Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you renew your Seasons Tickets?
Yes 101 39.15%
No 28 10.85%
Don't have tickets but want to see the results. 129 50.00%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #41
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
I will gladly renew , as I've had some share of season tickets since the early 80's.

It took be until 2003 to get my full share of 4 tickets, and I'm not about to give that up, as it would be too difficult to get them back if I dumped them.

Part of being a fan is supporting your team when they aren't all that great. I get that this has been an incredibly frustrating season, but if winning was easy, it wouldn't be that much fun.

I get why many talk about not renewing, but that's not in the cards for me.
You're cheering for the right team then. Anyone who backs this team certainly knows a thing or two about supporting your team in the lean years. Nearly every year seems to be a lean year since the 80s.

If the Flames aren't careful they are going to hit a point where they have been so bad for so long again, the committed fans are going to tun them out based on the pricing they are asking people to pay and time investment requred. Most people I know certainly can afford to go to several games a year or purchase season tickets, it's the value for entertainment dollar that this team has lost.

Sad.

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 03-23-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Hot_Flatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #42
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
I'd be interested after this season in learning about your feelings on renewal. Notices will likely be mailed very soon.

Ken Kings playoff drive letter was quite laughable.

I have this inevitable fear that if I don't renew they will go on to win the Cup. So maybe I should just do this to push the cause further.
Is this a bad time to tell you I'll probably be out of my quarter share with your group? It was simply too painful. I might also be bad luck because they were even worse than their season average when I was there.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:24 PM   #43
PuckFather
Draft Pick

If they drop the prices I will, as the product on the ice as it is doesn't warrant the $$ we pay.
PuckFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #44
SilverKast
Backup Goalie

Exp:

$12k for two seats for the year? I don't mind paying it if I think I'm getting decent value out of it.

After travelling to half the NFL teams, and almost as many NHL rinks I've found that our game experience is really lacking in comparison. Outside of playoffs the dome just isn't an enjoyable experience.

I'll be taking my hard earned money and finding other ways for my family and I to enjoy going out for a good time.

Pains me to say it as I've been a Flames fan since they first moved here, but I don't even like going to the games anymore - and my kids have developed hardly any interest in the team since they've never seen anything like the old Battle of Alberta or good ole playoff hockey.
SilverKast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverKast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #45
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Question for those who are electing not to renew. With that money freed up, will you be pursuing other live sporting options around the city?

Just wondering as I know of a soon-to-be-announced option that will be around in 2019 that is the polar opposite of the Flames. That is a significantly cheaper game day experience, rumoured new stadium, different atmosphere in the stands, although potentially just as boring to some.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #46
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Question for those who are electing not to renew. With that money freed up, will you be pursuing other live sporting options around the city?

Just wondering as I know of a soon-to-be-announced option that will be around in 2019 that is the polar opposite of the Flames. That is a significantly cheaper game day experience, rumoured new stadium, different atmosphere in the stands, although potentially just as boring to some.
I'd support mls. That's about it
GullFoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:22 PM   #47
Housley4Prez
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I supported the team through some very, very thin years (Young Guns... ugh)...

And for whatever reason, this particular year has pushed me to the brink. Perhaps it's because each game I went to this year was garbage, or perhaps the stink of the election meddling is still fresh, or perhaps it's just Glue Gun hockey... but man, I hate that I hate watching Flames hockey now.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #48
Housley4Prez
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Please say baseball is returning.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #49
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

20,000+ seats or much smaller?
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #50
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Please elaborate - at least tell us roughly when the "soon to be announced" is
2ArmBands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #51
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Absolutely will renew. The Flames for me are a way of life - I will always support them as long as I am able. They have always been and always will be a the top of my "entertainment spend" no matter who wears, owns or runs the Flaming C.

In my view one of the worst things that could ever happen to Calgary is the departure of the Flames but that is for another thread...

Last edited by Manhattanboy; 03-23-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #52
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Not a STH but this is the first year since 2004 that I have not gone to a single game, and the number of games I watched on TV in their entirety can fit on one hand. Gulutzan brand hockey is some of the most boring, lifeless hockey I've ever seen, and it's just not worth the time or money investment
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #53
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housley4Prez View Post
Please say baseball is returning.
Affiliated baseball by preference.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #54
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Can we start a petition? And then send it to Treliving, cc to KK?
No need IMO.

CP has one of the bigger collections of Flames STH's. Someone in CSEC will be ninja-monitoring this thread closely by now.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #55
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

We cancelled ours before the start of this year. One of the best decisions I've ever made. Absolutely no regrets.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:08 PM   #56
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Renewing for sure. Very happy to be able to have this level of Professional sport to go to.

Lot's of frustrations this year but that is part of being a fan.
14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:13 PM   #57
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
No need IMO.

CP has one of the bigger collections of Flames STH's. Someone in CSEC will be ninja-monitoring this thread closely by now.
I'll put up a poll after the renewals are mailed.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #58
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

If you invested $15,000 per year for 25 years, with a 6% Return Rate, instead of buying season tickets:

End Balance $822,967.68
Starting Amount $0.00
Total Contributions $375,000.00
Total Interest $447,967.68

http://www.calculator.net/investment-calculator.html
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #59
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

For the love of god, please not a MLS team. We have real sports like football and lacrosse that would love more attendance.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #60
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
If you invested $15,000 per year for 25 years, with a 6% Return Rate, instead of buying season tickets:

End Balance $822,967.68
Starting Amount $0.00
Total Contributions $375,000.00
Total Interest $447,967.68

http://www.calculator.net/investment-calculator.html
  • Should be using a 4% rate to normalize for inflation
  • Investment of $3,000 = 1 white seat
  • 15 years

Output is $60,000. So you could either have a 50% share to a pair of tickets for 15 years. Or have a new Audi S5.

Tough choice.
GullFoss is online now   Reply With Quote