Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-21-2019, 09:09 AM   #1501
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
2.6 billion globally, 1.79 billion behind Avatar.
Endgame is only about $170M behind Avatar globally. If Endgame got another $1.79B in receipts, its worldwide gross would be would be in excess of $4.4B. Or you know, double Titanic.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #1502
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Endgame is only about $170M behind Avatar globally. If Endgame got another $1.79B in receipts, its worldwide gross would be would be in excess of $4.4B. Or you know, double Titanic.
LoL wow my math! Was typing that in a hurry from my phone, thanks for clarifying that though.

170m is easily done.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:55 PM   #1503
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Chinese poster for Dark Phoenix. Stunning.

Spoiler!

I also noticed that the tv ads now say the “X-Men’s final adventure” or something similar.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 07:56 AM   #1504
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

What are the chances Hugh Jackman makes a surprise cameo seeing as this is the end of the X franchise?
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:01 AM   #1505
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
What are the chances Hugh Jackman makes a surprise cameo seeing as this is the end of the X franchise?
0%, really unfortunate; but after ending with Logan I can't see it happening. Would love to have him do something though! Same with Reynolds/Deadpool.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:32 AM   #1506
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Set photos are being leaked from the new Black Widow film which is filming in Norway. With it now most likely coming out next year I ask which comic book film are you most excited for and which one do you think will win the box office?
Old 05-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #1507
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Honestly I think GoTG 3. This franchise was a slow burner for me.

I was among the minority that wasn't super impressed with GoTG 1. I actually liked GoTG 2 a lot better. Then I went back to give GoTG 1 more credit because it set the foundation for the Hondu/Quill relationship that made me like GoTG 2 so much.. and made the pay off of GoTG 2 so good. So in a way it made me re appreciate GoTG 1 when I re watched it.

Now with REDACTED on board and an awesome plot I can both get behind and appreciate that was laid out in End Game involving REDACTED, I think GoTG 3 will be one of the best Marvel movies to date.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #1508
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Honestly I think GoTG 3. This franchise was a slow burner for me.

I was among the minority that wasn't super impressed with GoTG 1. I actually liked GoTG 2 a lot better. Then I went back to give GoTG 1 more credit because it set the foundation for the Hondu/Quill relationship that made me like GoTG 2 so much.. and made the pay off of GoTG 2 so good. So in a way it made me re appreciate GoTG 1 when I re watched it.

Now with REDACTED on board and an awesome plot I can both get behind and appreciate that was laid out in End Game involving REDACTED, I think GoTG 3 will be one of the best Marvel movies to date.
I'm super excited for GOTG3 as well, but I'm the complete opposite as you. I loved the first one but thought the 2nd one wasn't as good but I'm still super excited to see how the trilogy ends.

Having said that, Gunn is shooting Suicide Squad 2 first and that doesn't come out until 2021 so I don't expect Guardians 3 to come out until 2022.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 10:54 AM   #1509
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

With no Avengers or Star Wars next year, things are pretty wide open box office wise. Be interesting to see what Marvel actually announces... right now the only comic book movie that might contend to be the number one move is Wonder Woman 1984. There's an awful lot of "Untitled Event Film" on the schedule for next year though.

Personally I'm hoping Christopher Nolan's "Tenet" is a big deal.

Last edited by OutOfTheCube; 05-29-2019 at 10:58 AM.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 11:58 AM   #1510
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joel Kinnaman confirmed to return for SS2. That makes him, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis and Jai Courtney as returning members of task force X.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:13 PM   #1511
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Old Gunn has been playing his cards close with the whole 'returning cast' 'new cast' reboot, quasi reboot.. there were some parts of SS I loved, I thought Viola Davis nailed her character, Margot Robbie obviously is a better Harley Quinn than Harley Quinn actually is Harley Quinn, if that makes sense.

I thought the guy playing Flagg, was horrible. Diablo, Killer Croc. I wasn't huge on Captain Boomerang but I definitely got a scumbag feeling from him so that is good.

The plot obviously sucked, Gunn can totally fix that. With the characters he has coming back and the rumoured cast I am sure SS2 will be a good movie. As long as Leto is done as the Joker
Old 05-30-2019, 07:03 AM   #1512
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Current Batman writer Tom King has been announced to co-write the New Gods movie. He also wrote the Mr. Miracle ongoing series.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 07:28 AM   #1513
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!

Promotional art from Godzilla vs Kong
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 07:33 AM   #1514
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Godzilla: King of the Monsters reviews aren't favourable. Hopefully it's just people being snooty and it's at least a spectacle. I don't look for a whole lot of plot in my disaster/monster movies.

Kong is looking mighty big compared to Godzilla. He's grown up since Skull Island.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:09 AM   #1515
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/robert-...os-1202624926/

First news that Matt Reeves will be directing a trilogy of Batman films and confirmed Pattinson as Batman

I like Hoult as an actor just not as Batman. Would love him to appear as a villain tho.

Perhaps the reason why he took so long to write the script is that he was outlining the trilogy?
Old 06-05-2019, 06:57 AM   #1516
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Sounds like Xmen at Fox is going out with a whimper instead of a bang.

Dark Phoenix is getting completely trashed by critics. Like worse than Origins Wolverine and Last Stand. Way, way worse.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:30 AM   #1517
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Sounds like Xmen at Fox is going out with a whimper instead of a bang.

Dark Phoenix is getting completely trashed by critics. Like worse than Origins Wolverine and Last Stand. Way, way worse.
Yeah reviews are horrible so far, although I have a hard time believing it could be worse than Origins. Too bad, as First Class, DOFP, and Logan were all great. Was really hoping that Fassbender and MacAvoy would get a good send off.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:49 AM   #1518
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm actually one of the few that liked X-Men Apocalypse, and when it comes to reviews for superhero films I don't always agree with the critical consensus. Still looking forward to this one, going tomorrow on IMAX
Old 06-05-2019, 07:49 AM   #1519
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, but Apocalypse sucked, so they'd kinda already run the thing off the rails.

Anyway, reading the reviews makes it sound like "eh, this is pretty crappy", so it's not anywhere near the total abortion that was Origins.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:03 AM   #1520
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yeah, but Apocalypse sucked, so they'd kinda already run the thing off the rails.

Anyway, reading the reviews makes it sound like "eh, this is pretty crappy", so it's not anywhere near the total abortion that was Origins.
The X-men franchise is known for being all over the place in terms of quality, from absolute crap to Oscar winning movies. Apocalypse being crap, doesn't mean that the follow up movie will be bad....although in this case it looks it was.

Also, Logan and Deadpool 2 both came after Apocalypse, so maybe we were due for a crappy X-men film.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote