Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #81
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
If that bothers you as much as it does, hopefully you and your easily wounded sensibilities stay away from actual Flames games:

NSFW!

That is, if you haven't already written the Flames strongly worded letters about that.
I agree with the rest of your post, but it should be pointed out that the Flames did redesign the Ice Crew's uniforms 2 or 3 seasons ago due to feedback from fans who thought that the low-cut tops and high-cut skirts were too objectifying. Now, they wear long pants and jersey-style shirts.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:47 PM   #82
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't agree with having to put PGT gifs in a NSFW tag. Half the fun of a winning PGT is being able to easily scroll through all the fun gifs and pics. It would be so annoying to have to keep clicking the NSFW tag every second post.

The entire PGT, especially after a win, is NSFW and I never read the PGT at work because I know what is going on in there.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:47 PM   #83
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I agree with the rest of your post, but it should be pointed out that the Flames did redesign the Ice Crew's uniforms 2 or 3 seasons ago due to feedback from fans who thought that the low-cut tops and high-cut skirts were too objectifying. Now, they wear long pants and jersey-style shirts.

Fair enough... but I think the point still stands.

And I'm glad they're there and think they do a great job.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:55 PM   #84
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

So what I’ve taken from this thread. People don’t want to get busted surfing CP at work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2017, 06:40 PM   #85
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why is there the standard for what would your boss think if he saw This?

Your at work. You should be working not ducking around on cp. I get you may have a lunch break and want to look just use your phone's then .

If I was the boss in an office environment and caught you using the company's computers that is unrelated work I would be pissed.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:44 PM   #86
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

I think it is funny they choose to have them wear yoga style pants .

They are slightly sheer and hug every curve. It was a lateral move at best. They are the worst choice of pants if your trying to his the female form.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #87
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
I think it is funny they choose to have them wear yoga style pants .

They are slightly sheer and hug every curve. It was a lateral move at best. They are the worst choice of pants if your trying to his the female form.
If they're trying to his the female form they'd probably give them sweat pants or something.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:51 PM   #88
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
You're talking about a completely different issue. The problem isn't cleavage, we see that everyday.

First, it's NSFW. Literally a concept used all over the internet. Don't post something that you wouldn't want your boss to see or anyone who would be passing your screen.

Secondly, would you post a picture of your mom in a bikini or half dressed outfit in an unrelated thread about a Flames win? I'm sure your loved ones do wear that type of clothing and that's totally fine. Objectifying them isn't.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the issues you are fabricating. Children being sent home from school for dressing provocatively is bad but that's not what we are discussing and a totally different topic.
Except my mom or sister are not paid to be half dressed like most the girls in the gifs.

They are professional models/ singers/actors in clips like what strykersteve/ girlysports post.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:56 PM   #89
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Maybe the mods could answer this, but is there a flag in the forum software that a user can at least select so images aren't displayed at all? I mean, from a data use perspective alone Tapatalk is one of the biggest sinks of mobile data, and I assume its because of the images in general.
Not in this software no.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:00 PM   #90
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
Just stop with gifs in general (The star trek one, Clint Eastwood one)
I was gonna stay out of this but as one of the PROUD offenders of the Clint and ST gifs (among a billion others) I have to call this preposterous. There's a long history behind the gifs you see all the time. The moonwalking pony, the nodding gifs, the various Fandom ones (Love the Doctor Who gifs) have all been posted for many years after a win. This isn't some sudden influx, it's all the usual suspects busting out the usual gifs.They are silly fun to express the good times feeling that ensue when the boys bring home another Big Dub.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #91
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 11-07-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:15 PM   #92
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sigh lol nevermind.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #93
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 11-07-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #94
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Thanks bud. Not all gifs are offensive. And I would love if all irrelevant gifs were banned from PGT. And all the stupid car pics in the GT as well.
I would love if all calgaryblood posts were banned from the GT. Like they were all those other times.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 10:36 AM   #95
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anything we need a way to somehow block this thread's tab name. "Celebratory Soft Pronography" shows in my taskbar for my coworkers to see. That's way more offensive then SS's gifs or GirlySports' stuff.

If the solution to all this bickering is to just put everything in NSFW tags, then done deal and there is no reason everyone shouldn't have to do it if that is what the mods want. I post long weirdass gifs after wins all the time and I've had people tell me to please tag it so it doesn't bog down their phone/computer. No problem. Haven't had any 'complaints' since.

Personally I don't mind the extra click to open a spoiler/nsfw tag. It is literally an extra 0.25 seconds to navigate your mouse to the button and to click it. Total extra time reading time added to the thread=all of 10 seconds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 10:42 AM   #96
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

nmd.

Last edited by Matata; 11-15-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #97
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

On huntingwhale's suggestion I have gone ahead and changed the thread title to something less sensational.

Matata raised this question in the now closed Flames/Blues PGT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
What images/GIFs can or can not be posted is a hot topic issue on the forum and is worth discussing. The GIF seemed to check all the boxes of an acceptable image, so it is unusual to see it removed.
We are consulting with Bingo, and expect to provide a STICKIED notice which will hopefully comprehensively address the situation.

For a long time now Moderators have been fielding numerous complaints from many posters in the PGT with regards to GIFs that are posted there. This has resulted in our insistence that anything that might be perceived as explicit be set behind NSFW tags. Moreover, we continue to field complaints about inappropriate, sexist, lewd comments or jokes that invariably appear in the PGT—such posts and comments have driven numerous posters off the FOI forum altogether. We take these issues seriously and are working to ensure that this is a safe environment that encourages the participation of everyone who wishes to be a part of this community.

Stryker Steve responded to the recent crackdown—which stemmed from specific complaints about specifically his PGT GIF—with a very good natured, funny and self-deprecating replacement. The second of these was likewise good natured and fun, but within several pages elicited a number of inappropriate and creepy responses—absolutely the kind of thing the Moderators DO NOT WISH TO PROMOTE on this forum. We made the decision to remove the GIF in an effort to ensure that these sorts of responses would not continue into the future.

Our policy with regards to images and video remains the same: It must be PG, and that extends to include anything that might be construed as sexually explicit or even suggestive. We acknowledge that it is a slippery slope, because this means different things to different people. But to put this in perspective, one of my offices is housed in a Seminary—even content that I personally don't give a second thought towards can be controversial in such a setting. So, we would ask that everyone exercise due caution before posting, but by far the simplest way to proceed is to stick to discussing the game, the players, the coaches, your experiences while watching, etc.—but to do so respectfully. Don't talk about other posters. Don't talk about their wives. If you see posters whose behaviour is out of line, then report them. Don't complain openly about how you believe the moderators ought to be doing their job that they do for free; PM the Mod account. Have fun, but be aware that in a community of literally thousands of members there is often a very blurred line between what is funny and what is embarrassing or offensive.

This honestly should not be so difficult. If a poster's enjoyment of a PGT or this site in general is being impugned upon by prohibitions against lewd, illicit or even moderately explicit material, then this is probably not the place for him. CalgaryPuck is not Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 11-15-2017 at 09:08 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #98
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post

Stryker Steve responded to the recent crackdown—which stemmed from specific complaints about specifically his PGT GIF—with a very good natured, funny and self-deprecating replacement. The second of these was likewise good natured and fun, but within several pages elicited a number of inappropriate and creepy responses—absolutely the kind of thing the Moderators DO NOT WISH TO PROMOTE on this forum. We made the decision to remove the GIF in an effort to ensure that these sorts of responses would not continue into the future.
Thank you.

Your response was so much more informative than the original one Kevanman gave to my post asking why it had been removed.

Knowledge is power, and I had no knowledge of the creepy twist that innocent joke created.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #99
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Fair enough... but I think the point still stands.

And I'm glad they're there and think they do a great job.
How does your point still stand? That post literally demolished your point, did it not?
Old 11-16-2017, 09:11 AM   #100
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
It's possible I missed some of the comments if they were deleted or didn't see them but I thought "the number of inappropriate and creepy responses" were from one single poster. Was that not the case?
Closed Thread