Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-04-2021, 08:52 AM   #281
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm ok with it, I view it as a prologue for the DS movie. I think its going to be tragic and sad and desvestating. But all the characters are here, so no super big bad reveal etc.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #282
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ I agree. I think peoples expectations are that we will see at least one of those things. What would be really funny is we dont get FF or Mutants and then they are both introduced in the first scene of Falcon & Winter Soldier.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:19 AM   #283
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
They've already heavily implied that Wanda and Pietro already had powers and they were "activated" when they were exposed to the mind stone. Sounds like it would be easy to make that into "they were mutants all along" to me. And now the rest of the mutants could have had their powers "activated" by infinity stones in a similar way when Thanos/Hulk snapped them. I think this show is setting it up, even if it's not outright saying that's what happened yet.
Will they just do away with Magneto/Prof X? Their story goes back to the 1940s.

I guess you could come up with a storyline where Prof X/Magneto have their powers for a long time - perhaps from some chance exposure to an infinity stone - but remain hidden and waiting for others like them to arise. In the MCU timeline, the Nazis had one of the cubes, so Magneto could have been the result. Even then, it might make some sense to retcon Magneto's story, as him being a holocaust survivor now puts him into his 90s.

Then there's other characters like Wolverine, who've been around since the 1800s.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #284
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Questions that might not be answered in the finale:

1) Who/where is Ralph?
2) How did Wanda get so powerful? Please don't tell me it was just because she was sad.
3) Why do we have an X-Men universe Quicksilver?
4) What happened to the beekeeper? You know, the SWORD agent that went in the sewer.
5) Who is the missing person?
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:46 AM   #285
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post

1) Who/where is Ralph?
2) How did Wanda get so powerful? Please don't tell me it was just because she was sad.
4) What happened to the beekeeper? You know, the SWORD agent that went in the sewer.
I imagine he played his 'part' and just went about keeping bees in and around town?
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:49 AM   #286
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

1) Who/where is Ralph?
I'll do you one better...

WHY is Ralph?
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izzle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2021, 09:54 AM   #287
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
I imagine he played his 'part' and just went about keeping bees in and around town?
Wanda got mad at Monica and threw her out of the hex because she didn't belong. She seemed to be pretty upset at the beekeeper. Also, it seemed odd that SWORD never mentioned anything else about having lost a man inside.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #288
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:

Wanda was born a witch, same as Agatha. But then she touched an infinity stone and became an uber witch. Scarlett Witch has always been one of the most powerful characters in the comics, so they're boosting her up in the MCU to match

X-Men Quiksilver was already acknowledged as a fun casting choice by the creators. As it stands that's all it is, a cameo, there are no official X-Men ties to the MCU yet
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:57 PM   #289
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Thinking about the introduction of X-men, it could make sense with the infinity stone stuff. There could have been a few old time mutants who happened to have random interactions with the stones, which explains characters like Apocalypse, Externals, etc...Then the infinity war accounts for the sudden increase in new mutants.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:33 PM   #290
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

My only hope/expectation for the finale is a Doctor Strange appearance. Previous individual MCU films had plot holes around other Avengers not showing up. Would be a shame to have this show about magic without the Sorcerer Supreme making an appearance.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:56 PM   #291
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
My only hope/expectation for the finale is a Doctor Strange appearance. Previous individual MCU films had plot holes around other Avengers not showing up. Would be a shame to have this show about magic without the Sorcerer Supreme making an appearance.
I actually think outside of far from home they've gone to lengths to explain this.

Ironman 3 Tony was off the Grid
Thor 2 happened largely off world
Winter Soldier S**T was happening all over the world, presumably things happened off screen
Ultron the other heros cameoed
Ant-man - objectively not avengers scale.
Doctor Strange - Largely happened in the mirror realm other hero could not have gotten there.
Homecoming - Ironman, shows up to explain the problem is below them, by the time it becomes clear he was wrong the entire event is basically a 10 minute plane crash.
Black Panther - hidden behind some holographic bubble
Wasp - secret avengers / registration.... was constraining their ability to operate

The events of all the other movies either pretty much involved every introduced hero, or mostly happened off world. If Strange doesn't show himself they will have some handwavy explanation about where he was durring Multiverse of Madness.

Last edited by #-3; 03-04-2021 at 06:01 PM.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:05 PM   #292
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

1) Who/where is Ralph?
2) Wanda has always been this powerful. In Infinty war there is the one line where one of the black Panther guards women says “why were we keeping her inside” or something to that affect.

1) Ralph is a sitcom trope of the always mentioned but never seen character.
3) left as a lose thread to be filled in at a later date. Agnes saying I couldn’t have used the original it was full of holes leaves it open to rest-conning whenever they want.
4) doesn’t matter he would be just like the circus people
5) Also doesn’t matter just a plot device to put people in the right spot. Though the other question I have is who is Dottie from the second episode who is cut and bleeds in red. Perhaps she is the missing person.

Overall I don’t think any of those questions need answers and I’m not sure if answers would be satisfying. I really hope number 3 is left open.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:54 PM   #293
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
2) Wanda has always been this powerful. In Infinty war there is the one line where one of the black Panther guards women says “why were we keeping her inside” or something to that affect.

1) Ralph is a sitcom trope of the always mentioned but never seen character.
3) left as a lose thread to be filled in at a later date. Agnes saying I couldn’t have used the original it was full of holes leaves it open to rest-conning whenever they want.
4) doesn’t matter he would be just like the circus people
5) Also doesn’t matter just a plot device to put people in the right spot. Though the other question I have is who is Dottie from the second episode who is cut and bleeds in red. Perhaps she is the missing person.

Overall I don’t think any of those questions need answers and I’m not sure if answers would be satisfying. I really hope number 3 is left open.
That's why I put them as questions that won't be answered.

I do disagree with you that Wanda has always been shown to have the same level of power. In her other movie appearances, she had a little bit of telekinesis and telekinetics, but that was it. Large-scale reality changing and mental manipulation of thousands of people at once was not shown in the movies. If she could have done that before, Thanos would not have been a problem as she could have just mind controlled all his men/creatures.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:28 PM   #294
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember, new episodes typically get uploaded at 1:00am MT. So, if you really want to avoid spoilers, stay up late ... or go have a nap right now.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:56 PM   #295
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Remember, new episodes typically get uploaded at 1:00am MT. So, if you really want to avoid spoilers, stay up late ... or go have a nap right now.
Thank COVID for work from home Fridays.

off to bed now, watching it in peace at 8:00am right after the kids go to school
Old 03-05-2021, 01:55 AM   #296
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

FYI: 2 post episode scenes -- One mid-credits and one post-credits (but before all the foreign-language credits)
Old 03-05-2021, 07:01 AM   #297
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got up early and watched it.

I am happy, great series.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:54 AM   #298
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Very good.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:46 AM   #299
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

That was an .... un satisfactory conclusion, putting it nicely. I dunno this show was hit or miss for me and the ending was a miss. They can’t all be Winter Soldier level of master pieces though so I’ll just move on to the next one.

They did a good job with the Wanda Vision relationship which was the point of the show and it’s strength so I will hold to that.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:05 PM   #300
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
That was an .... un satisfactory conclusion, putting it nicely. I dunno this show was hit or miss for me and the ending was a miss. They can’t all be Winter Soldier level of master pieces though so I’ll just move on to the next one.

They did a good job with the Wanda Vision relationship which was the point of the show and it’s strength so I will hold to that.
Yeah, it kinda fizzled for me, too. However, I know this is meant to be the prologue to phase 4, so I have to take it for what it is. Very open ended which leaves a lot of options.

Excited to see what they do next.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote