Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2024, 04:02 PM   #61
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
The great people of the Foothills hospital are fully the reason why my wife is alive today.
The staff of the Tom Baker Cancer center are IMO world class and they give compassion and care over and above what their job requirements ask of them.

The Foothills hospital staff who assisted my wife through her heart surgery and recovery again were world class with professionalism care and compassion.

Many people complain about our-health care system however once you are IN IT and have been properly diagnosed I have seen great things.

Lanny is so correct in stating that foothills has old bones but the staff elevate what is a dated and tired hospital into an amazing facility.

I had a serious work injury last august up not to far from the Lougheed. I DEMANDED to go to the Foot and good thing too as it turned out I not only had three broken ribs, but a grade 4 splenic rupture. The staff at the Foot took amazing care of me, and because of their skill and professionalism I still have my spleen. I will never go to any other hospital in this city.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2024, 04:04 PM   #62
Southside403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hope you get better lanny such great ambassador to flames community.
Southside403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 03:21 PM   #63
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
The great people of the Foothills hospital are fully the reason why my wife is alive today.
The staff of the Tom Baker Cancer center are IMO world class and they give compassion and care over and above what their job requirements ask of them.

The Foothills hospital staff who assisted my wife through her heart surgery and recovery again were world class with professionalism care and compassion.

Many people complain about our-health care system however once you are IN IT and have been properly diagnosed I have seen great things.

Lanny is so correct in stating that foothills has old bones but the staff elevate what is a dated and tired hospital into an amazing facility.
My mother was in the cardiac ward of Foothills from December 15th to January 30th. Heck, Lanny might have ended up in the very same bed she was in just 5 days earlier.

Foothills hospital staff saved her life twice, once on December 16th and then again Christmas Eve. She’s home now and healthy, just rebuilding physical strength.

Hopefully Lanny’s recovery goes as well as my mother’s has as he IS 2 years younger, but she only played 454 games to his 1,111, so, fewer miles on the ticker?
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2024, 01:59 PM   #64
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1770525289082167805

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...way-to-heaven/
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2024, 02:00 PM   #65
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Crikey. I had no idea it was that bad. So glad he's still round.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2024, 02:23 PM   #66
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, so close to him never attending his statue dedication on opening day of the new rink.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 03:07 PM   #67
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Punching through to China" is a medical term I've not heard before.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 03:07 PM   #68
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:
lanny

https://twitter.com/user/status/1770556574882218449
Old 03-20-2024, 03:15 PM   #69
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lanny McDonald is the nicest guy. Absolute class act.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 04:17 PM   #70
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

Man, that made me tear up.

I think it was my second ever game at the Saddledome when I met Lanny. It must have been the first year after they did the renovations, because I went with my dad and two of his friends and their young sons who were my age. We had 4 seats in the second tier, and then two seats in the "Chrysler Club". We all took turns sitting in the Chrysler Club and my Dad and I went down there for the 3rd period. As we were leaving after the game, we walked outside and Lanny was standing right outside the doors, and I went up to him and asked for an autograph. He had a bunch of pictures on him and he pulled one out and signed it for me and put my name on it, saying "See you in the NHL" (sorry Lanny, didn't even come close). The other kids I was with were pretty jealous when we met up with them afterwards and told them, and the feeling of being a young kid and meeting an Idol like that was pretty unreal thinking back on it now.

I can only imagine he's done the same for thousands of others. Glad to hear you're doing better Lanny... we're lucky to have you!
the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to the-rasta-masta For This Useful Post: