Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2020, 09:17 AM   #41
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Slinger View Post
A minor nitpick, but I wish someone spell-checked that release before they issued it. What are "defecemen"?
Sounds like a word you'd make up to describe the Oilers defence core.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:17 AM   #42
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
31 2 Thoughts, with FanIn80:

- Tkachuk was playing on the right side almost all year, why would he suddenly be back on the left?

- Why are we all of a sudden talking about Czarnik again? Has something magical happened in the last two months that has turned him into an NHL player?
Maybe the fact that he was playing well before getting injured. The second PP unit was looking somewhat relevant, which has been a major disappointment for most of this season.

Also due to the fact that he came back from injury, went down to the AHL like a pro and has scored 16 goals in 32 games (33 points). Are you really telling me he shouldn't at least deserve an opportunity to be on the roster?

I almost guarantee that Czanik would have had more production than "Sam every coach hates him and that is why he isn't an all-star Bennett" or Mark Jankowski if he didn't get injured this season... keep in mind, Czarnik is still only 27.

Last edited by keenan87; 07-13-2020 at 09:23 AM.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:23 AM   #43
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think Czarnik ever really got a fair shake, and it pisses me off, seeing as how the GM and coach both flew to see him and convince him to sign in CGY as a UFA two seasons ago.

"Come to CGY Austin, we see something in you, we're thin on RW and you'll get a real opportunity here"

*Proceed to play him 10 to 11 minutes a game*
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #44
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

He has 13 goals and 38 points in 121 NHL games. That's more of an opportunity than most get.
He is a guy that to me looks like a classic tweener. Too good for the AHL, but not able to produce at the NHL level.
We can debate the quality of linemates and ice-time, but he's been giving opportunities and largely didn't produce.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:35 AM   #45
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
He has 13 goals and 38 points in 121 NHL games. That's more of an opportunity than most get.
He is a guy that to me looks like a classic tweener. Too good for the AHL, but not able to produce at the NHL level.
We can debate the quality of linemates and ice-time, but he's been giving opportunities and largely didn't produce.
Ya, but you have to admit that it was odd that he was starting to produce leading up to the injury and then never got a game in after coming back. There were at least 3-4 callups after he started playing games for the Heat, and he was playing well.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:37 AM   #46
Phaneufenstein
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I don't think Czarnik ever really got a fair shake, and it pisses me off, seeing as how the GM and coach both flew to see him and convince him to sign in CGY as a UFA two seasons ago.

"Come to CGY Austin, we see something in you, we're thin on RW and you'll get a real opportunity here"

*Proceed to play him 10 to 11 minutes a game*
"Come to CGY Austin, we see something in you, we're thin on RW and you'll get a real opportunity here" - Proceeds to sign James Neal
Phaneufenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:39 AM   #47
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here is the Jets roster

Forwards: Mason Appleton, Gabriel Bourque, Kyle Connor, Andrew Copp, Cody Eakin, Nikolaj Ehlers, David Gustafsson, Jansen Harkins, Patrik Laine, Mark Letestu, Adam Lowry, Mathieu Perreault, Jack Roslovic, Mark Scheifele, Logan Shaw, Nicholas Shore, CJ Suess, Blake Wheeler;
Defensemen: Nathan Beaulieu, Anthony Bitetto, Carl Dahlstrom, Dylan DeMelo, Dmitry Kulikov, Josh Morrissey, Sami Niku, Nelson Nogier, Neal Pionk, Tucker Poolman, Luca Sbisa, Logan Stanley;
Goalies: Laurent Brossoit, Eric Comrie, Connor Hellebuyck
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 01:57 PM   #48
Flame On
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just can't wait to see Rinaldo running around in a playoff campaign.
Insulted Other Member(s)
Don't insult other members; even if they are Canuck fans.
Flame On is offline   Reply With Quote