Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #2801
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post
And then i look at who thanked your post and i think, yup makes sense. Old cp liberal boys club. Pretty standard patting on the back.
Do you believe only liberals believe in democracy and that politicians should not engage in allegedly criminal activities to win elections?

Because I don’t. I think that’s a pretty standard belief in western society.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #2802
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

From the same folks who brought you "I don't understand how people can still vote for the Liberals if this is true," comes the next great chapter in political cognitive dissonance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
But there is no way I can vote for the NDP in the upcoming election. None, whatsoever.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #2803
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
From the same folks who brought you "I don't understand how people can still vote for the Liberals if this is true," comes the next great chapter in political cognitive dissonance...
More than 2 parties there champ. But good implied assumption there.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:21 PM   #2804
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
More than 2 parties there champ. But good implied assumption there.
So are you saying you definitively will not vote UCP if the allegations are true?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #2805
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Flames Fan View Post
I'd venture to say that Rachel Notely has a lot of morality. I can't think of anything illegal or detrimentally shifty she's done in the definition of morality.

All she's done is try to support all Albertans - and no I'm not on the NDP payroll or connected in any way (just to head off any accusations). I've met with Minister Maranda a few times as he's in charge of Film Tax Credits, that's it.

Rachel Notely Fought Like Hell for Alberta, but the province isn't about to thank her - MacLeans

Alberta Party is interesting. If they can gain any traction I'd welcome it. There seems to be a happy medium there between fiscal and social policies, but it hasn't caught on because of extreme partisanship and party-first mentality in my mind.

The UCP is a disaster. Run by a disaster. Fed by corporate interests. They don't seem to have a plan for Alberta as much as a plan for their donors.

All shes done is support Albertans

Read the comments section and you could write a 20 chapter book (maybe we can get a discount from the guy who writes How Kenney lost an unlosable election) on how to turn your back on your own province. I truly believe that she means well, seems like a nice person and wishes nothing but the best for AB but she is in so far over her head and the people of this province paid the consequence.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 05:27 PM   #2806
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
So are you saying you definitively will not vote UCP if the allegations are true?
As always I vote for the best candidate in my riding that also is running for the party I most align with. I just moved and actually have no idea who is even my mla let alone who is running. There is also the strategic vote. But I don’t think I’m in a riding that will matter for that.

Will I not vote ucp? If Kenny is charged or found guilty of something than I would have to really think about it.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #2807
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I was already planning not to vote for the UCP candidate in my riding, but I got a fund raising call from the UCP with a guy on the end that just could not take no as an answer. First he's talking about $4000 is the cap blah blah blah, but even $100 would be helpful to "take back our province" every time I said no he kept talking about how I needed to do my part to get people back "working" guess what? skeevy Jason Kenney isn't getting a single penny out of me, I was promptly hung up on.

Call came from a Red Deer based Chiropractic clinic according to my Caller ID lol
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #2808
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
As always I vote for the best candidate in my riding that also is running for the party I most align with. I just moved and actually have no idea who is even my mla let alone who is running. There is also the strategic vote. But I don’t think I’m in a riding that will matter for that.

Will I not vote ucp? If Kenny is charged or found guilty of something than I would have to really think about it.
Don't let someone brow beat you for wanting the NDP out man.

Four years ago, voters didn't want the PC's anymore and protest voted. That's all the rationale you need. Voting for the UCP does not mean you're a scumbag #######.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #2809
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I honestly think the UCP has enough time and political capital to oust Kenney now and still win, probably comfortably. Can't wait too long though, but people really want the NDP gone more than they are craving Kenney as Premier. But if this drags on too long the UCP (née WR/PC) could end up botching three layup elections in seven years which would be an impressive accomplishment.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #2810
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It's the continued arrogance that might get them into trouble. It was big reason Prentice lost. From the very start, Kenney has just assumed he is going to lead this province, and has bulldozed his way there. It really isn't a good look.
To a certain extent, he has to be very firm and bulldoze. There are still some disgruntled Wildrose people with quite regressive views. They are not doing the UCP any favors with all the grumbling from defeated candidates.

And now Brian Jean wants to re-enter the political scene?
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #2811
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
Don't let someone brow beat you for wanting the NDP out man.

Four years ago, voters didn't want the PC's anymore and protest voted. That's all the rationale you need. Voting for the UCP does not mean you're a scumbag #######.
Nobody is brow beating anyone for wanting the NDP out.

What is being pointed out, and rightfully so, is the concerning lack of ethics and possible criminal behaviour from the heir apparent. It is not NDP or UCP, and voting UCP certainly doesn’t make someone a scumbag. People can plan to vote UCP despite these allegations or even in light of some confirmed guilt, but pretending they don’t exist, pretending Kenney is some guy just “doing what it takes,” or excusing allegedly criminal behaviour because someone is on “your side” is hard to justify.

And for all the tremendous brow beating that went on over people protest voting for the NDP, it sure would be hypocritical to say that’s the only excuse you need to make a vote.

People need to use their minds. Not just settle on party lines and be done with it. We can demand better than fraudsters, and we should. Protest voting got us into a mess, another protest vote isn’t going to get us out. Consider the platforms, consider the people, and make an educated vote. That’s doing the bare minimum.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 07:39 PM   #2812
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I honestly think the UCP has enough time and political capital to oust Kenney now and still win, probably comfortably. Can't wait too long though, but people really want the NDP gone more than they are craving Kenney as Premier. But if this drags on too long the UCP (née WR/PC) could end up botching three layup elections in seven years which would be an impressive accomplishment.
If they're smart they'll do exactly that, if not then it's the Alberta Party for me
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 07:56 PM   #2813
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
If they're smart they'll do exactly that, if not then it's the Alberta Party for me
Just make sure you don't vote split man. If you don't want the NDP back for a second showing, voting Alberta party isn't a good idea. I voted for Greg Clark last go around.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:02 PM   #2814
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just make sure you don't vote split man. If you don't want the NDP back for a second showing, voting Alberta party isn't a good idea. I voted for Greg Clark last go around.
I simply vote for whoever I agree with the most. Worrying about splitting the vote or party allegiances is missing the point as far as I'm concerned
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 08:04 PM   #2815
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
I simply vote for whoever I agree with the most. Worrying about splitting the vote or party allegiances is missing the point as far as I'm concerned
The last election was voting out conservatives though. What's the difference?
Old 03-15-2019, 08:07 PM   #2816
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For me it wasn't, so I couldn't tell you
Old 03-15-2019, 08:11 PM   #2817
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I think an eye for an eye is basically the worst way to look at this. This is an honest opportunity to right the ship. We don’t accomplish that by trading the NDP for a crook.

Ideally, the UCP bail on Kenney very very quickly and we get a much better option. Otherwise I guess we hope the Alberta Party wakes up?
Old 03-15-2019, 08:13 PM   #2818
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Right I do too. But on a party level. Not a leader level. The leader plays into it a bit though.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:17 PM   #2819
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Right I do too. But on a party level. Not a leader level. The leader plays into it a bit though.
This is the Liberal voter perspective too. Not sure why it's wrong in one direction.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:24 PM   #2820
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is the Liberal voter perspective too. Not sure why it's wrong in one direction.
A lot of people can’t see past the leader of the party. Partly why people are so shocked about Trump winning. I may despise Kenny and everything but if I vote ucp it doesn’t mean I support him. I support the polices of the party. I don’t support essentially anything the NDP stands for so how would I vote for them even if I hate Kenny?

In the USA how do you expect someone who supports republican polices but hates trump to vote anyone but trump? It’s the nature of the system.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post: