Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2021, 10:04 PM   #961
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too bad Geno was carrying the ball on a plate like that, he had a very good game otherwise. Seattle defense played well too.
Tough one to lose when it was right there.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:05 PM   #962
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

heck of a play by Watt...looked like he got face masked just at the snap, before pursuing Smith and getting the strip. Seahawks with a heck of an effort though without Wilson... Steelers secondary is a bit of a concern imo.

But yeah, these night games this year have been something else this year. I remember years where there were multiple blowouts where the game was over by the middle of the 3rd quarter

Post game update on the Seattle player is that he has full mobility, but they are running tests...seems like something where he might have had a temporary loss of feeling/use of something and it came back...which is great to hear.

As a Steelers fan, I remember the shock and sadness of Shazier getting a career ending spinal injury...so hopefully Taylor returns to full health

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 10-17-2021 at 10:11 PM.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2021, 10:23 PM   #963
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

3 fumbles in the closing moments by the Seahawks. 2 of them recovered, but that’s just dumb football.

On the play before the game tying kick. The most important thing was that he got out of bounds, then fumbles fighting for another yard.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:34 AM   #964
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
What in the hell is Fangio doing in Denver? Two absolutely brutal challenges today.
losing
Old 10-18-2021, 07:09 AM   #965
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rare Titans prime time game today, I don't have a great feeling about it. I just don't see how their defense can stop the Bills offense. To have any chance today (especially if AJ can't go) Henry needs at least 150 yards and 30 touches today and they need to totally control the clock.
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:57 AM   #966
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Rare Titans prime time game today, I don't have a great feeling about it. I just don't see how their defense can stop the Bills offense. To have any chance today (especially if AJ can't go) Henry needs at least 150 yards and 30 touches today and they need to totally control the clock.
I feel bad for Titans fans that they hired Todd Downing to be their OC.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:12 AM   #967
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I feel bad for Titans fans that they hired Todd Downing to be their OC.
Dont know anything about the guy but offense really isnt their issue. At east as far as scoring goes.

Their defense is in the running for worst in the NFL though, which is odd considering Vrabel is a defense first kind of guy.

Weird team all around actually.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:29 AM   #968
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Dont know anything about the guy but offense really isnt their issue. At east as far as scoring goes.

Their defense is in the running for worst in the NFL though, which is odd considering Vrabel is a defense first kind of guy.

Weird team all around actually.
Their defense was bad last season as well. They haven't improved the defense and now the offense has regressed. Downing was the Raiders offensive coordinator for the 2017 season and it was a disaster as it was vanilla bland and relied on a lot of short passing and dump offs to the RB. I figured he would never get another job as NFL OC.

https://medium.com/sportsraid/the-un...g-8fc606d318d0

-After the Raiders’ offense finished 6th in the NFL in yards per game and 7th in the NFL in points per game in 2016 with Bill Musgrave as their offensive coordinator, the team finished 17th in yards per game in 23rd in points per game under Downing

-In 2017, under Downing’s watch, the Raiders scored 115 points less than they did the year prior; between Weeks #3 through #8 of that season, the Raiders scored more than 17 points in a game only one time.

-As Raiders fans will be quick to remind you: in the one year in which Downing was the offensive coordinator, quarterback Derek Carr finished with the fewest passing yards and lowest passer rating since his rookie season; he also tied his career-high in interceptions thrown in a single season that year.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:32 AM   #969
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Titans are top 10 in YPG and PPG on offense and 2nd in rushing.....oh and Julio and AJ have only played two games together. Henry should win MVP if they didn't just give it to a QB every time.
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:22 PM   #970
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

such a weird season as a Steelers fan. It just kind of feels like a lost season with a washed-up Roethlisberger behind a young OL, and you just know Tomlin will grind out something like 9-8 again ... so you're not bad enough to really get to draft a stud player, but at the same time you're probably the worst team in the division. Don't know, just feels this train is headed nowhere. I just wish they had some kind of succession plan in place when it comes to the QB position. I feel they do have some pieces for the future offensively (Harris, Johnson, Claypool, Freiermuth) and the OL will hopefully grow and learn, but it's all in vain if you have nobody at the most important position in football. Defensively they still miss Stephon Tuitt big time and the secondary has been spotty, but it helps when you have a monster like T.J. Watt who can change a game on his own any given minute.

hope Darrell Taylor is back healthy soon. Like oldschoolcalgary said, you instantly remember that Shazier situation and nobody wants to see things like that. Thankfully the updates from the hospital have been positive.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 12:29 PM   #971
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Update on Taylor

Quote:
"He really did get a great report on his CT scans that he was clear and all that. He's got more tests to do just to double-check and triple-check and make sure he's OK, MRIs and stuff today," Carroll said Monday on 710 ESPN Seattle. "But the initial return is that he didn't have any major damage at all, and he feels good. I talked to him just a few minutes ago, and he's got a sore neck right now, a stiff neck a little bit. But he really feels -- relative to what it looked like and what we were having to deal with -- he really got a great turnaround and great news."
Old 10-18-2021, 12:32 PM   #972
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

great to hear about Taylor.

Lets see if the Monday night game turns into another barnburner!
Old 10-18-2021, 04:16 PM   #973
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
great to hear about Taylor.

Lets see if the Monday night game turns into another barnburner!
Agree about Taylor, I remember being a big enough Chiefs Fan to be bothered enough to watch a Chiefs and Jets game in the early 90's where Dennis Byrd suffered a nasty neck injury. Those always give me chills reminding me of that.

As for this game, it might be, but I think that Buffalo might pull away pretty easy here. Teams who don't have a particularly strong defence don't seem to be able to hang with the Bills this year. Pittsburgh has a tough punch you in the mouth defence with a pretty nasty front 7 which did slow the Bills down. But every other opponent didn't and the Bills have no problem going for 35+ against those types of teams.

On the other side of the ball, no one has been able to put up much more than 20 against them, so their D is also well balanced with a tough front 7, and under rated coverage guys. Tennessee will have to hold up the Bills offence, and mix it up enough that the Bills don't just stack the box on Henry.

The way I see it, if the Bills don't win this year, they might never win. Them and the Ravens have MVP QB's on the 4th year of their rookie deals, so they'll be hard pressed to have better teams than they do now. Even if the NFL salary cap isn't that real.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 10-18-2021 at 04:20 PM.
Sylvanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:45 PM   #974
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

A trick play on a kick return between Tennessee and Buffalo? What a neat idea. I bet that’s never happened before.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:53 PM   #975
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bills defense continuing to look terrifying.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:07 PM   #976
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Derrick Henry has impressive wheels for such a big man
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:10 PM   #977
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The King!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:36 PM   #978
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man I hate seeing that. Lewan is a good dude. Glad to see the thumbs up.
Hockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:37 PM   #979
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn... Taylor Lewan just had to carted off with possible neck injury like Taylor from Seattle...

He gave the crowd a thumbs up sign as he was being carted off, so hopefully its just precaution, just like yesterday...

13-17 Titans...so turning into another great game so far
Old 10-18-2021, 07:50 PM   #980
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

What I hate about sports sometimes is when you get a matchup like next week between the Titans and Chiefs that should, on paper, be a 63-59 game, but will probably end up being 13-10. But yeah those are some stinky defenses.