Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-04-2021, 05:20 PM   #101
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Stop watching. Hope for losses. Cripes.

I've been a fan since the mid-80's and there's been some awful teams and players during that time. It's painful, but part of being a die-hard fan. There's peaks and valleys and even though there have been a lot of valleys during the last 35 years I'm not going to just pick up my ball and go home every time this franchise is in a rut. It sucks, yes. But it is what it is, deal with it.

Hoping for losses. Can't fathom that as a fan.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2021, 05:33 PM   #102
GS Skier
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Too funny all this angst among this group. Most of you bleed Flames red and by the huge number of posts you all make you live and die with every win and loss.

Told you all already. I actually watched the Leafs win their cup in 67'. I do not fall in love with players. I do not live or die with every game. I confess I AM getting tired of games every 2nd night but so are the teams obviously.

Lies; D amn lies and statistics.

FWIW They play away games vs home games.
The 3 teams that have played the fewest road games so far are 1,2,3 in the North Standings.
The 3 teams that have played the MOST road games I.E. staring at hotel room walls, are in the last 3 spots in the division and Montreal is in no mans land.
Calgary has the most road games vs home games of any team by a wide margin and yet no one here or on 960 I might add has taken a 2nd look at that.

Just 8 home games interspaced I might add, not a "stretch" and 15 road games so far. Every other team has played 12 -14 home games.

I'll reserve judgement because this is as weird a year as ever in history but I enjoy watching the game of Hockey, I enjoy watching other teams star players and as a life long Alpine skier I "see" skating styles" just like I see skiing technique. I also always enjoy to try to watch D zone structure to see if its really falling apart and/or if is a game where its just our forwards can't get past the other guys D.

They are my team come feast or famine.

Last edited by GS Skier; 03-04-2021 at 05:35 PM.
GS Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GS Skier For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2021, 06:02 PM   #103
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post

I've been a fan since the mid-80's and there's been some awful teams and players during that time. It's painful, but part of being a die-hard fan. There's peaks and valleys and even though there have been a lot of valleys during the last 35 years I'm not going to just pick up my ball and go home every time this franchise is in a rut. It sucks, yes. But it is what it is, deal with it.

You have never ever hoped for a better draft pick once the season has been lost?

I am a big fan of the flames and want to see them win playoff rounds. When hope is lost on a generation of the team, I have no issues in watching the games to see the youth progress, yet losing games is just fine, as at times it's the sacrifice required to build a new core needed to eventually win playoff rounds.

Calgary has been completely impatient and unwilling to rebuild right. It is why we have the least number of star players amongst all the teams in our division. Sens might be the only team worse in this regard, but they are in the process of rectifying that.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:25 PM   #104
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post

The NHL is a terrible product after they have taken out all the fighting and hard hitting. Reffing is garbage and holy crap is sportsnet the hellpit of sports broadcasting.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:30 AM   #105
3rd Degree
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Sutter is back!!! This qualifies as a semi major move and since I’m an optimist and glutton for punishment it’s time to tune back in. Please oh please Darryl, turn this steaming pile of garbage around. Figure out who the cancers are and quickly move them out. Finally they’ve made a change!
3rd Degree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:49 AM   #106
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 03-05-2021, 11:41 AM   #107
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

No it's time to really start watching now

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk
Johnhitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:27 PM   #108
3rd Degree
Backup Goalie

Exp:

For your mental health and for the love of Jebus, please stop watching. You’ll be so much happier. Until the Flames make some major trades to right this ship, why waste your time? We all have so many better things to do with our time then watch this catastrophe!
3rd Degree is offline   Reply With Quote