Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2021, 11:48 AM   #1601
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Aaaaannnnnddddd .... they didn't get any. LOL. Three hours I'll never get back. Haha. Oh well, worth a shot.
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:56 PM   #1602
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Riders Republic is really fun.

Not a technical showcase for next gen systems or anything, but just enjoyable to play.

If you enjoyed Steep I feel like you will enjoy this game for sure.
The physics are good. I liked decenders because of the physics but always wanted a better mtb game . Riders republic definitely fits the bill.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:01 PM   #1603
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC in LAX View Post
I am looking for an Xbox Series X for a close friend if anyone finds one available, could you please let me know? I have sold two PS5s to CalgaryPuck members at retail cost as I was in a position to buy them, but don't use Playstations. Hoping someone would be willing to help me, if at all possible. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
A year later and it's harder to get an Xbox Series X than it was at launch time. I've been following Labinz for months with no luck. Oh well, keep on trying
I once it's counter intuitive but I got mine in arch off ebay for just over retail new unopened. It took a bit of sifting but I paid like only 50 bucks over retail from an account in Edmonton. I was really lucky .

To make clear I definitely had bought from. A guy that had been scalping. It seems to me he over bought and people just were not buying anymore. The account had 14 out of 20 sold . Seemed to be that way for a while untill I made it 15 out of 20 . Followed the account awhile after the purchase and still look him awhile. My best guess is he had scalper prices then theorist was "#### ot I'll wait." Sat on product then just lowered the price.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 11-24-2021 at 04:08 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2021, 04:25 PM   #1604
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had a friend upgrade to the XSX via Xbox All Access with BestBuy, signed up for it last week and got his XSX today.

If you are willing to get on the payment plan, they have or at least had consoles available.

There is also this:

https://gamingintel.com/how-to-get-m...-invite-email/

Last edited by Since1984; 11-23-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2021, 09:41 PM   #1605
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Walmart just had about 3500 XSX with a queue system that failed miserably....for me anyways
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:33 PM   #1606
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default PS5 vs. Switch vs. XBOXSX - THUNDERDOME Version 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug View Post
Aaaaannnnnddddd .... they didn't get any. LOL. Three hours I'll never get back. Haha. Oh well, worth a shot.

Damn, sorry man. Didn’t mean to lead anyone astray. She had like 3 people phone while I was there asking about PS5 shipments and seemed pretty confident they had some on the way (they had received some yesterday AM as well I think).
Old 11-24-2021, 08:57 AM   #1607
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

So now that I have both systems, (and I am quite enjoying the XSX) - my one complaint - the Xbox controllers suck, specifically the Dpad. Playing hollow Knight on it and it just feels... not good.

Is the elite controller better with Dpad?
I_H8_Crawford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:02 AM   #1608
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
So now that I have both systems, (and I am quite enjoying the XSX) - my one complaint - the Xbox controllers suck, specifically the Dpad. Playing hollow Knight on it and it just feels... not good.

Is the elite controller better with Dpad?
Xbox dpads have always been garbage so I doubt the elite one is better. And after having both systems now for a bit I agree, the PS5 controller is the best gaming controller ever made IMO. The weight is just right, dpad is good, I prefer the symmetrical analog sticks, and of course the haptics are awesome. That will continue to be my system of choice for any games that don't show up on Gamepass. I also much prefer the PS5's menu over the XSX, it's much easier to navigate and doesn't have the info bloat the Xbox has

The one killer feature of the XSX though is definitely quick resume. It's amazing to be able to jump between multiple games almost instantly right from where you left off instead of only a single game on the PS5
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 01:00 PM   #1609
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Xbox dpads have always been garbage so I doubt the elite one is better. And after having both systems now for a bit I agree, the PS5 controller is the best gaming controller ever made IMO. The weight is just right, dpad is good, I prefer the symmetrical analog sticks, and of course the haptics are awesome. That will continue to be my system of choice for any games that don't show up on Gamepass. I also much prefer the PS5's menu over the XSX, it's much easier to navigate and doesn't have the info bloat the Xbox has

The one killer feature of the XSX though is definitely quick resume. It's amazing to be able to jump between multiple games almost instantly right from where you left off instead of only a single game on the PS5
The D-Pad on the elite series controllers are much better than the regular controllers. You get two different attachments to change how it react and plays.

The Xbox controller has been the far superior controller until this gen as they really didn't need to improve on much over the last 10 years.

I have had issues now with both controllers breaking. Took the series X controller quite a bit longer. My haptic gear in the right trigger broke and had stick drift a couple months after release. my Xbox controllers right bumper doesn't always register a press.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:13 PM   #1610
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tip of the hat to Draug and flames_fan_down_under's mom (there is a joke there somewhere I think). Thanks for meeting up today.

Super nice people and hope you enjoy the new consoles!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #1611
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
The D-Pad on the elite series controllers are much better than the regular controllers. You get two different attachments to change how it react and plays.

The Xbox controller has been the far superior controller until this gen as they really didn't need to improve on much over the last 10 years.

I have had issues now with both controllers breaking. Took the series X controller quite a bit longer. My haptic gear in the right trigger broke and had stick drift a couple months after release. my Xbox controllers right bumper doesn't always register a press.
Controller quality has gone to #### in the last decade. I went through 3 PS4 controllers that had the triggers or shoulder buttons die, and a couple of Xbox one controllers had a face button die. No issues so far with 2 PS5 controllers a year in, maybe I got lucky with them
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #1612
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like I'm an outlier on controllers.

Even with the Switch it took me like three years to experience drift.

Never had issues with my PS4 or Xbox One Controllers.

Maybe I just don't actually game enough...
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:44 PM   #1613
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Tip of the hat to Draug and flames_fan_down_under's mom (there is a joke there somewhere I think). Thanks for meeting up today.

Big shout out of Thank You to chemgear for me find my friend his PS5!
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Draug For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 04:11 PM   #1614
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post

Thanks again Chemgear! Unreal service, retail price, what more can I say!

I can definitely vouch for Chemgear.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 04:18 PM   #1615
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I feel like I'm an outlier on controllers.

Even with the Switch it took me like three years to experience drift.

Never had issues with my PS4 or Xbox One Controllers.

Maybe I just don't actually game enough...
I thought I played a lot and only one of my controllers has ever experienced stick-drift across four generations of Xbox console. It happened on a standard Xbox One launch controller and I fixed it using a bit of a Q-tip in the joystick hat. So clearly I'm not the gamer I thought I was either.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:20 PM   #1616
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I prefer the XSX controller to the Dualsense (I think the current Xbox iteration is the most refined ergonomic design ever made), but they're both remarkable controllers. To 1984's point, the difference between Microsoft and Sony on this is that with MS having achieved such a great design with the 360 controller 15 years ago, the refinements they've had to make since then have been somewhat iterative, whereas Sony had the task of overhauling the tremendously appalling Dualshock 3. The 4 was a huge improvement for my hands, and the Dualsense has continued that trend in the right direction (though to me still just seems like a design that's tried to approximate what Xbox has had for years now already in terms of ergonomics). Bonus points for the cool haptic stuff though.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:51 AM   #1617
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Sony had the asymmetric joystick placement of the Xbox controller, I'd probably enjoy it more than I do. I've always personally found the placement of Sony's analog joysticks -- ever since they released the original DualShock -- rather awkward.

Power A used to make a PS3 controller that mimicked the layout of an Xbox 360 controller, and it was easily my favourite controller on the PS3 until the battery went flat once and refused to hold a charge from that moment on.

Spoiler!
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:27 AM   #1618
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
If Sony had the asymmetric joystick placement of the Xbox controller, I'd probably enjoy it more than I do. I've always personally found the placement of Sony's analog joysticks -- ever since they released the original DualShock -- rather awkward.

Power A used to make a PS3 controller that mimicked the layout of an Xbox 360 controller, and it was easily my favourite controller on the PS3 until the battery went flat once and refused to hold a charge from that moment on.

Spoiler!
The symmetrical sticks is exactly why I prefer the PS controllers. Most games use both sticks for movement/camera, and it feels more natural to me to have my thumbs at the same place for that. The old school position of the dpad is also way better for fighting and side scrolling games. I also like that the DualSense analog sticks have a bit more resistance in them, the Xbox sticks feel spongy in comparison
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 11:04 AM   #1619
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I prefer the dualshock to the dualsense.

The dualsense is just too angular and feels awkward in the hand compared to the roundedness of the dualshock
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:16 AM   #1620
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the Switch Pro Controller is the perfect video game controller.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post: