Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 10:46 PM   #8561
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

That lawsuit seems like an extreme long-shot, but it's an example of how ridiculous the court system is at times. The Texas Supreme court had already approved of this plan to have curb-side voting. Now the Republicans are trying to get it overturned via the federal courts instead, and have happened to draw one of the most partisan right-wing judges in the nation (according to left-leaning publications). But if this gets up to the supreme court, it would directly conflict with Kavanaugh's opinion in the Wisconsin ballot case, which was that the federal court could not overturn the will of the state. If there was any consistency to the conservative judges' rulings, they'd overrule any lower-court federal judge trying to overturn a state court's findings, but of course there's no guarantee the judges rule consistently here.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:58 PM   #8562
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry, I saw this was posted a few pages back by Mathgod. The thread moved pretty fast, so leaving it in case anyone else missed it.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 11-01-2020 at 12:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 12:00 AM   #8563
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
What does SOC stand for? I understand that you're talking about the Supreme Court, I'm just puzzled by the "O".

Good question ....I’ve no idea. It might just be me
Old 11-01-2020, 12:28 AM   #8564
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

The Burisma thing is really a nothing burger.

The CFC China Energy thing might be something? He did nothing illegal but could a President Biden be compromised by China in the future? It would depend if any documents come our later and if this Bobulinski guy is legit.

Old 11-01-2020, 01:07 AM   #8565
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
The Burisma thing is really a nothing burger.

The CFC China Energy thing might be something? He did nothing illegal but could a President Biden be compromised by China in the future? It would depend if any documents come our later and if this Bobulinski guy is legit.
This FBI investigation could have legs.... it's a little odd why Bobulinski waited until now, rather than months ago to come forward... still, this doesn't look good for anyone involved.

DOJ investigating Hunter Biden over money-laundering allegations

As part of the SinoHawk venture. Mr. Bobulinski has said he met twice, in May 2017, with former Vice President Biden. A former navy nuclear commander and now a wealthy investor, Bobulinski has also stated that an email from that same month, reportedly sent to him and Hunter Biden, stated that the younger Biden was preparing to carve out 10 percent of an estimated $10 million in CEFC financing for "the big guy," whom Bobulinski has said everyone on the email thread understood to refer to the former vice president.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:10 AM   #8566
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Fair enough, I felt like it was wrong even bringing up MMF, as my contention was more with urging a poster to go after another because of their view. Especially one who was banned for just that. If he is reformed then maybe suggesting his old style should be revisited to bully this guy isn't the right tone to set as a mod?
Relax and ease up on Jiri. It was a joke. I understood it as a joke and know where he was coming from. Being a mod is a very difficult job, especially when the trolls are coming out of the woodwork at a time like this. We should be celebrating the job they do, not jumping on every little comment they make as they try to hold the place together.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 01:16 AM   #8567
Biff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
This FBI investigation could have legs.... it's a little odd why Bobulinski waited until now, rather than months ago to come forward... still, this doesn't look good for anyone involved.

As part of the SinoHawk venture. Mr. Bobulinski has said he met twice, in May 2017, with former Vice President Biden. A former navy nuclear commander and now a wealthy investor, Bobulinski has also stated that an email from that same month, reportedly sent to him and Hunter Biden, stated that the younger Biden was preparing to carve out 10 percent of an estimated $10 million in CEFC financing for "the big guy," whom Bobulinski has said everyone on the email thread understood to refer to the former vice president.
Pro-tip: It doesn't have legs. Keep trying though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 01:28 AM   #8568
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Pro-tip: It doesn't have legs. Keep trying though.
There are earlier deals in Ukraine, China, Kazakhstan, and Romania when Joe Biden was Vice President where Hunter Biden acted as a bag man for his father. There's more to this story.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:32 AM   #8569
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There are earlier deals in Ukraine, China, Kazakhstan, and Romania when Joe Biden was Vice President where Hunter Biden acted as a bag man for his father. There's more to this story.
Evidence? did Tucker's dog eat it again?

21 years of tax returns available to the public

Vs.

Fighting in court to hide tax returns from public

MAny sides derp
Old 11-01-2020, 01:37 AM   #8570
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Evidence? did Tucker's dog eat it again?

