Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-06-2019, 07:08 AM   #1001
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
I'd take all the underdogs easily. Especially Montreal, the Riders are not good enough to be favorites on the road against any non-basement team.
If Montreal was starting any other QB I may agree with you but Antonio Pipkin = guaranteed loss. He's probably the worst QB in the league and he's starting for this one.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #1002
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

No one on the Bombers side of fandom brought up rest versus a bye week against Hamilton as an excuse. Bombers had a short week of 6 days and the cats had a bye... who cares. Good teams overcome adversity... I don't see the schedule as any excuse for Calgary not to win vs Winnipeg who are struggling mightily right now.

Last edited by White Out 403; 08-06-2019 at 07:29 AM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #1003
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
No one on the Bombers side of fandom brought up rest versus a bye week against Hamilton as an excuse. Bombers had a short week of 6 days and the cats had a bye... who cares. Good teams overcome adversity... I don't see the schedule as any excuse for Calgary not to win vs Winnipeg who are struggling mightily right now.
So you're saying Winnipeg isn't a good team since they didn't overcome adversity?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #1004
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
So you're saying Winnipeg isn't a good team since they didn't overcome adversity?
It's possible
Old 08-06-2019, 09:21 AM   #1005
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It’s not an excuse, it’s simply an advantage for Winnipeg. That’s rather indisputable really.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 09:43 AM   #1006
old-fart
Franchise Player

Exp:

This season is really a good indication of the state of the CFL. Virtually every game is garbage football. The Stamps have been pretty horrible all season, and yet sit in their comfortable position of first in the west (tied with the Bumblers) despite losing a significant chunk of their roster in the offseason, and suffering an ungodly amount of injuries so far.

Sadly, the quality of football this season is really bad across the league.
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #1007
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I care because it matters. If you know anything about football you would know that even a single extra day for players to rest is huge. Really the Bombers have no excuses if they lose because they had two more days rest/practice and they are playing an injury depleted Stamps team starting their backup QB. If they don't win this game then you can probably start panicking because they will never get the Stamps at a more opportune time.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #1008
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I care because it matters. If you know anything about football you would know that even a single extra day for players to rest is huge. Really the Bombers have no excuses if they lose because they had two more days rest/practice and they are playing an injury depleted Stamps team starting their backup QB. If they don't win this game then you can probably start panicking because they will never get the Stamps at a more opportune time.
Sweet. Good news for us Bomber fans, we can write off the loss to Hamilton. Thanks for that piece of mind.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:20 AM   #1009
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe if Massoli didn’t miss most of the game, but as it were it was a choke job.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #1010
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1158791323446439936

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #1011
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sweet. Good news for us Bomber fans, we can write off the loss to Hamilton. Thanks for that piece of mind.
You might need some more pieces before you can actually find some peace of mind.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #1012
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You should quickly zip over to bombers-r-us.com and tell them all about how us delusional Stamps fans are already making "excuses" for the Stamps in case we lose to the bombers this weekend.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #1013
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
You should quickly zip over to bombers-r-us.com and tell them all about how us delusional Stamps fans are already making "excuses" for the Stamps in case we lose to the bombers this weekend.
I can say it here. That's exactly what's happening. It's so strange seeing fans of such an epic franchise be so soft on their own team going into a game against a struggling team.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #1014
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently missing half your roster to injury (including the QB) less than 2 months after turning over the other half due to free agency, and playing on 5 days rest is "making excuses" now.

It's not excuses. It's reality.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:47 PM   #1015
fireguyfire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I couldn’t agree more; I couldn’t be happier with where this team is considering how devastated they are by departures and injuries.
They’ve positioned themselves well no matter what happens over the next couple of games; if this team starts getting healthy and then starts to gel late in September they could be a handful.

Recognizing how depleted they are is not making excuses, it’s acknowledging reality; and again I am extremely pleasantly surprised at wheee they are considering that reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fireguyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #1016
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Isn't it possible the team is better off with some of the injuries, not necessarily all of course?

BLM lost to Ottawa week 1 and sorta looked mediocre. Arbuckle is ranked #1 or 2 in QB efficiency (haven't fact checked that claim I heard on TSN). The teams backups are playing at a high level.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #1017
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can say it here. That's exactly what's happening. It's so strange seeing fans of such an epic franchise be so soft on their own team going into a game against a struggling team.
Playing at home with more time to prepare is an advantage. The Stamps have been in that situation before and benefited from it.

Seems kind of insecure that you can’t acknowledge the obvious.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:57 PM   #1018
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

So in non-Bombers related news, Alex Singleton looks like he's impressing at Eagles camp. Recent injuries have also given him more reps, which always helps: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/alex...-20190806.html

I've read that Marken Michel will be in tough to crack the Eagles roster, but it looks like he has impressed with his speed: https://www.pennlive.com/philadelphi...ning-camp.html

According to this link, Jameer Thurman and James Vaughters might be on the outside looking in at Bears camp: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/7/...jecting-roster
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 01:04 PM   #1019
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Singleton seems like a really likeable guy. Awesome to see him succeed.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:22 PM   #1020
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1158819647862370304
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote