Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2022, 06:42 PM   #21
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2022, 07:47 PM   #22
The Fisher Account
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Had a Brinks guy come by as well.

I got the feeling he was more interested in staking out my house than selling me a system. He was asking where all my camera were and how much money he made.. super sketchy.

If my crappy Telus doorbell cam had been working, I wouldn’t have answered the door LOL
The Fisher Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:07 PM   #23
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who answers an unknown knock at the door?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2022, 09:14 PM   #24
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Door to door home security sales is super sketchy, even if it’s legit. Coming to my house and asking me what I have for home security….yeah, beat it.

Although I would say I deal with them like I do most door to door people (if I somehow don’t avoid answering the door), with ‘aggressive friendliness’.

“Not interested, but thanks very much, and have a great night!” as I don’t let them respond and close the door on their face. At least for the ones that want to keep pushing their luck after the first polite no.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:28 PM   #25
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

For the record, we pretty much never answer the door, and I always peek out the window to see who it is, but these wankers had impeccable timing as we just had guests leave so we thought they forgot something and answered the door without peeking.

I couldn't believe how long I let this guy ramble for. I was oddly fascinated how he could keep up the high energy sleaze pitch. Then I thought I entered the twilight zone, because I think he actually went full circle and started the whole thing from the beginning again without skipping a beat. That's when I put a stop to it.

My favorite is the "3 of your neighbors have already signed up for this deal" The roofers say the same thing when they go around in the spring.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:31 PM   #26
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's part of my "security system" in my house. If the doorbell rings and its no one we know. We will never open the door. That's aways been the rule for all of us, specially when its just the wife and kids home. The 90lb dog trying to break through the door when the doorbell ring usually scampers them off pretty quickly anyways. Also a part of our "security system".
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 12:21 PM   #27
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post

My favorite is the "3 of your neighbors have already signed up for this deal" The roofers say the same thing when they go around in the spring.
And THAT is where you call them out on their BS.

Told the last guy I know my neighbour so let's go knock on their door and confirm your claim. They somewhat slinked off after that.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote