Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2023, 10:50 PM   #1
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2023 NFL Playoffs Thread

Playoffs being this Saturday with the “Super” Wildcard Weekend.

Saturday
Seahawks at 49ers 2:30pm
Chargers at Jaguars 6:15pm

Sunday
Dolphins at Bills 11:00am
Giants at Vikings 2:30pm
Ravens at Bengals 6:15pm

Monday
Cowboys at Buccaneers 6:15pm

All times MST
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 06:55 AM   #2
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hands up if you predicted the Jaguars, Seahawks, and Giants would be in the 2023 playoffs. I think the clock will strike 12 for all three of these teams although in regards to the Jaguars you can never count out the Chargers for doing Chargers things.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 08:15 AM   #3
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Go Hawks!
Crazy season. Seattle expected to be awful, get a top 5 pick. Turns out they were competitive, had a fun season, still get a top 5 pick.
I'm under no illusion they won't get stomped by the 49ers, but this season was way better than it had any right to be.

That said, we all know the storybook finish coming for the Bills right?
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 08:34 AM   #4
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Hands up if you predicted the Jaguars, Seahawks, and Giants would be in the 2023 playoffs. I think the clock will strike 12 for all three of these teams although in regards to the Jaguars you can never count out the Chargers for doing Chargers things.
I don't follow the NFL much, but, yep the Seahawks and Giants are huge surprises. Many sports hosts had doom and gloom for the QBs of both teams. The Jaguars are on nobody's radar, but, they have an excellent coach who has a Super Bowl ring, just like the Seahawks. Strong coaching can be an ace. If there is to be an upset this weekend, take the Giants. The Vikings have come up short in the playoffs like they did against the Seahawks a few years ago. Flip a coin on the Chargers/Jaguars and Cowboys/Bucs. The other 3 games should have the home teams win in a cake walk.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:04 AM   #5
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Until they officially announce Tua as out I assume he's playing and that makes it a much more difficult game. If it's hobbled Bridgewater or Thompson however the Bills should win comfortably if Allen doesn't play hero ball.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 09:58 AM   #6
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I give the Jaguars and Giants a chance in their games mostly because I think their coaching staffs can scheme up ways to keep them in the games. I didnt see the Chargers last game but Bosa limped off, Mike Williams supposedly wss being helped on the bus after the game and Herbert took more needless hits....so as you say Chargers always are a candidate to sabotage themselves.

Seattle is the only team that Brock Purdy didn't end up scoring 30 or more on so they might cover that game. But it would take an unexpected turn for San Francisco to lose that game.

The Seahawks and Giants are big surprises to me. Jacksonville was not expected by myself, but with a talent like Lawrence with better coaching and that being a weak Division it was at least plausible at the beginning of the season.

Tampa and Dallas is pretty much a SCD special because one of the Cowboys or Brady will flame out and satisfy a lot of haters and maybe their own fans for the change it will force. I think Dallas is the team that becomes to butt of all the tweets and memes that result from that game.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:00 AM   #7
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr4013 View Post
Until they officially announce Tua as out I assume he's playing and that makes it a much more difficult game. If it's hobbled Bridgewater or Thompson however the Bills should win comfortably if Allen doesn't play hero ball.
He isn't cleared to practice yet I doubt he will play.

I got the Chargers and 49ers on Saturday
Bills Giants and Bengals on Sunday
And Bucs on Monday
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 11:09 AM   #8
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Based on everything doctors are saying there should be no chance of him playing and this team and league need real reprecussions if they let it happen.

This guy is playing with his life at this point. Pathetic given all the emotions around Hamlin this week.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 11:24 AM   #9
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
Based on everything doctors are saying there should be no chance of him playing and this team and league need real reprecussions if they let it happen.

This guy is playing with his life at this point. Pathetic given all the emotions around Hamlin this week.
Hamlin was last week bro, not this week. Old news
Ratings will be better if Tua plays. This is the priority
Get with the program
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 11:32 AM   #10
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I don't mean to be cynical about it and based on the Vegas line, the day/time of the game and Tua's protocol progression he probably won't play but being a Bills fan you expect the worst case most of the time.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:31 PM   #11
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Line moving and chatter seems to suggest Tua playing. Swell.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:51 AM   #12
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-qb-l...lay-vs-bengals

Surprise surprise the guy who has not been able to practice for 5 weeks may not be able to play this weekend.

Without a long term contract he should just get this PCL fixed and look to next season.

If he can't go that defence will need an epic performance to stay in that game.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:28 AM   #13
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Feels like Lamar made up his mind he wasn’t going to play anymore this year

Feels like him and the Ravens are moving towards a separation

Lamar to Jets , Fields to Ravens , Jets picks to Chicago and Bears draft a new QB and rebuild their team ! Who says no !
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 09:48 AM   #14
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Wow, he's actually out
https://twitter.com/user/status/1613214532456878082
Old 01-11-2023, 03:40 PM   #15
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:58 PM   #16
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post

Lamar to Jets , Fields to Ravens , Jets picks to Chicago and Bears draft a new QB and rebuild their team ! Who says no !
Looks that way. So many people in the media go off and explain that Lamar has shut it down because Baltimore wont pay him and thats ok? they gave him a pretty big offer, just because he felt that it should be fully guaranteed..... if i was a Ravens fan, i would be pretty choked.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 06:17 AM   #17
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post

I do. Garoppolo to the Jets. Fields staying in Chicago. Not clear what's going to happen with the Ravens but given the way their team is built offensively I have to assume they will just slap the franchise tag on Jackson and play hardball.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:58 AM   #18
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I do. Garoppolo to the Jets. Fields staying in Chicago. Not clear what's going to happen with the Ravens but given the way their team is built offensively I have to assume they will just slap the franchise tag on Jackson and play hardball.
We’ll that’s what’s more likely to happen , but I think it’s a worst decision for all 3 teams

The Ravens has a system they can plug fields into tomorrow , but I am not convinced that system can win a Super Bowl for the Ravens or Chicago .

Chicago could completely restart instead of going into a 3rd year of the rookie contract with a team with no chance to win.

As for the Jets - acquiring Jimmy G really just puts them into mediocrity purgatory. With Lamar they have a punchers chance assuming Lamar ever stays healthy and can throw when he has real receivers . Plus the marketability of Lamar is NY could be very high

Just doesn’t feel like Lamar is back with the Ravens next year, and I can’t imagine the Ravens rebuilding with the age and money they are spending of their D and TE.

I also think the lure of picking a Q1 #1 and the uncertainty of fields as a thrower is going to be a lot stronger then currently being expressed as the draft approaches
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 08:03 AM   #19
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

By all accounts the Bears are going to stick with Fields but that could be nothing more than a smoke screen. If I was Bears GM I would pick Young as I think Fields is a poor man's Jackson and I'm not big on Jackson because of his limitations in the passing game. I would think if the Ravens move on from Jackson that they will probably want to go back to a more pass oriented offense like the rest of the league. I think Garoppolo to the Jets is a very high probability (according to a lot of sources in Raiders circles in regards to the Raiders new starting QB where they say Garoppolo to the Raiders won't likely happen because of the Jets) as Saleh has first hand experience winning with him with a solid defense is in place as the Jets already have. There are a lot of QB needy teams so Jackson would easily find a home but I don't think a lot of organizations ideally want to run the style off offense required for Lamar to have success. The injuries are starting to accumulate with him and I'm not sure he's going to last as long as Newton did.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 01-12-2023 at 08:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2023, 10:03 AM   #20
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I forget how to embed tweets, but NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reporting that the NFL just announced if the Chiefs and Bills meet in the AFCCG, the game will be played at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.

Because that's the setting you want in January for a huge playoff game between 2 cold weather teams... Go Bengals, save us from this abomination.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote