Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2021, 07:07 AM   #1241
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was one of those who would have been fine with sacking Ole after crashing out of the CL. Like I said at the time, the way it happened was completely unforgivable. But credit where credit is due, they've gone on a pretty good run since then, and putting that all on luck and penalties (which is just a bonkers argument anyway, we've gone over this a million times) is completely unfair. For what it's worth, I'll happily take being top of the league and rival fans still calling our manager bad. I'd rather roll with OGS than think back to the dark Mourinho days, that's for sure.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 07:34 AM   #1242
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Bagor has it spot on with Ole, tactically he's not a particularly great manager, but he does seem to be able to get his guys motivated and ready to play hard which is half the battle. And in this season where things aren't really normal having a team who goes out there and puts the work in is as important as being able to achieve tactical superiority. Watching Mourinho ball is ####ing gross, I guess it's defensible when the results come, but it's still dreadful to watch.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:37 AM   #1243
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm fascinated with your opinion of Ole as you seem obsessed with him.

Obsessed with him to a point when you're incredulous at him not being fired right in the middle of a winning streak. Obsessed with him to a point at not being fired when results show that he's far outperformed Jose, Frank and Rodgers and even Pep over the last 12 months. Obsessed with him to a point that you fixate on him and ignore the others.

And NO-ONE has claimed he is a great manager. But the Rafa fact remains that he's doing a far better job at United than Frank at Chelsea, and Jose at Spurs.

And please stop with your stupid baseless comments that his results are skewed due to him being the beneficiary of an unreal amount of penalties. Because it is a proven fact that this is absolute bs.

Here. Let's take away ALL penalties and see where the league table sits.
https://www.sportbible.com/football/...u5uR8DRqUlE3KI

Now never repeat that silly baseless statement again.

You don't watch United games but you have an issue with DVB being on the bench. Why don't you elaborate on why this is poor management. I mean he's probably player as much as someone like ....Ali, or Bale. But then again maybe he's sitting on the bench only 70-80% fit because in your world this is what happens ...right?

Now then you just carry on with your fixation of Ole if it helps you cope with your denial with the cancer currently at your club. Difference between United and Spurs fans pov on this is they have experienced both. As limited as Ole might be he has done a great job clearing up the mess of Mourinho.

Let's be clear Slava. No one here has ranted about Ole. No one is putting him on a pedestal. This conversation is not about how great he is. This conversation is about asking you to articulate why you think he should be fired.

And the best you have came up with is. 1. United get a lot of penalties. 2. United are lucky and 3. Other people think that.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 07:57 AM   #1244
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I was one of those who would have been fine with sacking Ole after crashing out of the CL. Like I said at the time, the way it happened was completely unforgivable. But credit where credit is due, they've gone on a pretty good run since then, and putting that all on luck and penalties (which is just a bonkers argument anyway, we've gone over this a million times) is completely unfair. For what it's worth, I'll happily take being top of the league and rival fans still calling our manager bad. I'd rather roll with OGS than think back to the dark Mourinho days, that's for sure.
Yeah. Let's all repeat the same old penalty argument.

But what never gets mentioned is that during this run they have also missed an incredible amount of sitters. Forwards aren't even firing on all cylinders yet. There's a lot of room to get better.

Bolded pretty much sums it up. And I'd bet that if fans of other PL were offered a choice between the two the majority would go for lucky old, gets loads of penalties, Ole.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 08:00 AM   #1245
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I would be really disappointed if Spurs fired Mourinho now. It would not be fair to make us watch two years of boring Mourinho football and then pull the plug before the entertainment starts in year 3 and 4.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:09 AM   #1246
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
But what never gets mentioned is that during this run they have also missed an incredible amount of sitters. Forwards aren't even firing on all cylinders yet. There's a lot of room to get better.
yup, Martial in particular. He was on fire after the restart but he really hasn't hit his stride for months now. He's been playing better lately but I hope he can score more consistently again soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 08:41 AM   #1247
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Double post.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:11 AM   #1248
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm fascinated with your opinion of Ole as you seem obsessed with him.

Obsessed with him to a point when you're incredulous at him not being fired right in the middle of a winning streak. Obsessed with him to a point at not being fired when results show that he's far outperformed Jose, Frank and Rodgers and even Pep over the last 12 months. Obsessed with him to a point that you fixate on him and ignore the others.

And NO-ONE has claimed he is a great manager. But the Rafa fact remains that he's doing a far better job at United than Frank at Chelsea, and Jose at Spurs.

And please stop with your stupid baseless comments that his results are skewed due to him being the beneficiary of an unreal amount of penalties. Because it is a proven fact that this is absolute bs.

Here. Let's take away ALL penalties and see where the league table sits.
https://www.sportbible.com/football/...u5uR8DRqUlE3KI

Now never repeat that silly baseless statement again.

You don't watch United games but you have an issue with DVB being on the bench. Why don't you elaborate on why this is poor management. I mean he's probably player as much as someone like ....Ali, or Bale. But then again maybe he's sitting on the bench only 70-80% fit because in your world this is what happens ...right?

Now then you just carry on with your fixation of Ole if it helps you cope with your denial with the cancer currently at your club. Difference between United and Spurs fans pov on this is they have experienced both. As limited as Ole might be he has done a great job clearing up the mess of Mourinho.

Let's be clear Slava. No one here has ranted about Ole. No one is putting him on a pedestal. This conversation is not about how great he is. This conversation is about asking you to articulate why you think he should be fired.

And the best you have came up with is. 1. United get a lot of penalties. 2. United are lucky and 3. Other people think that.
Woodshedded.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:16 AM   #1249
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

No one is suggesting OGS should get fired now. People were speculating and even suggesting he should have been a few months ago. They kept him and it appears to be working out for them.

Why is this covering 3 pages?
Cappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:18 AM   #1250
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dp
Old 01-15-2021, 11:32 AM   #1251
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
No one is suggesting OGS should get fired now. People were speculating and even suggesting he should have been a few months ago. They kept him and it appears to be working out for them.

Why is this covering 3 pages?
Who said anyone was suggesting he should get fired now?
It's covering three pages because I want to know why people were suggesting he should have been fired a few months back ahead of managers that he was outperforming then.

Should Jose be fired now? I mean he's on a far worse run of form than Ole ever was.

Old 01-15-2021, 02:03 PM   #1252
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Who said anyone was suggesting he should get fired now?
It's covering three pages because I want to know why people were suggesting he should have been fired a few months back ahead of managers that he was outperforming then.

Should Jose be fired now? I mean he's on a far worse run of form than Ole ever was.
I just feel like a simple "I told you so" would save us all from your constant ####-talking Slava's comments.

Colour us all surprised that OGS has dug himself out of the hole he was in after the Champions League exit. You can say you weren't deterred from all the haters and the Prawn Sandwich Brigade. We can all move on.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:21 PM   #1253
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just feel like a simple "I told you so" would save us all from your constant ####-talking Slava's comments.

Colour us all surprised that OGS has dug himself out of the hole he was in after the Champions League exit. You can say you weren't deterred from all the haters and the Prawn Sandwich Brigade. We can all move on.
How about I post whatever I want and if you don't like it respond to the subject matter or better still don't post at all. Then we can all "move on".

If you make a silly statement you deserve to be called on it or asked to explain it.

You and him have been asked multiple times why he should have been fired at that time given he was performing superior to Jose and Pep and Brendan over the last 12 months and barely behind Klopp.
Quote:
What hole was he in? He was on a four game winning streak in the PL before the CL exit. He hasn't lost a game since.

Are you saying that he should have been fired at that time based solely on his CL exit? Ignoring everything else including his record over the previous 12 months?

So, using your own standards. Is Jose in a hole now with 2 wins in 8 games? When should he be fired? Is it a big hole? How long do you give him? What about Frank?

OGS goes on a 4 game winning streak in the PL and Slava is astounded that he's still in a job based on a CL exit meanwhile Jose scrapes together 2 wins in 8 games and no one wants to talk about him?

Old 01-15-2021, 06:49 PM   #1254
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Poch cant win a trophy

Poch is at a non spurs club for 11 days... trophy count... 1

Faaaaaantastic
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:38 PM   #1255
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unfortunately for him not the only +ve result he has had this week.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...or-coronavirus

Old 01-16-2021, 12:00 AM   #1256
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
How about I post whatever I want and if you don't like it respond to the subject matter or better still don't post at all. Then we can all "move on".

If you make a silly statement you deserve to be called on it or asked to explain it.

You and him have been asked multiple times why he should have been fired at that time given he was performing superior to Jose and Pep and Brendan over the last 12 months and barely behind Klopp.
What hole was he in? He was on a four game winning streak in the PL before the CL exit. He hasn't lost a game since.

Are you saying that he should have been fired at that time based solely on his CL exit? Ignoring everything else including his record over the previous 12 months?

So, using your own standards. Is Jose in a hole now with 2 wins in 8 games? When should he be fired? Is it a big hole? How long do you give him? What about Frank?

OGS goes on a 4 game winning streak in the PL and Slava is astounded that he's still in a job based on a CL exit meanwhile Jose scrapes together 2 wins in 8 games and no one wants to talk about him?
Who hurt you?
Old 01-16-2021, 04:17 AM   #1257
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Who hurt you?
What an insightful post.
Now. You going to answer the questions?

Old 01-16-2021, 05:46 AM   #1258
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

oh Wolves. Better call Mendes quickly to see if he can get you a few more Portuguese imports this January.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:37 AM   #1259
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh oh. If you give up 3 to WBA, relegation looms. I can see not being able to score, but there is no excuse for the D...

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:54 AM   #1260
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Oh oh. If you give up 3 to WBA, relegation looms. I can see not being able to score, but there is no excuse for the D...
Dammit Wolves....get it together! We're pulling for you...and Nuno's Beard.

That thing is glorious.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote