Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2024, 09:58 PM   #1
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Monitoring kids iOS from Android?

We've always been an Android family and used Google Family Link to monitor our children's screen time, set limits and be able to see their location.

Our pre-teen switched to an iPhone and Family Link no longer does any of that.

Her location can be done through Google Maps. She just shares her location with us indefinitely, so that's covered.

We liked knowing how much time she spent on each app (Youtube, Snap, messenger kids, etc) but this one isn't super necessary.

But I would love to be able to set a limit on daily time, including a schedule of when she can/can't use the phone, but also have it easily modifiable by my wife or I when needed. Ie: Downtime is usually at 930 school nights and later on weekends but we change it on the fly during long weekends, the ability to turn it off if she's grounded, etc.

I've seen apps where it gives me full access to their phones, including the ability to see every text or message they send but I don't want that much intrusion. I'm just looking for something similar to what Google Family Link provided us. And I can't seem to properly articulate what I am looking for to Google - which doesn't give me much for an answer and instead tells me that I basically can't do much unless I also have an iPhone, which isn't happening.

Any suggestions?
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:44 AM   #2
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think there are some of these tools natively in iOS. I don't know if there are apps that you can easily pop up on an Android phone to do what you're doing like the Google maps suggestion (vs Find my in iOS), but I think you can start setting certain things up and see certain details via a browser and an Apple login?

Sorry, I don't use these features, but I seem to recall seeing some of them when occasionally glancing in the general settings options and seeing some articles about it.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201304
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: