Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2021, 06:21 AM   #61
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
There's a sunken manhole cover northbound Crowchild on the curve right before the exit to Richmond road that I always try and avoid, it's a big bump when you go over it. The road is a bit sloped there but the manhole cover shouldn't be embedded that deep.
It is possible to raise manholes. Submit a 311 request, it may be assigned a low priority and won't happen overnight, but it would 100% be looked at

Last edited by btimbit; 10-01-2021 at 06:25 AM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2021, 08:52 PM   #62
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

The inner city east-west infrastructure is so bad. Where I am now the options are John Laurie, 16th Ave, or Memorial. Getting from SAIT(ish) to anywhere in the NE it's a 40 minute trip. Yet I can fly up John Laurie or Crowchild and over to Sarcee and be at the north Costco in 10-15 minutes

John Lori wasn't the answer. Widening 16th avenue certainly wasn't the answer. I don't know is
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 09:08 PM   #63
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
You spelled ever wrong.
Huh? Zamler gives us news reporter girl after every Flames win. That’s more contribution than I’ll ever be able to make in a lifetime.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 09:28 PM   #64
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Huh? Zamler gives us news reporter girl after every Flames win. That’s more contribution than I’ll ever be able to make in a lifetime.
Very true.

I take it back.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:40 PM   #65
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I guess we should can all the traffic engineers at the City, as it seems everyone that can get a class 5 license understands all the design considerations and can do a better job.
No kidding. The "abomination" at Sarcee/Glenmore is probably the second best interchange Alberta has ever built, second to an incredible piece of engineering in Edmonton unfortunately. I will end up mostly sitting out on this thread cause having studied civil engineering, most of the complaints are unfounded and annoy me.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2021, 10:14 PM   #66
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
No kidding. The "abomination" at Sarcee/Glenmore is probably the second best interchange Alberta has ever built, second to an incredible piece of engineering in Edmonton unfortunately. I will end up mostly sitting out on this thread cause having studied civil engineering, most of the complaints are unfounded and annoy me.
What’s the one in Edmonton?
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:17 PM   #67
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I have no complaints about that intersection (driving through it twice/day) though it can be a bit confusing if you don't know where you are going. Really smooth flow though.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:27 PM   #68
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I mentioned before, I will mention again:

When the F*** will the 5th Ave bridge downtown to Edmonton Trail be done! It has been more than a f-ing year and they are ALWAYS closing down every lane except 1 (or 2 max) every hour every day. Why the F*** does it take so long to complete?
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:27 PM   #69
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
What’s the one in Edmonton?
Henday NE and Yellowhead Trail. Soaring flyovers, 3 interchanges connected into one, and CPR tracks right down the middle of it to boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 12:59 AM   #70
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, massive Deerfoot project begins next fall that could realistically be the biggest 4-year traffic headache in the city's history depending on how it's staged. Widening to 4 lanes between 17 Ave and Airport Trail, Ivor Strong twinning, Anderson/Bottow Bottom pseudo-rebuild, Glenmore bridge twinning, 17 Ave interchange rebuild, Memorial rebuild. P3 project to be delivered like a ring road leg.
The Following User Says Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 01:05 AM   #71
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

4 years? More like 14.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:08 AM   #72
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
4 years? More like 14.
Not on a P3. The scope of the work is kind of unclear. $210M is the actual commitment but that doesn't even do half of what they claim the project entails. So I'm curious to see the actual budget.

Last edited by Acey; 10-02-2021 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-02-2021, 01:37 AM   #73
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
I mentioned before, I will mention again:

When the F*** will the 5th Ave bridge downtown to Edmonton Trail be done! It has been more than a f-ing year and they are ALWAYS closing down every lane except 1 (or 2 max) every hour every day. Why the F*** does it take so long to complete?
November 2021. Same answer as when the work started over a year ago.

It's not a easy project, why do you think it should be quicker?
Old 10-02-2021, 01:57 AM   #74
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Henday NE and Yellowhead Trail. Soaring flyovers, 3 interchanges connected into one, and CPR tracks right down the middle of it to boot.
Plus pipeline alley too. That's the part that impresses me the most.
Old 10-02-2021, 07:21 AM   #75
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I will end up mostly sitting out on this thread cause having studied civil engineering, most of the complaints are unfounded and annoy me.
This should be your time to shine. We need threads like this so people like you who actually know what the hell they’re talking about can explain why things are done the way they are.

It’s like that rich people avoiding taxes thread; someone who hasn’t a clue about anything starts the thread, and the people who really know about finances and taxes start explaining how things actually work.

Use your powers for good, Acey.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 08:35 AM   #76
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I’m through there at least twice a week and never had a problem. The whole NE corner of Henday is pretty sweet tbh.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PostandIn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 08:57 AM   #77
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
The inner city east-west infrastructure is so bad. Where I am now the options are John Laurie, 16th Ave, or Memorial. Getting from SAIT(ish) to anywhere in the NE it's a 40 minute trip. Yet I can fly up John Laurie or Crowchild and over to Sarcee and be at the north Costco in 10-15 minutes

John Lori wasn't the answer. Widening 16th avenue certainly wasn't the answer. I don't know is
They decided to make 16th a walkable boulevard type road right before they started improving it for traffic a few years back, that would have helped. At least now they're putting in infrastructure for lights on John Laurie - can't have one free flowing east-west connector in the city...
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:02 AM   #78
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Totally off topic, but what is going on with that link? It's got, like, stink lines all over it. If I got ot he spot on google maps without using the link, no stink lines.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:07 AM   #79
Ahuch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I have zero problems with that interchange short of the speed limits... There are parts that feel like you could easily be going 100 safely, and it's set at 60.
Ahuch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahuch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #80
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Totally off topic, but what is going on with that link? It's got, like, stink lines all over it. If I got ot he spot on google maps without using the link, no stink lines.
It's the terrain layer superimposed on the satellite image. Not sure why it's toggled on in that link but there's a button to turn it off in the bottom corner.