolton.com/ is a great resource for Vegas and a lot of hosts are on there.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #353
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry07 View Post
Theres a minimum charge of how much you need to spend based on how many people you have and which location for a table you want. it was $5000 tab for us to order whatever we wanted which worked out to $500 per person
wowsers - seems like and expensive night of clubbing for me - but maybe i am just old......
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Northendzone For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #354
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
wowsers - seems like and expensive night of clubbing for me - but maybe i am just old......
No that's ######ed regardless of age. I work with a few people that go to Vegas often and do the bottle service thing, sometimes they blow $1500 each on a night at the club. I really don't see the attraction, unless you're desperate to see the occasional celebrity ect.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #355
username
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
No that's ######ed regardless of age. I work with a few people that go to Vegas often and do the bottle service thing, sometimes they blow $1500 each on a night at the club. I really don't see the attraction, unless you're desperate to see the occasional celebrity ect.
To each their own; I enjoy doing it too and it has absolutely nothing to do with seeing a celebrity. It's about having a great time with your friends in Vegas and that costs money. Ya there's other ways to enjoy Vegas that are cheaper but some people prefer bottle service. So you shouldn't sit there and say it's ######ed for someone to spend money on doing things they enjoy. Just becuase you think it's ######ed doesn't mean it's isn't money well spent to someone else.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #356
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
To each their own; I enjoy doing it too and it has absolutely nothing to do with seeing a celebrity. It's about having a great time with your friends in Vegas and that costs money. Ya there's other ways to enjoy Vegas that are cheaper but some people prefer bottle service. So you shouldn't sit there and say it's ######ed for someone to spend money on doing things they enjoy. Just becuase you think it's ######ed doesn't mean it's isn't money well spent to someone else.
Explain to me what you are getting for your money. Serious question.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #357
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
That sucks... I liked playing at the poker tables with the view of the strip. Apparently will become part of the LINQ in 2013. Whatever that is.
Our guide mentioned when we passed by that it was being demolished for another Hotel and shopping complex. This one will have a Ferris wheel, similar to the London Eye
Old 04-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #358
wpgflamesfan
3 Wolves Short of 2 Millionth Post

Exp:

1500 a night is insane, like worse then Monaco/Cannes insane.
wpgflamesfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #359
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
My apologies, it's about feeling rich for a night and making it rain. It's also about trying to score with chicks that are only talking to you because you're willing to blow money on them. The people I work with aren't rich, and they go down and blow a weeks salary on one night of drunken stupidity. I agree to each their own, but lets be honest about the motivations behind it.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #360
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

I dunno, you can't walk a foot in that town without seeing some one blowing cash on something frivolous. At one point we found ourselves sitting by the pool discussing "yeah $36 for a six pack really isn't that bad" as we dug into a bucket of beer. And in all fairness a night of bottle service with drinks is probably more enjoyable than a single spin at the roulette wheel or a hand of black jack.

It's Vegas, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone spending their money "responsibility" or in a finically prudent way.

Having said that, if I'm dropping hundreds of dollars on bottle of booze it better be aged in oak and older than the girl serving it. "Premium" vodka? Really?
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
las vegas , sin city , vegas