Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2020, 08:52 PM   #41
foofighter15
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

All I can say is finally.
foofighter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:57 PM   #42
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Something else that's really exciting: I'm going to be interviewing Ryan Popowich, the Flames' director of marketing, after the announcement is made to talk about the Flames' jersey and design history and the process that has culminated with the upcoming change. It's going to be a really fun interview about one of my favourite subjects. If anyone has any questions about jersey and logo design that they would like to see answered, please let me know and I'll do my best to ask!

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:35 PM   #43
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Something else that's really exciting: I'm going to be interviewing Ryan Popowich, the Flames' director of marketing, after the announcement is made to talk about the Flames' jersey and design history and the process that has culminated with the upcoming change. It's going to be a really fun interview about one of my favourite subjects. If anyone has any questions about jersey and logo design that they would like to see answered, please let me know and I'll do my best to ask!
Ask him to show us the mock designs he posted a while ago if possible. It would be cool to see if they had anything way different.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:52 PM   #44
Number 39
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I’m going to ask the obvious question. Why did it take so long to re-envision the jerseys when it was clear the fan base wanted a return to the retros. What was the hold up and why did they hang onto the Edge designs much longer than any other team?
Number 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Number 39 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 09:58 PM   #45
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 39 View Post
I’m going to ask the obvious question. Why did it take so long to re-envision the jerseys when it was clear the fan base wanted a return to the retros. What was the hold up and why did they hang onto the Edge designs much longer than any other team?
You read my mind. It's been a giant middle finger to the fanbase for years
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 10:18 PM   #46
Number 39
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I’ll go one step further. Why mess with what works (retros)? From what has leaked in this thread the design process is awful and amateurish.
Number 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Number 39 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 10:39 PM   #47
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don't care about the white jerseys but if they are not wearing the retro red full time at home I will be very disappointed.
the_only_turek_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:40 PM   #48
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It makes the viewing experience so much better.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to the_only_turek_fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 11:20 PM   #49
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Did Ken King read Jersey Ideas - Ken King please read?
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 11:27 PM   #50
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Honestly as a viewer at home I get extra jacked when they wear the retros.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to the_only_turek_fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #51
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I've never cared for the white Flames jerseys over the years but the retro whites are gorgeous.

I will #### in a bag and mail it to the Flames if they don't go full retro next season.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:47 PM   #52
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Scorp, ask if there are plans to show off all sets at home, including whites.

For a stretch question, I’d love to know how much freedom the flames have. Or any nhl teams. Lots of terrible jerseys out there that look like textbook examples of design by committee. Couple that with the flames not changing their obviously terrible jerseys and it makes me wonder about who is approving this trash. Who approves the designs? What’re the rules for design? Is it a ownership thing? NHL? People in marketing? A blind walrus?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 11:51 PM   #53
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Yup. That sounds like a good topic, Cecil.

I'm going to ask some tough, fair, respectful questions. I'm going to ask why the flags remained in use for so long, why the piping remained for nearly a decade, etc. I really hope it's an insightful, in-depth interview, one that I would have dreamed of reading about elsewhere. I want to genuinely answer some questions that fans have been asking for years.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 11:55 PM   #54
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Haha definitely want to reword my question a bit. Probably not a great idea to call flames current jerseys an abortion to the guy’s face.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 11:59 PM   #55
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Lol. I'm the first to say how much I don't really like the current jerseys at all. There are elements of them that I love and elements that I hate. I do understand why they're still around, though. And I know there are people who love em.

Old 09-20-2020, 02:53 AM   #56
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Call me weird, but I hate jersey announcements, I find them so corny. Every season there is a perfect opportunity to unveil a new uniform, at the draft. Have your new first round pick show of the new home uniform and in the photo sessions have him show off the new away. I guess this year it doesn't matter since it'll all be via video conference.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:56 AM   #57
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Haha definitely want to reword my question a bit. Probably not a great idea to call flames current jerseys an abortion to the guy’s face.
Well they would fit in well in a medical waste receptacle.

There is only 1 good element for the current kit, that is the logo.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:24 AM   #58
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
Call me weird, but I hate jersey announcements, I find them so corny. Every season there is a perfect opportunity to unveil a new uniform, at the draft. Have your new first round pick show of the new home uniform and in the photo sessions have him show off the new away. I guess this year it doesn't matter since it'll all be via video conference.
It would be so Flames to trade away the first round pick the same year of a new jersey.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:27 AM   #59
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Yeah, how exactly are you going to unveil jerseys at the draft this year? It's being conducted remotely... is every NHL team going to mail Mavrik Bourque and every other prospect one of their jerseys just so they can try the right one on at the proper time? And are these guys going to be filmed from their living rooms?

I'm very curious to see how it all plays out with Ottawa and Calgary both unveiling new uniform sets on the eve of the draft. I'm honestly curious to see how the whole draft works.

Old 09-20-2020, 10:29 AM   #60
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Do like the NFL did. Send every kid likely to go in the first round a set of 31 jerseys/hats.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post: