Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #11161
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
So a province who has elected separatist governments provincially and supported a separatist party federally numerous times equates to some angry people spouting off on Facebook and small legion halls? That’s not even way out in left field that’s out of the park.
Sorry, again I think you're just missing context. Erick Estrada is one of those angry people spouting off on Facebook, as you put it. I didn't mean to suggest all of Alberta is Wexit supporters or anything.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #11162
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Is what EE wrote their really bigoted? Is he associating himself with any groups?

what is the point of your antagonism.

Beyond that, not every poster on this forum has the political spectrum of every poster other mapped out.
Woah woah not cool dude. I did not insinuate Erick Estrada was a bigot here. That's extremely uncalled for and completely unfair to Erick.

I was simply drawing a parallel between his view that Alberta would be better off separating from Canada because we have different values than the Liberal government and the Bloc, who believes that Quebec would be better off separating from Canada because they have different values than the Liberal government.

Ironically, one of the concerns of Erick (and of course a lot of Albertans) is that the Liberals have not been doing enough for pipelines (fair enough) while the Bloc is against the Liberals because they fear being forced to have a pipeline forced down their throat by the Liberals.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #11163
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Blanchet spent the day throwing fire on Western Alienation.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1194751147891994624

https://twitter.com/user/status/1194746762625462279
Old 11-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #11164
OMG!WTF!
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

That guy sounds like a kid who just got his first pay check and tells mom and dad to shove their rules.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #11165
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I like the idea of a Canada wide referendum to vote on kicking Quebec out. You want to separate and be independent so bad, then separate and be independent.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:46 PM   #11166
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Honestly, maybe just one. Erick Estrada. The person I responded to. That was the intent of the post.

It was ironic that Erick Estrada, the guy who's saying Alberta needs to separate from Canada and will be better off for it and is totally on board, is the guy who made the post about the Bloc's leader, who's premise is pretty much the exact same.

EDIT:

10 seconds of looking and that's one of his posts on the subject.
LOL the comparison of Alberta and Quebec separation is laughable. I fully know you are intelligent enough to know that. One province receives more government money and preferential treatment than any other and it's never good enough. They still think they are better off out of Canada. The other province is getting piled on and taken advantage of. The situations really couldn't be any more different.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 08:19 PM   #11167
flamingred89
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
That guy sounds like a kid who just got his first pay check and tells mom and dad to shove their rules.
...and threatens to move out. But won’t move out because of free food and rent. And that food has to include his favourites or he will raise his voice and throw a tantrum. Then asks for a little extra cash to help fund his xbox live subscription and demand for upgraded WIFI. Meanwhile his parents are befuddled and annoyed. They ask for a little kickback from his pay check. To which he says he can’t because he spent it all on bow ties...Which leads to drinking. Lots and lots of drinking.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to flamingred89 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 08:24 PM   #11168
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
1. Wexit isn't an elected party in Alberta or Canada. The Bloc is, and they won a lot of seats this election.
2. Albertans are less interested in ####ing over a specific province 3500km away and simply want prosperity within their own.
I still don't understand how the Bloc is allowed to run in a Federal election. When deciding the PM of Canada how the hell is a guy who is only interested in his own province allowed to run for leadership of the entire country? Kind of ridiculous.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 08:39 PM   #11169
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I still don't understand how the Bloc is allowed to run in a Federal election. When deciding the PM of Canada how the hell is a guy who is only interested in his own province allowed to run for leadership of the entire country? Kind of ridiculous.

There's no requirement for any party to run candidates in every region or province at all. All you need is enough signatures to form a party to run in a federal election.

Can you imagine if you had an election law that not only do you have to run at least one candidate in every province, but had to win at least one seat in every province in territory? Interestingly enough that would really give voters a poop ton of power and the major parties wouldn't be able to focus on appeasing Quebec and Ontario and write off Alberta and Saskatchewan.

You'd literally have Bloc Candidates in Alberta and Saskatchewan, and Trudeau wouldn't have been able to run in Quebec on a message of Quebec versus the evil oil oligarchs in Alberta. Candidates wouldn't be able to run on wedge issues and putting one region against another region.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:50 PM   #11170
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’d love it if there was a bloc candidate in my riding. I’d vote for them in a second because I too am very pro-Quebec separation.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 08:51 PM   #11171
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Can you imagine a Bloc Candidate in Alberta campaigning on a vote for me is a vote for Quebec leaving.

Of any party in Alberta that could break the Conservative vote its the Bloc
Old 11-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #11172
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1194767403051126784
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 09:06 PM   #11173
OldDutch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
It is beyond that. The kid is telling the Dad to punch himself in the face.

The Dad does it and says “sir can I have another?”

Also the kid is also despicable sociopath and hard core internet troller.
OldDutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:56 PM   #11174
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Yes they did. Approving it is literally saying it is in the national interest.

Bill S-245 was drafted before the purchase of the pipeline. Less than a week after it was approved by the Senate, the Liberals purchased the pipeline making the bill obsolete.
The bigger problem is that the bill actually declares Trans-Mountain to be under provincial jurisdiction which is clearly wrong.
cal_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:50 AM   #11175
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some country we live in where the leader of a major party in Parliament states that the policy of his party is that they could give a $&@“ about the well being of a significant part of the country. He should take his corrupt sponge sucking province and get the $&@“ out.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #11176
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

wouldn't it be nice if alberta could just shut off the taps to PQ and watch as they suddenly have a big change in their marketplace.

It continues to boggle my mind why as a country we are doing this to ourselves just to lead the world in virtue.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:33 AM   #11177
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think a bunch of people are just taking the bait. I mean we all know the entire goal of the BQ is to separate, so they've found a potential wedge issue and are going to be petulant and hope to cause more infighting. More news at eleven.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #11178
Bleeding Red
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Can you imagine if you had an election law that not only do you have to run at least one candidate in every province, but had to win at least one seat in every province in territory?
Interesting idea.

But each of the territories only has 1 seat. Suddenly the Great White North is in the drivers seat. A party would have to win all 3 to govern. Easily fixed, I know, either add a few seats to the territories (because we all want more politicians), or simply exclude them from the rule.

I'd be up for this one.
Bleeding Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:29 AM   #11179
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I think a bunch of people are just taking the bait. I mean we all know the entire goal of the BQ is to separate, so they've found a potential wedge issue and are going to be petulant and hope to cause more infighting. More news at eleven.
While I like the characterization of the BQ as the troll of Canadian politics, I think a lot of people have felt this way about Quebec for a long time regardless of the Bloc's recent resurgence. I know I have. It doesn't matter what party it is, whether it's Legault or Corderre or their Liberal/NDP MPs they're all the same, constantly spouting a completely ignorant self important view of their province like the rest of Canada owes them just for the privilege of remaining in the country. Constantly demanding subsidization from the rest of us while actively hampering economic development elsewhere in the country by rejecting the covenant of Canada as economic federation. Their largest corporations like Bombardier and SNC constantly get bailed out. Their dairy farm cartel is ensured and foisted on the rest of us, it's a joke how cheap dairy is in the states. Their hydro-electric is protected from equalization. I see equalization in theory as a kind of insurance program that you pay into when times are good but it should come with two assurances: Provinces will not hamper your economic development to continue to pay into those programs and have-not provinces will pay in to the program if/when they become have provinces. Quebec breaks both of these, they restrict access to their coast which is really the only useful part of their province and I will bet my life savings that there will never, ever, become a day when Quebec is a net contributor to equalization. Ever. I'd love to see them separate because the whole thing is a giant scam, they have the best possible situation right now where they collect cheques from the rest of us to fund their programs while also having by far the most autonomy of any province and it's still not enough. They need a reality check that in contrast to 1995 when it appeared the vast majority of english canada wanted them to stay a large proportion of people would love it now if they just ####ed off.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 10:38 AM   #11180
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why does a pipeline need to go through Quebec? I guess, just looking at the map of Canada, isn't to the Hudson Bay enough?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote