Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-30-2021, 09:49 AM   #81
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Do you need 1 or 2 from that list?

I would chose Scott for sure since the Eagles have been pretty committed to the run during this past run and Sanders is out with a broken hand. I also saw Howard banged up and dnp on Wednesday. So should result in a lot of opportunity for Boston Scott. The receivers you have are a bit of a crap shoot. I would rate Patrick as the highest floor of that group and Toney as the highest ceiling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2021, 10:03 AM   #82
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

My matchup luck come back to kill me last week. Mark Andrew's Tee Higgens, Nick Chubb, and Justin Jackson nearly had enough points to outscore everyone else in the league except my team. I lost 213 to 162....biggest blow out of the week. Third highest team had 136 points. That quartet came in at 134.5. Third place game this week.

Been an annoying year. Lost three times to the same guy who put up 3 of the 4 highest score in the league when I matched up against him. Plus injuries to all of my top 4 picks, playing last week without my two top backs in Cook and Fournette.
Old 12-30-2021, 04:39 PM   #83
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
My matchup luck come back to kill me last week. Mark Andrew's Tee Higgens, Nick Chubb, and Justin Jackson nearly had enough points to outscore everyone else in the league except my team. I lost 213 to 162....biggest blow out of the week. Third highest team had 136 points. That quartet came in at 134.5. Third place game this week.

Been an annoying year. Lost three times to the same guy who put up 3 of the 4 highest score in the league when I matched up against him. Plus injuries to all of my top 4 picks, playing last week without my two top backs in Cook and Fournette.
Ouch. That’s a huge bummer.

For me I would’ve easily won the finals had I won the semifinals. Still makes me mad.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:45 PM   #84
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last few weeks have been frustrating for me although I managed to win three in row except I lost the semi final. My team has been hit hard by Covid every week while my opponents don't have anyone on the Covid list. My saving grace has been that my opponents have just sucked and underperformed their projections by 30 or 40 points.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #85
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Do you need 1 or 2 from that list?

I would chose Scott for sure since the Eagles have been pretty committed to the run during this past run and Sanders is out with a broken hand. I also saw Howard banged up and dnp on Wednesday. So should result in a lot of opportunity for Boston Scott. The receivers you have are a bit of a crap shoot. I would rate Patrick as the highest floor of that group and Toney as the highest ceiling.
Situation changes hour by hour. Lol
Scott does go in, but Gibson now under covid protocol. And Patrick ruled out.
Heh. It's a mess but much easier than trying to play fantasy hockey right now

Good luck to everyone still playing for something
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2022, 11:00 AM   #86
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Yeah, it's a tough landscape. Every day I'm making a change to my lineup due to a guy going in or out of protocol. I want to take out prop bets on all my opponents players, but have to wait to the last minute on that. Good luck to anyone playing for money, and anyone trying to avoid a last place punishment. Some guys I play hockey with have an intense league where winning the league is secondary to not finishing last.
Old 01-01-2022, 12:29 PM   #87
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Im in a final worth 600 to the winner....piecemealed my way through last week to get here.

Have 5 guys with a "Q" beside their name right now.

Picked up the Bears D this morning just because they play the Giants led by Jake Fromm and missing 3 starting WR i believe. I can see a defensive gem from the Bears against whatever that NY offense ends up being.
Old 01-01-2022, 05:21 PM   #88
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Same here...trying to decide on 2 of B Scott / E Mitchell / Ertz / Patterson / Gabe Davis for Flex and WR/RB (Patt can do both).

Leaning to Scott (assuming Howard is out) and Davis...Patt has tough match, Ertz could be good and opponent has K Murray. Eli Mitchell is still Q.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:21 PM   #89
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I picked up Scott, Howard and Jaret Patterson. Debating who to start in flex. Also have Cordarelle but scared of his matchup and the fact he's been trending downwards lately. Going for back to back titles in my league.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 10:43 AM   #90
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post
Same here...trying to decide on 2 of B Scott / E Mitchell / Ertz / Patterson / Gabe Davis for Flex and WR/RB (Patt can do both).

Leaning to Scott (assuming Howard is out) and Davis...Patt has tough match, Ertz could be good and opponent has K Murray. Eli Mitchell is still Q.
Emmanuel Sanders is inactive, so that works in Davis favor.

Howard is active, but I still think there's lots of opportunity for Scott today.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:51 PM   #91
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well unless MVS and De'Vondre Campbell can combine for 35 points at least I'm gonna lose out in my league
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:03 AM   #92
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Pretty happy here...ended up getting massive days from the Bears D, Metcalf, Singletary, and Justin Tucker.

Up 49.22 pts with tonights game left to go.

He has Najee Harris and I have Pat Friermuth.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:56 PM   #93
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got absolutely steamrolled lol
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 02:12 PM   #94
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I played fantasy for the first time in 15 years this season. Got baited when I was drunk. Got the number one pick and of course picked McCaffrey, which was a debacle. Next four picks went pretty good though:

Josh Allen
Justin Jefferson
Cooper Kupp
Ja'Marr Chase

Naturally I won the league, both in total points and the playoffs. If there's one noticeable change from fantasy it's how irrelevant running backs really are. Of the four RBs I drafted only Damien Harris was even on my roster past week 12, and even he was a hit or miss player with injuries and Rhamondre Stephenson stealing carries. But the RBs I started in the final weren't even on my team three weeks earlier, snagged Penny and Sony Michel off the wire and that was that.

But next year I'm doing Loser League instead. I haven't yet but it sounds like fun in a different kind of way!

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/fantasy/loser-league