Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #41
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Thats what I mean. If you're going to use 2 right handed shots on the 3rd pairing, why not just keep Andersson here.

They don't want that, so Prout would step in for Stone and Valimaki stays put. (in a situation where they want Prout in the line up for punchin')

I did a crappy job of trying to say that sorry.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #42
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get having Stone on the team. Experienced safe pair of hands.

But for a guy that size and the lack of offense and skating, you would like to see just a little snarl. He doesn’t have to fight but maybe some shoves after a whistle, some brute force in front of the net, etc would be nice. Especially when the rest of the team had little push back aside from Hamonic trying to commit seppuku.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:33 AM   #43
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
See, this is what gets you in trouble. You seem to only know how to speak in absolutes. Is this your opinion, or do you have a direct line to Bill Peters and know this?
I get in trouble? Maybe to you it seems I do.

And yes, this is my opinion. I figured it unnecessary to specify that part -- I figured it obvious that it was so.

Valimaki - Prout would also likely be a terrible pairing. You put Prout with hanifin, imo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #44
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
If Stone had been traded, Prout would have been in and he would have handled Gudbranson better and Hamonic wouldn’t have a broken jaw.

I don’t know what positive that Stone brought tonight that Prout wouldn’t have. Just because Stone makes 3 times more money doesn’t mean that he is 3 times better than Prout. With the top 4 the Flames have and a stud rookie like Valimaki, they can take a minor downgrade from Stone to Prout if it means keeping your core players safe.
The correct answer is score on the power play.
If the Flames open the scoring on that man advantage, my guess is that fight never happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #45
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

It doesn't matter who gets paired with Prout. Prout won't get any ice time .. the Flames go with 5 d-men.

They could dress Prout instead of Frolik if the Flames feel the need for the 10 minutes that Stone and ??? provide.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #46
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1047909552979492864

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:11 PM   #47
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well this season is off to a roaring start.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:16 PM   #48
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really don't think he comes back on the ice at all with a broken jaw. He wouldn't even be able to open his mouth for his mouthguard, or talk, with that, at least the ones I've seen.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #49
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I really don't think he comes back on the ice at all with a broken jaw. He wouldn't even be able to open his mouth for his mouthguard, or talk, with that, at least the ones I've seen.
Not necessarily true. I had this happen, same way, and was mostly fine. But it was 100% broken. Reacted the same way he did, I’m positive it’s broken. Most likely up by where it hinges, and probably won’t need to be wired shut.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #50
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I have seen guys lay through broken jaws before with relative routine.

It is the next day it becomes a major problem, not when the adrenaline is pumping and the swelling hasn't gotten bad yet.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #51
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I decided to check on how the legend of Prout came into being. His major fighting credits is that he stood in like George Chuvalo and took all the Lucic had to offer and then he fought Gudbranson Feb 23, 2016 and looked to be as good a heavy weight as Hamonic but did not get tagged on the jaw at the end.

Prout will not dress... If the Flames feel intimidated Pelleso will be the first call up.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:28 PM   #52
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

To me it also looked like he smacked his head on the ice after the last punch. Hopefully I just saw it wrong, or the helmet did it's job. But it looked pretty scary for a second.

God bless Hamonic for stepping in. You can't question the guy's heart. It was in the right place. But sadly that seemed to set the tone for the Canucks all game long.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #53
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I have seen guys lay through broken jaws before with relative routine.

It is the next day it becomes a major problem, not when the adrenaline is pumping and the swelling hasn't gotten bad yet.
That's nothing. You should see what I used to lay through back in the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #54
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Did anyone else notice how that fight ended?

Maybe I imagined t. But it appeared as though Gudbranson was complaining that his helmet was still on after he landed a couple off the bucket. Hamonic reaches up to undo his chinstrap and pow, final punch is landed at the same time. Really didn’t like that.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:36 PM   #55
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1047916775243898881

That is an ugly, ugly defensive lineup.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:38 PM   #56
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Did anyone else notice how that fight ended?

Maybe I imagined t. But it appeared as though Gudbranson was complaining that his helmet was still on after he landed a couple off the bucket. Hamonic reaches up to undo his chinstrap and pow, final punch is landed at the same time. Really didn’t like that.
Gudbranson wasn't complaining. You aren't allowed removing helmets during fights anymore. Hamonic was injured before the last punch.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:39 PM   #57
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1047916775243898881

That is an ugly, ugly defensive lineup.
To me that shows that Hamonic is just taking a maintenance day. If he was off for any duration, Stone would have stepped up and practiced on the second pairing. Prout is just a warm body filling in (I Hope).
Old 10-04-2018, 12:41 PM   #58
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
To me that shows that Hamonic is just taking a maintenance day. If he was off for any duration, Stone would have stepped up and practiced on the second pairing. Prout is just a warm body filling in (I Hope).
Yup, those practice lines suggest the Flames think that Hamonic will be back in the lineup.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #59
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
Let's hope so.

Prout can't realistically be on the 2nd pairing for any extended period of time. Would be wiser to call up Andersson.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2018, 12:53 PM   #60
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Let's hope so.

Prout can't realistically be on the 2nd pairing for any extended period of time. Would be wiser to call up Andersson.
That's another possibility. Prout could have been a placeholder for Andersson today.