Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #1061
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

I failed.

Insert Jizz in my pants. gif...

Last edited by GreatWhiteEbola; 12-29-2020 at 01:12 PM.
GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 02:21 PM   #1062
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

That RS6 is pretty close to my dream car... just need AWD, a roof rack, and hitch mounted bike rack. And about another 6" of clearance. Oh wait... that's close to a Subaru then. May as well get both then!!
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 03:21 PM   #1063
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Ongoing General Automotive Thread 2.0

It reminds me a little of those funky looking BMW Z3 coupes.

edit: maybe not. I think I misremembered what those BMWs looked like.

Last edited by Wormius; 12-29-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:22 PM   #1064
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm looking for a vehicle if anyone has anything for sale. I'm not too picky, but under $5000 and something like a Mazda 3, Honda Civic, or Toyota Corolla would be nice. Automatic transmission would be preferable but not a deal breaker. Please pm me if you have something or know of something for sale in Calgary. Thank you.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MegaErtz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 05:28 PM   #1065
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
That RS6 is pretty close to my dream car... just need AWD, a roof rack, and hitch mounted bike rack. And about another 6" of clearance. Oh wait... that's close to a Subaru then. May as well get both then!!
You just described an RSQ8...
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to you&me For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 05:54 PM   #1066
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
You just described an RSQ8...
Huh? I didn't see the words "glorified grocery hauler" anywhere in his post.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:05 PM   #1067
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Huh? I didn't see the words "glorified grocery hauler" anywhere in his post.
You must have missed the word "Subaru"

RS6 + 6" of ground clearance = RSQ8
Old 12-29-2020, 07:02 PM   #1068
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
RS6 + 6" of ground clearance = RSQ8
Sure, 6 inches of ground clearance, a few rounds against an ugly stick and a couple hundred pounds of suck. Wagons forever. SUVs never.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 07:27 PM   #1069
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSJ View Post
I know there is some wagon love here on CP.

Just delivered this 2021 RS6 Avant to a client yesterday i would say it's one of the first few to land in the country. (Hopefully i did the pics right and they show up)
Throbbing. Just absolutely throbbing.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:05 PM   #1070
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really really like the Audi but it would be real close with an E63 at the same price point for me.

An A6 S Line or S6 would blow the e400 wagon out of the water for looks.

Unfortunately it's just the stilted All Road or RS6 as the two wagon options.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #1071
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I got a 2 year old, base model, VW SportWagen that I think is pretty neat.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 08:24 PM   #1072
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaErtz View Post
I'm looking for a vehicle if anyone has anything for sale. I'm not too picky, but under $5000 and something like a Mazda 3, Honda Civic, or Toyota Corolla would be nice. Automatic transmission would be preferable but not a deal breaker. Please pm me if you have something or know of something for sale in Calgary. Thank you.

Mine is manual but I sent you the link
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:09 PM   #1073
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Sure, 6 inches of ground clearance, a few rounds against an ugly stick and a couple hundred pounds of suck. Wagons forever. SUVs never.
Looks are subjective and I don't see a meaningful difference in the "looks" of either the RS6 or RSQ8 - they both unfortunately fall victim to the current Audi (and broader) style trend of one-too-many-creases-and-angles.

Google tells me the RSQ8 curb weight is about 60kg heavier than the RS6, which in the scheme of car-to-SUV seems pretty minimal. Either the RSQ8 is a svelte SUV or the RS6 is a bit of a porker.

I've had wagons in the past (including an Imola Yellow B7 - I know you'd appreciate that ), but I just don't buy the online ra-ra-ing... It's even more dubious than the manual transmission enthusiast hype.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:22 PM   #1074
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Looks are subjective and I don't see a meaningful difference in the "looks" of either the RS6 or RSQ8 - they both unfortunately fall victim to the current Audi (and broader) style trend of one-too-many-creases-and-angles.

Google tells me the RSQ8 curb weight is about 60kg heavier than the RS6, which in the scheme of car-to-SUV seems pretty minimal. Either the RSQ8 is a svelte SUV or the RS6 is a bit of a porker.

I've had wagons in the past (including an Imola Yellow B7 - I know you'd appreciate that ), but I just don't buy the online ra-ra-ing... It's even more dubious than the manual transmission enthusiast hype.
Did you wake up this morning, and think to yourself?
"I'm going to be as blatantly wrong, as one can be. "

Cuz you nailed it mate.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 09:36 PM   #1075
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Yah well I sure enjoyed my previous 2007 Ford Focus Wagon (ZTW model no less) so it doesn't take much to impress me. I'll take the RS6 any day man, especially if I won it. But yeah, an additional few inches of ground clearance and roof rack are essential in my life.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:39 PM   #1076
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Either the RSQ8 is a svelte SUV or the RS6 is a bit of a porker.
It's the latter. I like the new RS6 a lot, but 5000 lbs is fairly ridiculous. The B7 RS4 was 3600.
Quote:
What... what language is this? These words don't make any sense in that order. Are you doing okay? Should we call someone?
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 10:53 PM   #1077
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Audi needs to bring over the entire Avant lineup, not just the RS6. A4, S4, RS4, A6, S6, bring them all! Death to Crossovers!
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2020, 10:21 AM   #1078
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
It's the latter. I like the new RS6 a lot, but 5000 lbs is fairly ridiculous. The B7 RS4 was 3600.

What... what language is this? These words don't make any sense in that order. Are you doing okay? Should we call someone?
Hahaha, thanks for your concern.

I'm fine, but I'm just being honest - a manual transmission has its place in a car enthusiast's world, but the reality is that place is a smaller niche than the online cheerleaders would indicate (or admit). To be fair, it's not as pervasive in this thread as some of the automotive forums I'm on, but it's still a curiously persistent chant by the 'enthusiasts' that simply doesn't lineup with reality.

Case in point - when the new Bronco was first hinted at, there was a healthy dose of "it better come with a manual" or "I'll only buy it if I can shift gears" in all of the forums. Fast forward to when the order books are open and... nada. It varies from dealer to dealer, but manual orders are consistently well under 10%... Sure, you can't get it with the V6 and you might say that means Ford isn't really catering to the actual enthusiasts, but then there's Porsche - For the second 911 generation in a row, the vocal online enthusiasts have made enough noise to have Porsche acquiesce and add a manual offering... After an initial run up, all indications are it will work out the same for the 992 as it did for the 991 - minimal sales that simply don't match the volume (noise; not size) of demand and don't justify the R&D for Porsche... The same happens with wagons...

At least with the wagons, there are markets with legitimate and sufficient demand and I see less of an issue from a manufacturers standpoint of at least making the wagon models available, even if on an order-only basis for dealers.

That's not to say that there isn't a legitimate level of demand for manual cars (and wagons), but for every true and honest enthusiast that's actually willing to put their money where their mouth is, there seems to be 5 more that pile on simply because they think it boosts their "car guy cred", and that gets annoying.

In my opinion, a manual transmission has its place in the automotive timeline, but we're right near the end of relevance in new cars. There was a time when a manual was a simple part of a simple system, but now it's more often a simple part of a complex system that simply doesn't integrate well.

Give me a manual in an E39, or even E60 M5, but I'll take the new one with the auto.

Manual transmission in a 930, or 964, or 993 - yes please, but I'll take PDK in a 992.

My F355 or 360 would be a stick, but I'm sure I'd be fine if my Roma had paddles.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #1079
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I got a 2 year old, base model, VW SportWagen that I think is pretty neat.
How are you enjoying it so far? That's one of the vehicles on our current list of options. I drove one for about a week when my truck was in for repairs and enjoyed it, but a week isn't really enough time to get a true like/dislike feel for it.

I have a feeling we might land in a Tiguan just for the height/clearance, but I reaaaalllyyyy want a wagon haha.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:50 AM   #1080
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hey guys,
we have a check engine light on for an issue related to the oil pressure sensor on our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. By looking at youtube and doing some research, this is beyond our capability as people capable of doing basic things to our own vehicles.

Anyway, is there someone CP trusts to take our Jeep to? Or do we have any mechanics who are willing to take this kind of thing on? I would love to get it fixed by someone I can trust and I am not 100% I can trust reviews on the internet for local businesses.

Thanks CP!