Farm Team Player

Exp:

Ltir
Chr1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:09 AM   #22
NiklasSundblad
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If he can do something on the ice that makes me think it was crucial to us winning, that would be great. A clutch goal or two, a great defensive play, successfully receiving a pass and then successfully making another one that leads to a goal. These are not things he has managed in two years.

Short of a buyout I don't see how we rid ourselves of his contract, unless we're as catostophic as last season and someone else is absolutely desperate for right wing help at the deadline. That is obviously not a situation anyone wants just to see Brouwer go.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
NiklasSundblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:45 AM   #23
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Some cringeworthy responses in this thread.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2018, 04:57 AM   #24
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
35 points is a low bar imo but just play with some jam and passion. Like someone said stop skating away from scrums, stick up for your teammates, be worthy of that A on your chest in this sense if you aren't doing it on the scoreboard
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Do what we signed you for Troy. 35 points and "intangibles".
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #25
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Leading scorer in the DEL?
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:18 AM   #26
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
In a Flames uniform? I'm not even sure 20 goals would help his cause. Not many Flames fans want him on the team.
Brouwer scores 20 and I think most fans would be ecstatic. I think 15/35 would be a great season. However with the current roster, I think he won't get ice time to do that.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #27
Ben Dover
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Flames don't need the cap space this season...buyout would be counter productive
After our signings yesterday and today, the Flames are left with around 13 million in cap space with Hanifin, Lindholm, Jankowski, Kulak, Hathaway, Rittich, Gillies and others still needing contracts. Can be done but Treliving will have some work to do.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/flames
Ben Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #28
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
This board stopping buyout talk and including him in every prospective trade
So your banking on a trade or buyout too then?
FlamesFanTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:01 AM   #29
spuzzum
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

A holdout demanding increased ice time. Refuses to change his stance, contract gets terminated without the cap hit. Signs with the Oil to be the number one winger for McJesus.
spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spuzzum For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #30
1991 Canadian
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Getting close to 100% healthy and getting back to his old form. He has not been the same player since he broke his finger/hand in his first year. I think people forget that he was on pace for his typical 35-40 point year before that injury happened.

Prior to that injury, Brouwer was a career .48 PPG player, 50.31% corsi, with a 14.2% shooting percentage.

Since breaking his finger in December 2016, his PPG has dropped to 0.26 and his shooting percentage is down to 9.2% and his corsi is down to 48.75%.

Don't get me wrong. He was always going to underperform his contract and I hate seeing him forced onto the powerplay, but he's not completely ineffective. He's just severely overpaid.

I don't like the idea of his buyout cap hit on the Flames unless there is a young guy that can contribute more than him. If a young guy pushes his way onto the roster in training camp, by all means, send Brouwer into the sun. Until that happens, I'd rather see Brouwer given a chance to have a bounce back season.
1991 Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #31
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Give as much as Giordano does. Is that too much to ask?
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #32
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Sitting on the bench.

No, sitting in the press box.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #33
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'd be happy if he got 20-25 points while providing toughness.
His problem here was that he didn't produce and didn't play the game he was known for. He was soft.

If one of these re-appears he will be good enough. Overpaid, but at least a decent player.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:52 AM   #34
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Traded to Toronto, for draft pick given an A, Leafs put Troy on their PP for 3/4 of the season. PP suffers greatly because of it.
Retires becomes the new Slap Chop guy.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #35
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, if he has to be here then just play physical and contribute to a culture of strong work ethic and hating to lose. But I have not seen that from him since he got here so I have little faith that such a turnaround is possible. Looks like a guy who got his big payday and is just mailing it in.

I expect if he does somehow stick around he’ll be spending a lot of time in the press box.
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #36
CrazyCaper
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I wonder if Brouwer is willing to waive his NTC to get regular playing time somewhere else or if he's content to just plop his butt in the press box for 4/5 of the season?
CrazyCaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:08 AM   #37
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCaper View Post
I wonder if Brouwer is willing to waive his NTC to get regular playing time somewhere else or if he's content to just plop his butt in the press box for 4/5 of the season?
Based on his interviews, he thinks he's still a good player. Delusional maybe, but I think he will grow discontented with a lesser role, especially when the overall team is improved.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #38
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really there's only one answer and that's for him to become more of the player the Flames thought they were going to get when they signed him. I'm not sure what his role will be under Peters but if he can score 15 goals playing in a bottom 6 role that's probably the best we can hope for seeing we know he's never going to be worth the $4.5 million he's making. Maybe if he plays well enough in this 3rd year there may be a taker for that 4th year of his contract with the Flames retaining salary as I don't see him being a Flames for that 4th season as he will be bought out if he can't be moved.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #39
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What happened to him, anyway? He was a perennial 20 goal guy (or close to it) almost his entire career and also had an amazing playoff run right before signing in Calgary. I don't understand how someone drops off so fast, especially being the age he is.

Makes me worried for Derek Ryan as he's older right now than Brouwer was when the Flames signed him.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #40
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
What happened to him, anyway? He was a perennial 20 goal guy (or close to it) almost his entire career and also had an amazing playoff run right before signing in Calgary. I don't understand how someone drops off so fast, especially being the age he is.

Makes me worried for Derek Ryan as he's older right now than Brouwer was when the Flames signed him.
The game changed, and his touch around the net really fell off. He starts to earn less ice time and that compounds his lack of production. That's the best I can figure.