21 years of tax returns available to the public

Vs.

Fighting in court to hide tax returns from public

MAny sides derp
Whatever man, this is all part of an ongoing FBI investigation... maybe it's nothing, maybe Hunter is guilty, maybe they all are... we'll find out soon.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:42 AM   #8571
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Your own article destroys what little argument you are trying to make.

"Bobulinski has said he felt it was his "patriotic duty" to come forward with what he knew and the evidence he had in hand. Asked this week why he did not fulfill this duty during the impeachment proceedings, when Hunter Biden's work in Ukraine was the subject of global attention, Bobulinski replied: "Great question...I didn't want to put my face out there. I didn't want to put my family at risk, where I now have, you know, ex-Navy SEALs guarding my family, my extended family....So this has weighed on me for years, once Joe Biden announced his candidacy for president of the United States and during the impeachment discussion."

The Biden campaign has not responded to repeated requests for comment.

Hunter Biden has never been formally accused of any wrongdoing."

The guy didn't come forward because he had nothing of value except to muddy the waters with unsubstantiated accusations. Like it is really bad when Fox News throws you under the bus and dismisses your claims.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hun...ered-questions

"Fox News has reviewed emails from Bobulinski related to the venture — and they don't show that the elder Biden had business dealings with SinoHawk Holdings, or took any payments from them or the Chinese. "

"Sources familiar with the matter told the Journal that Hunter and Jim Biden's joint venture never got funds from CEFC China Energy Co. ‒ of which Bobulinski was a partner ‒ and corporate records reviewed by the newspaper indicate Joe Biden had no role in the discussions."

If anyone has a shady past with the Chinese, it is Tony Bobulinski. The guy is up to his tits in it with Chinese interests and owes them a good chunk of money from lawsuits.

"Bobulinski is involved in two legal battles with a company he worked with in the past, China Branding Group Limited. The company sued Bobulinski in the Central District of California federal court in July 2020 in an effort to force Bobulinski to pay them $634,393.52 they say he owes as a result of a court judgement in the Cayman Islands."

So this whole case that you're running around concern-trolling with boils down to a NY Post (one of the least credible tabloids on the planet) article and the claims of a guy that Fox News summarily took apart and has dismissed as credible. The "evidence" he provided did not pass muster.

NSFW!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 01:26 AM   #8572
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let's not lose sight that it was GirlySports who floated this conspiracy theory first.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 01:30 AM   #8573
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really just want to go to sleep now and wake up on November 23.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:13 AM   #8574
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's absolutely hilarious that the MAGA crowd just buys into every conspiracy theory thrown their way. The accusations sound like the ravings of a lunatic. Any time you debunk them, the response is always; "we will have to wait and see".
Old 11-01-2020, 05:46 AM   #8575
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
I really just want to go to sleep now and wake up on November 23.
Right? Shadowlands babyyyy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 05:48 AM   #8576
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
It's absolutely hilarious that the MAGA crowd just buys into every conspiracy theory thrown their way. The accusations sound like the ravings of a lunatic. Any time you debunk them, the response is always; "we will have to wait and see".
In some cases it's not just the MAGAs. I've been seeing this crap show up in the progressive circles I run in.

Sort of how there's a weird political overlap of anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers on both extreme sides of the spectrum, so there is for the Burisma thing.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2020, 06:51 AM   #8577
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1322885591797796866
Old 11-01-2020, 07:49 AM   #8578
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the last Republican they endorsed was...Nixon.

Solid trend.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2020, 08:06 AM   #8579
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Let's not lose sight that it was GirlySports who floated this conspiracy theory first.
Conspiracy? I was just thinking that Biden stood on the debate stage and said he knows nothing and was involved in nothing. Which is fine if true. Again he did nothing illegal. But if he's involved, could China compromise him later? We all know how the Chinese govt operate.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:17 AM   #8580
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Conspiracy? I was just thinking that Biden stood on the debate stage and said he knows nothing and was involved in nothing. Which is fine if true. Again he did nothing illegal. But if he's involved, could China compromise him later? We all know how the Chinese govt operate.
Still just asking questions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread