Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:
Thumbs up Thank you Sureloss

I was golfing for most of the day and missed much of the signings. To be able to check this site afterwards and see all the threads you created with the players names and the deals they got is a godsend. A quick scroll and you have all it all.

As always a huge thanks for the work you do in making this forum the greatest place to talk hockey
#22, 442scotty, AlmightyJay, ASP#26525, Badgers Nose, bc-chris, Bear, belsarius, BeltlineFan, Ben Dover, Benched, BigRed, bob-loblaw, Bonecrushing Hits, Boreal, BPH91, Braden, Brick, Buff, Bunk, bzoo02, CalgaryFan1988, cam_wmh, Captain Hair, CaptainYooh, chummer, Cole436, ColoradoFlamesFan, CSharp, cupofjoe, Cycling76er, dash_pinched, davidus_49, DeluxeMoustache, direwolf, Displaced Flames fan, Don Benji, DoubleK, drewtastic, droopydrew19, DT77, Duke43, EldrickOnIce, Engine09, Eric, Erick Estrada, Flames Fan, Ph.D., FlamesNation23, flame^thrower, ForeverFlameFan, Francis's Hairpiece, FurnaceFace, Gallick, getoverit, GoFlamesGo89, GranteedEV, GreenHardHat, GreenLantern2814, Greybeard, HermMunster, Hilbilly, Hitman88, Homeslice, Howie_16, HUSKER4FLAMES, I-Hate-Hulse, Iceman57, iggy_oi, ignite, iloveicedhockey, Insufficient Funds, It's a great day 4 hockey, J79, Jay Random, Jbo, jg13, JMN, John Doe, JohnnyB, JohnnyHockey, JohnnyTitan, josef, kbvall, KevanGuy, KevinKlineReadingABook, killer_carlson, KipperRules, kkaleR, Lanny'sDaMan, Lord Carnage, Loudog, mac_82, MikeMc, mile, minnow, MolsonInBothHands, Morning Wood, Mustache, N-E-B, Nage Waza, nixon45, OldSam, Owen15, Pablothegreat, Plaedo, Playfair, PlayfulGenius, Press Level, redflamesfan08, RedHawk12, RedHotC, Redliner, Rickbo, roberts10, robertsfanatic, rotten42, RT14, Sainters7, Samonadreau, Saqe, savardandjokinen, Scorch, scotty2hotty, Scroopy Noopers, sempuki, shotinthebacklund, SmoggyFlamesFan, Snuffleupagus, SOMBRI, squirtle, StAlbertFlame, Stan, Stay Golden, Steve Bozek, Steveyoto, Svartsengi, taxbuster, terryclancy, ThaBrink, the2bears, TheIronMaiden, TheScorpion, Tilley, Toonage, topfiverecords, Tsawwassen, underGRADFlame, vegasbound, Vinny01, Wolfman, Wolven, Yoho, Yrebmi, Zoller, zukes
Old 07-01-2018, 08:27 PM   #2
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’m running on vapors for my data plan until next Sunday so I too appreciate Sureloss’s efforts. It was a welcome reprieve during my day with children at Calaway Park.

Thank Boss.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #3
squirtle
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

how the hell does he post so fast my god
squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:41 PM   #4
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle View Post
how the hell does he post so fast my god
1) Robot
2) Multiple Monitors
3) Twitter creator

Take your pick
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2018, 09:18 PM   #5
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good thread Dion.

This is the best site for catching NHL news for the good guys, as well as those other teams.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:18 PM   #6
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

For sure. Thanks sureLoss! So easy to follow news right here.
JurassicTunga12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #7
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Sureloss is a bot, there can be no other explanation.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:21 PM   #8
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

I honestly just go to Sureloss' profile>recent posts to see if I have missed anything.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #9
RT14
First Line Centre

Exp:

It would be great if Sureloss can make a quick post in this thread so he can also receive a ton of thanks in one shot as well as Dion for starting it.
RT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #10
BPH91
Draft Pick

Sureloss and his timely posts are the reason my friends consider me an "insider".

He's the best for the latest breaking news. No questions.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
BPH91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #11
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big thanks to Scorp for updating the mega thread too.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #12
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I’m in the middle of binging S2 of Westworld. If sureloss is a robot, I’m afraid for the inevitable rebellion when he gains self awareness.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #13
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I’m in the middle of binging S2 of Westworld. If sureloss is a robot, I’m afraid for the inevitable rebellion when he gains self awareness.
Doesn’t look like anything to me...
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #14
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thank you very much, sureLoss! You are the best!
Old 07-01-2018, 10:52 PM   #15
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Agreed! Thank you Sureloss! Had a very busy day and was able to stay on top things just by checking the new threads.
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:58 PM   #16
RedHawk12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Agreed! Thanks so much for the time you put in for the Calgarypuck community
RedHawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:09 AM   #17
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 07-02-2018, 01:14 AM   #18
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

I failed to mention that sureloss has said in the past that he doesn't do what he does for the thanks or recognition, which to me speaks volumes about this site in general.

We have the mods who volunteer their time to do what is sometimes a thankless job (not sure I could do it) where they do their best to keep this place civil and respectful. They sometimes get questioned on the moves they make or why more action isn't being taken. It sometimes causes threads to be created where discussions are had and ideas are shared on how we should interact with one another. In the end the collective somehow agrees to take respect to another level.

Then there's Photon and others who work behind the scenes to keep this site running. Things we are probably not privy to.

I don't have the greatest knowledge or understanding of the game and for that reason I don't get involved in many of the discussions. I do however enjoy reading the various viewpoints that are posted on a daily basis. Your greater knowledge helps an old guy (i'm not saying so don't ask) like me better understand the game and more importantly all the analysis that goes on with things like the WAR mode ( I didn't know that existed ) and other things I can't remember.

The point i'm trying to make is that each and everyone of us makes contributions or does things to make this a better site and most importantly, we do it, not for the thanks or recognition, but because we all want this tradition of being the best site to talk hockey to continue for the foreseeable future.

Don't thank this post, just consider what I've said
Old 07-02-2018, 01:52 AM   #19
RT14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I failed to mention that sureloss has said in the past that he doesn't do what he does for the thanks or recognition, which to me speaks volumes about this site in general.

We have the mods who volunteer their time to do what is sometimes a thankless job (not sure I could do it) where they do their best to keep this place civil and respectful. They sometimes get questioned on the moves they make or why more action isn't being taken. It sometimes causes threads to be created where discussions are had and ideas are shared on how we should interact with one another. In the end the collective somehow agrees to take respect to another level.

Then there's Photon and others who work behind the scenes to keep this site running. Things we are probably not privy to.

I don't have the greatest knowledge or understanding of the game and for that reason I don't get involved in many of the discussions. I do however enjoy reading the various viewpoints that are posted on a daily basis. Your greater knowledge helps an old guy (i'm not saying so don't ask) like me better understand the game and more importantly all the analysis that goes on with things like the WAR mode ( I didn't know that existed ) and other things I can't remember.

The point i'm trying to make is that each and everyone of us makes contributions or does things to make this a better site and most importantly, we do it, not for the thanks or recognition, but because we all want this tradition of being the best site to talk hockey to continue for the foreseeable future.

Don't thank this post, just consider what I've said
I considered what you said and decided to thank your post because:
A) I agree with everything in it, and
B) Don’t like people telling me what to do so tend to do opposite in spite.
RT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RT14 For This Useful Post: