Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2020, 10:18 AM   #2041
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Great voice actor, but he's terrible at the game...
He's bad in a really non-self-aware way, too. "I was trying to stealth them", he says, running directly at them mashing the melee button.

That series is still fun as a sort of commentary track over the game, though. They've done Uncharted games as well, with Nolan playing, which is hilarious, because he is bad in a much funnier way.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 07:37 PM   #2042
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright, despite my reservations a few pages ago, I'm downloading Escape from Tarkov now at the request of several friends
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 09:55 AM   #2043
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Alright, despite my reservations a few pages ago, I'm downloading Escape from Tarkov now at the request of several friends
Let me just say you are getting in at a bad time so take it with a grain of salt. Best time to start is at a wipe as right now everyone is super geared and leveled and the markets are super inflated. There are also server issues that are being worked on but causing longer than normal wait times.

Having friends that play should help a lot also go to the Tarkov wiki and download the maps.

Have Fun!
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:56 AM   #2044
stone hands
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Enjoy it, I've only been playing for a week or so and am totally hooked now. The fact that there's actual stakes each time you play really elevates it to another level. Feels like a weird fps dark souls game or something
stone hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #2045
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I knew more of you would come.

I've been stuck in Tarkov for two years now and the game gets better every update.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:54 AM   #2046
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Does the PS4 have backwards capability? Are there any rumours of the 5 getting it? There are some exclusives I'd love to play (God of War, Last of Us, Spider-Man). Though perhaps getting a 4 at a discount/used makes more sense.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #2047
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The PS4 does not, but it’s been heavily speculated that the PS5 will, at least for PS4 games.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 04:24 PM   #2048
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Let me just say you are getting in at a bad time so take it with a grain of salt. Best time to start is at a wipe as right now everyone is super geared and leveled and the markets are super inflated. There are also server issues that are being worked on but causing longer than normal wait times.

Having friends that play should help a lot also go to the Tarkov wiki and download the maps.

Have Fun!
Good to know, so far I don't like it much and kinda figured I wouldn't, but I'll give it more chances
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:42 AM   #2049
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

After playing through the Batman Arkham games and Spider-Man PS4, I'm getting pretty tired of seeing psychopathic bad guys kill untold numbers of innocent civilians, getting captured instead of killed because of some good guy honor code, then escaping and doing it all over again. I'd really like to see a modern M-rated Punisher game get made, he's the only guy in the Marvel or DC universes with a realistic outlook on things
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #2050
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Boy you guys weren't wrong about the Witcher... here is actual footage of me after playing through 'a few' quests:

Great game though.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:01 PM   #2051
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Boy you guys weren't wrong about the Witcher... here is actual footage of me after playing through 'a few' quests:

Great game though.
I can't wait to ruin my life!
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2020, 12:05 PM   #2052
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
After playing through the Batman Arkham games and Spider-Man PS4, I'm getting pretty tired of seeing psychopathic bad guys kill untold numbers of innocent civilians, getting captured instead of killed because of some good guy honor code, then escaping and doing it all over again. I'd really like to see a modern M-rated Punisher game get made, he's the only guy in the Marvel or DC universes with a realistic outlook on things
Superman shared the same frustration.

Joker placed a nuke in Metropolis and surgically implanted the trigger for the nuke inside the heart of a pregnant Lois Lane. Supes was gassed with Scarecrow's fear gas and he had the illusion that Doomsday was still alive, but instead of fighting and killing Doomsday, it was actually Lois. Killing Lois triggered the nuke in Metropolis and killing millions.

Superman quickly had a word with Joker...

Since that moment, Superman took no nonsense from any Villians

Thus began Injustice: Gods among us

Last edited by Pizza; 02-10-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2020, 04:13 PM   #2053
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So a couple of weeks ago I posted the Empire at War remake mod which is fabulous and just beautiful though its still under development and the ground battles haven been put in yet. Because I'm always looking for Star Wars game play PC wise and I'm more of a strategy game player, I found the newly released Fall of the Republic Mod. For anyone that has the Forces of Corruption Empire at Wars game, this is almost a must have.

There's a lot of very cool things that make this almost like a brand new game, and plugs the holes that we saw in the first Empire at War Forces of Corruption game.

First and foremost, they've greatly expanded the game, they've added in more of the Lore Planets, and because of this, the map is massive. The game also takes place starting at the beginning of the Clone Wars, which is a fun era because you have two massive armies facing off against each other.

If you start off as the Republic, you can eventually get to the point where the Republic falls and you become the Empire, there's an awesome story line split in this game where you can support Palpatine or support the anti-palpatine faction, and it makes a big difference. If you support Palpatine and Order 66 happens you get access to all of the cool Imperial ships. If you don't then you don't get those ships, and I assume that eventually you'll be able to rebel. If you play the CIS you start off with separate factions of the CIS and you have to unit them.

Beyond the political system there are several story line elements. I got the shock this week when I was fighting the CIS on the outer rim and Palpatine order the execution of Order 66 and I watch as all of my Jedi hero's vanished to be replaced by new hero's. I'm assuming that eventually Anakin will morph into Vader.

The hero mechanics are different and more dangerous. In the original game hero's were extremely powerful, but if they died they'd eventually respawn. Not in this mod. If a hero dies he's dead. I had a particularly bad ground battle where I lost Mace and Yoda in a massive battle and they were gone man. There were also a lot of missions that when you competed them they would give you rare ship designs, or economic or troop benefits.

In terms of combat, this is a vastly improved Mod.

On the ground, they've increased the cap size, but also created more logical unit numbers. They've improved the maps and objectives as well. On top of that they have a cool feature where trooper skins come into play. If you land Anakin on planet and bring in troopers they will have the skin of the 501st, if you land Yoda they'll have the skin of the Wolfpack, its a nice touch.

In space they've done a lot of balancing and the unit cap is huge so you can have some really epic cinematic space battles. On top of that the balancing is not only better, but it makes you think. You can no longer just drop in a bunch of ships, launch fighters and use the fighters and over powered bombers to win. On top of that another cool feature is if you have a ship that's damaged but still has its engines, you can hyperspace him out of the battle. You also have fleet tenders in battle that can perform repairs on ships.

Its an awesome mod.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:01 AM   #2054
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

If you ever wanted to try Division 2 on PC now os the time its on sale this month for $3.99 in preparation for the new xpac coming March 3.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:26 PM   #2055
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have been watching ff14 to possibly get into and gotta say I dont really like it it seems grindy as heck
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #2056
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I have been watching ff14 to possibly get into and gotta say I dont really like it it seems grindy as heck
It's definitely grindy at times, and they're aware of it. They're looking simplifying the original game's main story questline (A Realm Reborn) in an upcoming patch, so maybe wait and see how that pans out before continuing?
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2020, 02:31 PM   #2057
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

/thread
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:34 PM   #2058
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

About to start my second playthrough of RDR 2, haven't played in almost a year. I had the foresight last night before going out to load it in the PS4 in case there were any large updates that could jam me up before getting ready to start it again the next day, surprisingly there were none. Good to go.

So I finally get ready to start just now, turn it on...16.625 GB update today now for the game that will take an estimated 6 hours. Lol of course..
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #2059
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Division 2 is on sale on all platforms for $4. Almost have to check it out at that price.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:49 AM   #2060
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just a heads up that EPIC exclusivity for Metro Exodus is up and the game is on Steam now at a launch sale price of $29.99.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote