Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

We have solid prospects on every line. It's very nice to see.
Bourque's Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #22
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Actually, the Flames are already mathematically eliminated.

Detroit and Columbus both play Dallas.

There is no mathematical way that one of the three teams doesn't get to 49 points.

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer or anything, just saying.
Yup. According to Cammalleri, there were no "must win" games this season.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #23
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Yup. According to Cammalleri, there were no "must win" games this season.
Come on. No need to read anything extra into it. He's simply trying to set the stage for the expectation of the team's effort level. I'm sure the playoffs were his goal this year
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #24
FanningTheFlames
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Man, I'm loving this new era already. Not only the team itself, but the mood on this board is so positive.. I'm overklempt

This has a Flames win written all over it. 2-1 Kipper special. Although a reverse Kipper special, would be okay too.

Nevertheless, GFG!
FanningTheFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FanningTheFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cervenka out and Hanowski in...

I think that pretty much tells you what Hartley thinks of Cervenka. To me, he should be on tryout right now just as much as any of the kids. But clrearly Hartley doesn't agree.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #26
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

4-2 Red Wings. Another good effort for the Flames though.
JurassicTunga12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #27
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't understand this Cervenka hate from Hartley. He seems like a pretty solid player. Maybe he has already indicated to management that he won't re-sign with the Flames in the offseason, so there's no reason to try him out anymore.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #28
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
I don't understand this Cervenka hate from Hartley. He seems like a pretty solid player. Maybe he has already indicated to management that he won't re-sign with the Flames in the offseason, so there's no reason to try him out anymore.
He sits at the blue line while his line-mates are all back checking.
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mdubz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #29
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Come on. No need to read anything extra into it. He's simply trying to set the stage for the expectation of the team's effort level. I'm sure the playoffs were his goal this year
Yeah, I realized that that post had a tone that came down too hard on what Cammalleri actually said.

Just saying that under the strict definition of a must win game is a game that will officially eliminate you if you lose - the Flames had no such game this season. Monday's loss didn't officially eliminate the Flames, and as of today, they have been officially eliminated.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

And of course, Cervenka sits not a fan of it at all.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #31
Kaine
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Potentially Kipper's last game at the dome? Draft be damned, win us one more Kipper!
Kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #32
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Cervenka out and Hanowski in...

I think that pretty much tells you what Hartley thinks of Cervenka. To me, he should be on tryout right now just as much as any of the kids. But clrearly Hartley doesn't agree.
Tryout? Cervenka has played in 35 games. Not sure what some posters see in him? He looks slow, soft and hates playing in his own zone. Every youngster that has been called up has looked better than him.

He has played enough games and had enough practices to see this is how his game will be in the future. The statements in other threads that he will be bigger and faster if he trains hard in the off season, reminds me of posters that thought JBO would have a harder slapshot and better body checker if he worked at it in the summer. This is just the way these players play and more than likely nothing is going to change that.
kyuss275 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kyuss275 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #33
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Tryout? Cervenka has played in 35 games. Not sure what some posters see in him? He looks slow, soft and hates playing in his own zone. Every youngster that has been called up has looked better than him.

He has played enough games and had enough practices to see this is how his game will be in the future. The statements in other threads that he will be bigger and faster if he trains hard in the off season, reminds me of posters that thought JBO would have a harder slapshot and better body checker if he worked at it in the summer. This is just the way these players play and more than likely nothing is going to change that.
35 games with low minutes for most of them is simply not enough time to fully evaluate a player - especially with all of the added circumstances of this season.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #34
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Hartley said Kipper is starting Friday as well, so tonight won't be his last home start.

Also, I'd rather see Cervenka play than Begin.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #35
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post

I definitely want them to re-sign him for another year.

- new league, new environment, new language, new systems on the ice
- he was injured at the start of the season (and about 2 months prior), so not exactly in game-shape early
- he got no pre-season
- Hartley, at times, used him wrongly IMO

I'd love to give him another shot, this time healthy and with a full pre-season. He he has shown glimpses of his ability, he has really good hands and has nice chemistry with Hudler. If you put a hard-working, two-way center between them (Reinhart, maybe Barkov if drafted), that could be a very nice line.

I don't know, I just have the feeling that if we let him go, he'll light it up somewhere else and we'll regret it. He can be a really effective player if used properly.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #36
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
35 games with low minutes for most of them is simply not enough time to fully evaluate a player - especially with all of the added circumstances of this season.
Considering Preseason (if they had one) is only 5 to 8 games to evaluate a player. 35 games is way more than enough for Management to decide if they will try to resign the player.

In my opinion, Flames should not resign him. He does not add anything to a rebuilding club.

Better off having veterans players like Glencross or Tanguay or Stajan or Hudler around the younger players.
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #37
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post
Better off having veterans players like Glencross or Tanguay or Stajan or Hudler around the younger players.
yeah ... no.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #38
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

At this point, I don't see why Cervenka would want to re-sign. He said he was frustrated and mad in that one Czech interview months ago, I doubt anything has changed.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #39
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
yeah ... no.
Flames need to have a balance of older and younger players.... I would think they will keep Tanguay....
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #40
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post
Flames need to have a balance of older and younger players.... I would think they will keep Tanguay....
I agree that they need balance, and I have no problem if they keep Tanguay ... IF he gets his act together. If he continues to float and "mail it in" like he did after the Iginla trade, I want him gone.

Tags
gtd , winwin iggywith4 , winwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin