Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2020, 07:50 PM   #1
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Boeser Bows Out, Begins Bon Adventure

Brock Boeser finally lives his dream of a move to Montreal. After years of muttering in a French/English hybrid language, and forcing Jason Dickenson to wear a beret, Brock is heading to Montreal to ply his trade for the Les Habitants.

To Montreal
Brock Boeser
Tommy Novak AHL
Danil Yurtaykin AHL
Mitch Reinke AHL

To Los Angeles
Brendan Gallagher
Lucas Wallmark
Scott Harrington
Dmytro Timoshov AHL

For the Kings, Gallagher takes the place of Boeser on the right side. He may be playing in his prime right now (unlike Brock who has room to grow), but he fits the needs of the team perfectly, for the next couple of years.

The fourth line center position is solidified by Wallmark, who plays much like a Lars Eller Jr, and hopefully follows the same career path. Scott Harrington will eat popcorn until needed on defense.

The team has finished building the defensive juggernaut that will be incredibly boring to watch, alienating fans across the globe. Ready for the season to begin!
Old 09-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm struggling a bit with the value exchanged.

Boeser is 23 years old, Gallagher is 27.
Boeser is 72 OVR, Gallagher is 71 OVR.

That's a decently large gap slanted in Boeser's favor.

The guys to even up the gap are Harrington who is a 5/6 dman and Ullmark who is a 3rd line guy.

And Novak going to the Habs is worth something...no idea why he was included in the deal.

Maybe I'm missing something but seems like the deal value wise is rather slanted towards the Habs?
simmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simmer2 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2020, 11:50 AM   #3
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

From the beginning, this board valued Boeser more than I did. And that's fine, but when I upped my 'ask' for him there were no takers, and he was someone that I was willing to move, for a price above what the original trade that I made in the first week here was.

That vetoed trade was an A prospect, a B prospect, and a first. It needed to be more than that.

The original trade that brought him to the Kings was 8th overall and a second, so that was the minimum value I would look for.

The way that this trade broke down, for me, is that it filled my roster completely for play this year. I had weaknesses in fourth line centre and seventh defenceman, that I was willing to take instead of draft capital. To me, Wallmark was worth a 2nd at least (I think that he has potential), so I just had to find the equivalent to 8th overall to make the trade. Gallagher is 27 years old, and should maintain his quality of gameplay for at least three more years. I think Gallagher is worth a high first.

The prospect capital was traded for Timoshov, whom I like as a person and am cheering for to succeed in Detroit. So I will enjoy having him on the team. The other player is Harrington, who is an upgrade on my 7th defenseman. I've had the three prospects on the trade board for a while, and there were no takers, so I'm happy with the swap.

So for value, what I had to work with was, does :

8th overall + 2nd round pick
equal
Gallagher + Wallmark....

and that is the breakdown.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:40 PM   #4
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Boeser for the 8th overall pick was viewed as a steal for LA at the time.

And Gallagher is worth less than 8th overall. Wallmark for a 2nd is about even, but I’d say Gallagher would be worth a pick around 15th overall
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:40 PM   #5
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I wasn't here for that.

It sounds like it cost me a first round pick to get Boeser off my team. We're better off without the bum, and look forward to moving from his off-ice distractions and constant talk of pyramid marketing schemes.

We all have enough lip chap and protein powder, Brock.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just my opinion, but I don't like using what guys were traded for as a gauge for value.

If I did that, I would never move Provorov because of the price I paid for him.

Things like perceived value, advanced stats, contract, age and their actual ratings are typically what I use. But I'm a nerd haha.

Either way, I think it's great how active you have been and you aren't afraid to make deals.

I personally don't think the value is there in this deal, but it sounds like Boeser was causing significant dressing room issues so maybe it is addition by subtraction...
simmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:14 PM   #7
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Luckily, Brock only managed to convert one teammate to his Louisiana Snake Cult. "Once you've been nipped by a widehead timber rattlesnake, injuries fade away like the dream of a summer meadow in February.", he would say.

Marc Boroweicki's durability rating has fallen 16 points, to a hearty 72.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:56 AM   #8
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

For us I like Boeser and the fact that he plays with Petersson. However his injuries are starting to pile up at an early age and that worries me; whereas Gallagher is more of a sure thing. He is a 30 goal scorer and still has another RFA contract to sign after this one. Obviously I’m banking on Brock to get through a season without getting hurt.

The nail was hit on the head with the Eller to Wallmark comparison because I see them as a great comparison. Both are very good defensive centres who can provide some secondary scoring. The prospect side of things was more of the kings wanting to ditch them and add depth in Harrington and Timoshov that me wanting to add them. I am also routing for Timo since he publicly told Babcock to shove it.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:03 AM   #9
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

For us I like Boeser and the fact that he plays with Petersson. However his injuries are starting to pile up at an early age and that worries me; whereas Gallagher is more of a sure thing. He is a 30 goal scorer and still has another RFA contract to sign after this one. Obviously I’m banking on Brock to get through a season without getting hurt.

The nail was hit on the head with the Eller to Wallmark comparison because I see them as a great comparison. Both are very good defensive centres who can provide some secondary scoring. The prospect side of things was more of the kings wanting to ditch them and add depth in Harrington and Timoshov that me wanting to add them. I am also routing for Timo since he publicly told Babcock to shove it.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote