Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default The Following

Anyone else watching this right now? Kinda good.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
totti_07
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

yeah my dad was watching so I sat down with him. Looks super interesting
totti_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

DVR'd it. Will watch tomorrow.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was actually quite good, pretty much what I had hoped for. Maybe a tad unrealistic, but the acting was great (the two leads especially), and the production values were quite high. They sure jammed a lot of occurrences into the premiere though.

Also as a fan of Edgar Allen Poe I liked how they tried to work that into it, and hope they don't cut that off after what happened at the end. Hopefully they can find the best way to serialize the show, as it if it goes the direction of Criminal Minds or Alcatraz (one off procedurals) I won't keep watching.

Spoiler!
trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

There are pros and cons for sure. I'll give it 6 episodes and decide then.

As mentioned, a couple unrealistic parts. Some of the clues/tie-ins were painfully obvious too, don't know why they needed to bring in an expert.

But that may have just been needed to get the premiere to the ending they needed to set up the show. Which does have a very interesting premise. Won't get into those pros as that would be spoilers of course.

Hopefully as the show settles into a groove they can make the plot more realistic and not make the clues so obvious. Just better plot unraveling in general.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
boosterjuice
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I didn't like it.
boosterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched it today. I liked it, mostly. Will watch for a while yet, see how it goes.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Anything with James Purefoy in it is worth watching. Most underrated actor out there.

Last edited by Azure; 01-28-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Anything with James Purefoy in it is worth watching. More underrated actor out there.
Agreed, 100%.....thought Purefoy was quite good at projecting menace and he & Kevin Bacon had a real chemistry together.

It's an interesting premise altho like many above I do agree there were some obvious moments. I'm hoping they manage to keep the quality up tho and the show gets better instead of falling off.
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
It was actually quite good, pretty much what I had hoped for. Maybe a tad unrealistic, but the acting was great (the two leads especially), and the production values were quite high.
I'll give it a few more episodes, but I didn't think it was very good. Also thought Bacon was a little laughable at some points. There was one scene where he over-acted quite a bit and I actually burst out laughing.

Dunno...maybe it was just me, but I didn't think the acting was that strong.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #11
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Even with the knowledge he had a key, knew the blueprints of the house, and was dressed like a cop, I still hope we don't have to many more scenes with the killer conveniently appearing behind someone.

Have had way to much of that in the series so far.

Love all the late nineties early 2000's goth metal music though. Does anyone know who did that remake of Massive Attack's Angel at the end of the second episode? Sounded a little bit like Jeff Martin, but I'm almost certain it wasn't him.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #12
jeep991
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I've enjoyed the first two episodes but I just hate it when characters walk into a house and don't turn on the lights. There can't be any advantage for Kevin Bacon when he has just knocked down the back door with a crowbar loud enough that iceman could here it at the front of the house.
jeep991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #13
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of weird plot "holes" and bad acting, but it definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat! Will give it a few more episodes before being too creeped out.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #14
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't take this show seriously... They are trying, but it's too far fetched. Too many conveniences are going to be taken in order to connect the dots plots. I'm going to give it a few more episodes but if this show succeeds I think it will say a lot about Americas love affair with serial killing.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always love when people pick apart a show so much. It's entertainment and nothing more, if you are still watching then it's doing it's job.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #16
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by return to the red View Post
I always love when people pick apart a show so much. It's entertainment and nothing more, if you are still watching then it's doing it's job.
Actually, when you start to pick apart movies and TV, sorting the good from the bad, you learn a lot about the entertainment industry and how to build successful shows. I started getting serious about it years ago because I am in the industry and it's important to me and you learn so much more from a horrible show than from a great show because of the flaws. One of my favorite horrible movies is "The Room", but only people who really love this medium can sit through it. Plan 9 From Outer-space is another good one. I can understand why you would feel that way, but understand too that some people actually do it for a good reason.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #17
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Be Quite Honest View Post
Actually, when you start to pick apart movies and TV, sorting the good from the bad, you learn a lot about the entertainment industry and how to build successful shows. I started getting serious about it years ago because I am in the industry and it's important to me and you learn so much more from a horrible show than from a great show because of the flaws. One of my favorite horrible movies is "The Room", but only people who really love this medium can sit through it. Plan 9 From Outer-space is another good one. I can understand why you would feel that way, but understand too that some people actually do it for a good reason.

Tommy Wiseau is a genius, The Room is the best movie ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4KzClb1C4

I have really enjoyed the show so far, its edgy and watching Bacon is fun but I'm not sure if it can keep it going over the long haul

Last edited by Iceman57; 02-02-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #18
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
Love all the late nineties early 2000's goth metal music though. Does anyone know who did that remake of Massive Attack's Angel at the end of the second episode? Sounded a little bit like Jeff Martin, but I'm almost certain it wasn't him.
Yeah, I am enjoying the music being played in a mainstream show. Too bad it's a decade late. Great use of that Deftones song in the scene with the one "follower" and her mother. She should have dropped an Arnie-like "Dinner is served" after that too.
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #19
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's pretty good but I just hope it isn't going to go on for too long otherwise it would just be season after season of criminal minds but always the same episode. Not sure how much longer I want to watch some burn out FBI agent getting skull f****d by some cult.

And how the hell do they not suspect EVERYONE at this point being involved in some way? Last night, that doods wife, they should have watching her like a hawk. No reason to not suspect the main bad guys wife either at this point.

I'll give it a couple more shows but if it's more of the same, I'll lose interest.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #20
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't watched it yet, but for those interested, it's available to watch for free in HD and SD on Shaw On Demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote