Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 07:00 PM   #6581
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think there's no question someone important dies tonight, but I also have a feeling that they're going to leave it with us not knowing who actually died. I will not be impressed if that happens.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:34 PM   #6582
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

#### that episode. There was nothing enjoyable about one second of that episode. Long drawn out sequences that resulted in next to nothing, and just made me sad. What a bunch of bull#### after such a great season. I'm pissed.

Last edited by Cali Panthers Fan; 04-03-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:39 PM   #6583
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a really good Negan.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:43 PM   #6584
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a really good Negan.
This was the redeeming part of the episode for sure.

Someone pointed out to me that the other speaking villain (at the start of the episode) was Steven Ogg (Voice acted Trevor in GTA V). That sounds like a great pair of villains.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:44 PM   #6585
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hated that scene with Negan. He might be good later, but that was ridiculous hamming it up there. Literally a 10 minute villain monologue. Are you ####ing kidding me? I'm severely disappointed in what I saw.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:48 PM   #6586
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Negan's introduction was really drawn out, but I think that was partly in effect to play up the fact that he is a genuine sociopath (from what I've heard).

It was a bit of a let down because I was hoping for more impact AND resolution, but hearing Scott Gimple setting up the end of this season and the beginning of the next makes it a bit more intriguing.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 04-03-2016, 08:53 PM   #6587
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I hated that scene with Negan. He might be good later, but that was ridiculous hamming it up there. Literally a 10 minute villain monologue. Are you ####ing kidding me? I'm severely disappointed in what I saw.
I think that's intentional. A good chunk of this season played into a question of "Who's Negan?". We get several episodes where they reference him (the photos smashed heads come to mind in reference to Negan's handiwork with Lucille) and it pretty much played entirely in the "extended spoiler" that they used to have you sit through half of Into the Badlands (where they end off with "All your stuff belongs to Negan").

Now that they present him, it seems like they wanted to cram as much characterization in as they possibly could before setting up a cliffhanger. Probably not my favourite choice in terms of direction but I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan did a fine enough job delivering it given its material.

I guess long story short for me: good actor, not so good script. The cliffhanger was obvious and pretty forced in my mind. A more natural choice might have been killing the character and having Negan's group disperse, leaving the surviving cast to grieve.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:58 PM   #6588
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
I think that's intentional. A good chunk of this season played into a question of "Who's Negan?". We get several episodes where they reference him (the photos smashed heads come to mind in reference to Negan's handiwork with Lucille) and it pretty much played entirely in the "extended spoiler" that they used to have you sit through half of Into the Badlands (where they end off with "All your stuff belongs to Negan").

Now that they present him, it seems like they wanted to cram as much characterization in as they possibly could before setting up a cliffhanger. Probably not my favourite choice in terms of direction but I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan did a fine enough job delivering it given its material.

I guess long story short for me: good actor, not so good script.
Yes, that's exactly my problem. I like Morgan's portrayal (even though he does draw it out far too long and is ridiculously pedantic, but if that's how the character is written so be it), but that script was dog####.

I can't fathom how they didn't figure out what was happening to them after the 2nd roadblock. They're much smarter than that..........or you know what? Maybe they're not? Maybe Rick's group is stupider than hell, and they've just been extraordinarily lucky to have made it this far. Is that the crux of these last 2 episodes? That Rick's group doesn't deserve to have made it thus far, and now Negan is taking everything from them due to their stupidity? I guess I could buy that, but it's still kinda crappy to watch.

Of course I'll continue to watch next season, but I wanted so much more from a season finale.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:03 PM   #6589
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Either they show who dies or they don't, but either way episode 1 next season is going to be about the reaction and fall out from it.

I think if they show who dies now they lose a lot of the emotional impact from it in episode 1. Next season is going to start off pretty sad/dark so I think waiting is alt he right choice. It's obviously also to the benefit of AMC because now everyone will be wondering who dies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #6590
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

What junk. Complete joke to end the season that way. Man thats a bitter pill after what was an awesome season.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 09:08 PM   #6591
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Yes, that's exactly my problem. I like Morgan's portrayal (even though he does draw it out far too long and is ridiculously pedantic, but if that's how the character is written so be it), but that script was dog####.

I can't fathom how they didn't figure out what was happening to them after the 2nd roadblock. They're much smarter than that..........or you know what? Maybe they're not? Maybe Rick's group is stupider than hell, and they've just been extraordinarily lucky to have made it this far. Is that the crux of these last 2 episodes? That Rick's group doesn't deserve to have made it thus far, and now Negan is taking everything from them due to their stupidity? I guess I could buy that, but it's still kinda crappy to watch.

Of course I'll continue to watch next season, but I wanted so much more from a season finale.
Negan was described as "the star of his own movie" by a producer, it's not Morgan taking liberties with the character that's just how Negan is.

It's clear Rick has gotten cocky and underestimated Negan and the saviours, before he knew anything about them he said he would deal with them for hilltop. They have taken out a bunch of saviours and we're feeling confident, all without knowing how big the group is or what kind of resources they had.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:18 PM   #6592
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Negan was described as "the star of his own movie" by a producer, it's not Morgan taking liberties with the character that's just how Negan is.

It's clear Rick has gotten cocky and underestimated Negan and the saviours, before he knew anything about them he said he would deal with them for hilltop. They have taken out a bunch of saviours and we're feeling confident, all without knowing how big the group is or what kind of resources they had.
Yes. I said as much after he has the debate with Morgan about whether to preemptively strike them without knowing anything. I was saying that Morgan's philosophy would be proven to be wisdom in time, but I also recognize that this group was a completely different animal than anything they've dealt with before.

What's weird is that I have a feeling that the Alexandrians are going to form an alliance with the horse-riding hockey-pad group...and several others...to attack Negan and take him down. It will probably take most of the season to make it happen, and I really have no idea how it will work, but I think we see an entire season of subjugation and oppression of Rick's group, until they work out a way to get rid of Negan.

One thing I'm relatively sure of, neither Rick nor Carl was the one to get it just based on what Negan was saying right before he struck.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:26 PM   #6593
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

It won't be Rick, once Negan gets Rick to fall in line the rest of the group will follow.

If I was Negan I probably would pick Abraham. His defiant attitude could cause problems down the road, and out of everyone he looked the least beaten down. Plus he had the whole "baby" talk, making plans like that doesn't usually end well in apocalypse movies/shows.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:32 PM   #6594
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mod edit- do not discuss the comics.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:37 PM   #6595
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Mod edit- do not discuss the comics.

Last edited by Jbo; 04-03-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:08 PM   #6596
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would bet money it was that Alexandrian guy -- can't remember his name, but he is a gay guy that we haven't seen for a while, came along on the trip for some ambiguous reason. He was the only non-Rick, 'expendable' person in that group, so they drag this out all summer, just to have it anti-climatically be him and not lose anyone important to the story.
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 10:21 PM   #6597
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Well, I'd guess it isn't Rick or Carl based on Negans preamble. Sounded like a male groaning? I really don't know.

I enjoyed the hell out of that episode. Gonna be a looooong wait.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 10:55 PM   #6598
steve9981
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So apparently the audio for the finale was leaked prior to tonight and it was uncensored compared to tonights episode. This is who the folks on reddit believe it might be but then again could be complete nonsense as well.

http://carl-greyems.tumblr.com/priva...deaiypi1v88mdc
Old 04-03-2016, 11:02 PM   #6599
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

90 minutes not well wasted
Old 04-03-2016, 11:16 PM   #6600
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:

After getting over the initial shock of the episode finale ... I have to say this was perfect. Reading the fan over reaction online makes it even better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c.t.ner For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies