Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-30-2020, 12:05 PM   #4221
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Looks like Umbrella man is an "Aryan Cowboy"...HA prison gang member stirring the pot in Minneapolis. Good people on both sides I guess.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53579099
He's also a full fledged member of the hells angels too.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #4222
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

NYPD is snatching people off the street now too.
https://mobile.twitter.com/MichelleL...-into-unmarked

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...-into-unmarked
Old 07-31-2020, 06:57 PM   #4223
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
This is a tough video to watch in the link below, but also important to recognize just how real and alive racism is this very day. Some of the worst America has to offer...

NSFW language

https://www.upworthy.com/man-holds-u...in-racist-town

Jesus christ, what a disgusting and pathetic mess that country is. This kind of crap makes me so angry and sad. These racist arseholes have always been there of course, but at least under previous administrations they didn't come right out in the open like this...or maybe it's just because social media wasn't as prevalent and we just didn't see it every day like we do now.

But under Trump they've definitely been emboldened to crawl out from under their rocks and let their white supremacist flags fly. It's horrifying.
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2020, 07:59 PM   #4224
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

^I hate to break it to you, but in little towns like that in Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, etc., they were never hiding their overt racism. We just don't see it because we ignore those places. However, my family travels through those areas for work purposes, and they always come back with horrifying stories. It's always been there and it's never gone away since the 60s.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2020, 08:20 PM   #4225
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Jesus christ, what a disgusting and pathetic mess that country is. This kind of crap makes me so angry and sad. These racist arseholes have always been there of course, but at least under previous administrations they didn't come right out in the open like this...or maybe it's just because social media wasn't as prevalent and we just didn't see it every day like we do now.

But under Trump they've definitely been emboldened to crawl out from under their rocks and let their white supremacist flags fly. It's horrifying.
Saying they “come out from under their rocks” makes it sound like white supremacy hasn't been the historical standard.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
Old 07-31-2020, 08:34 PM   #4226
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I hate to break it to you but there are towns a lot like that right here in Alberta.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #4227
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I hate to break it to you but there are towns a lot like that right here in Alberta.
Caroline, Provost, just to name a few.

I've been in a fight with someone in Provost for grabbing an Obama in a noose stuffed Doll that was being used as a dog's chew toy there and trying to dispose of it.

####ing gross town.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:43 PM   #4228
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Caroline, Provost, just to name a few.
Caroline is an absolute ####hole of racist hell. Stopped there for gas years back when I didn't know any better.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:13 PM   #4229
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the Aryan Nations had their big jamboree camp/compound in Caroline. Yep. Good times in Caroline.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #4230
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, Provost has long had a history of racism.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #4231
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn't the actual KKK setting up shop in Provost a long time ago? Something like that anyways. Small towns in this province aren't exactly known for their forward thinking. I lived in a small town for a few years (9000 population) and it was a nightmare. One of the big reasons for moving back to the city is my wife and I didn't want to raise a kid in that type of an environment.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:33 AM   #4232
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I think the Aryan Nations had their big jamboree camp/compound in Caroline. Yep. Good times in Caroline.
That was Eckville. An even worse place than Caroline.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 08:24 AM   #4233
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Jesus $@&% what is wrong with cops? I think I'm finally at my breaking point. I really don't want to believe it, but the truth won't stop slapping me in the face hard enough to avoid it.....

All. Cops. Are. Bad.

This is just too systematic to ignore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...mily-gunpoint/

Quote:
But before they could even find an open salon, the family’s four children were ordered at gunpoint to lie facedown on the parking lot, and two were handcuffed. The Black girls, who range from 6 to 17 years old, broke down into tears and screams as a group of White police officers hovered over them.

“I want my mother,” one of them can be heard wailing on a video of the incident, gasping for air between sobs. “Can’t I have my sister next to me?”
Watch the video, its heartbreaking.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:03 AM   #4234
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Man, there had to have been a better way to handle that stop.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #4235
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Aurora PD... AGAIN?!

At what point does the city disband the current police force and starts a new one?

Elijah McClain, pulling a gun on a doctor in the doctor's office's parking lot, and this.... but if you're white and shoot up a movie theater, no problem, in fact the Aurora PD will think you're one of the good guys.

That's just insanity.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Old 08-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #4236
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
All. Cops. Are. Bad.

This is just too systematic to ignore...
No man. We have the ability to (thankfully) have these things documented and shared almost instantly. It’s really easy to look at all the stories that come in and feel the way you are.

But it’s important to remember that there are literally hundreds of millions of police/civilian interactions every year. Some of the worst ones are shared and brought to light, an unfortunate number are probably not. What you certainly don’t see is the vast majority of ‘positive’ interactions.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:37 AM   #4237
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Indeed, and not just towns either. There are racists everywhere in this country.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1290461225424498688
Old 08-04-2020, 11:46 AM   #4238
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Indeed, and not just towns either. There are racists everywhere in this country.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1290461225424498688
I’m not seeing the video?
Old 08-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #4239
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edit. Mis read original post. Thought he was saying there was hundreds of million police.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 08-04-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #4240
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
No man. We have the ability to (thankfully) have these things documented and shared almost instantly. It’s really easy to look at all the stories that come in and feel the way you are.

But it’s important to remember that there are literally hundreds of millions of police/civilian interactions every year. Some of the worst ones are shared and brought to light, an unfortunate number are probably not. What you certainly don’t see is the vast majority of ‘positive’ interactions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Well that's not true . There's around 800,00 police in the U.S .The highest number ever.
If there's 800,000 police officers, it only takes what, 250 interactions each for that statement to be true. That's like 2 interactions a day per officer while on shift.

There would undoubtedly be hundreds of millions of police/civilian interactions per year. (Not hundreds of millions of police officers, but mere interactions).

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread