Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default BluRay or TV issue

I have an issue with my Blu-Ray player... or maybe my TV. I'm not entirely certain, and I can't figure out how to replicate the problem. It is random, and doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes the problem doesn't happen for more than a week, then it will happen a couple of times in one day.

So what happens? When watching a Blu-Ray or a DVD, the player will just shut off. A message quickly flashes on that says something about sleep mode timer activated. Meaning the player thinks no activity was happening so it goes to sleep. I have disabled that feature, but it still happens. I have also upgraded to the latest firmware.

So, why might I think it could be a TV issue? Because sometimes, although not as often as the BluRay player issue, the TV will just shut off and then turn itself back on. I have also updated the firmware on the TV.

While I have updated the firmware for both devices, nothing in the release notes suggest that any upgrades would fix such problems, let alone that such problems existed.

When I do google searching I can't seem to narrow it down to find people who have the same problem. I do find one similar problem for the blu-ray player but there was no solutions given.

The TV is a 46" Philips LCD model number 46PFL5706/F7
and the Blu-Ray player is a Panasonic Home Theatre in A Box, model number SCBTT190K.

Anybody experience anything similar?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lame answer, but the unit sounds toast (esp if you've updated the firmware etc.)

Have you tried rolling back to factory default firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Lame answer, but the unit sounds toast (esp if you've updated the firmware etc.)

Have you tried rolling back to factory default firmware?
Which unit would be toast? The TV or the Blu-Ray player?

I haven't gone back to default firmware. I only upgraded firmware because of the problems. However, come to think of it, I may not have upgraded the firmware on the Blu-Ray player because it can only be done via network, and I don't have a long enough cable, nor the inclination to move the player close enough to my router for network connectivity.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote