Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #1441
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the notice on Formula e, looking forward to this. I think this series is bonkers and fun as hell to watch. All the blind corners on this track, there has to be some carnage.

I suspect Masi is gone or neutered somehow to appease Lewis. F1 is political, but it is also a massive marketing machine whose value has gone through the roof. Lewis vs Max is a really big part of that which makes me believe they will sacrifice Masi to keep Lewis around.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 10:37 AM   #1442
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rolex 24 @ Daytona is starting soon.

https://www.imsa.com/tvlive/
Old 01-29-2022, 10:50 AM   #1443
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Could you imagine Max with chassis like the Fe cars? He’d be diving into every corner.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 03:20 PM   #1444
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's the best way/place to buy Montreal GP tickets? The official site is sold out but there seems to be a lot of resellers
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 07:42 PM   #1445
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Agreed. If the FIA dumps Masi it will be seen as capitulating to the demands of Wolff and Mercedes, and will just encourage further bullying by teams to get their way.
That's not the way I'll see it.

I'll see it as him being fired for failing to do his job properly. That is ensuring that all cars and drivers conform to FIA regulations during a race. Failing to do so by going rogue by implementing his own arbitrary, as yet unexplained version of the regulations and in the process bringing the sport into disrepute.

I dont agree that holding someone accountable for their actions equates to bullying.

There is a strong reasonable argument for why he should not remain in the position.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 11:54 PM   #1446
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
What's the best way/place to buy Montreal GP tickets? The official site is sold out but there seems to be a lot of resellers
Stubhub or vivid are always an option but you’ll pay a premium. There are a few legit resellers out there but they aren’t likely to have much left. Avoid GA like the plague, it’s not good in Montreal.

This site has a few sections left, but they are likely on the lower end of quality for seats in each section.

https://www.gpt-worldwide.com/f1dest...2022-2022/5459

This will likely be one of the hottest tickets for a GP ever in Montreal with interest at an all time high and the race having not been held since 2019.

I would have thought Miami might weaken some of the fervour but seats there are re-mortgage your house prices so I doubt it’ll affect demand for interest in Montreal.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 01-29-2022 at 11:56 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:50 PM   #1447
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Masi isn't/wasn't the problem, the structure of his job and have to field calls from lobbyists mid-race is the problem. And yes, it was often just as messy under Whiting - we just didn't get to hear it.

I think I posted this in the aftermath, but there are really 2 different jobs here:

1. Safety and technical regulation
2. Sporting/racing regulation

Although it's somewhat set up this way, the milquetoast stewarding structure has left a vacuum that needed to be filled. Masi's role should be #1 only, and have nothing to do with #2.

As for permanent stewards, there is actually no reason for them to have be at the track every weekend (presuming the associated costs and time-commitment are the biggest hurdles). Just make a single war-room like every big 4 sport has to review everything. Driver meetings with stewards can be Zoomed.

I'd have 1 Head Steward who does travel, and two pairs of 2 back at HQ - who can either review incidents simultaneously but separately, or split them up when there are multiple incidents. Head Steward can break ties/make final calls as necessary, and also handle immediate judgments (suggesting places be given back instead of penalty reviews, etc.)
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2022, 12:26 AM   #1448
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Stubhub or vivid are always an option but you’ll pay a premium. There are a few legit resellers out there but they aren’t likely to have much left. Avoid GA like the plague, it’s not good in Montreal.

This site has a few sections left, but they are likely on the lower end of quality for seats in each section.

https://www.gpt-worldwide.com/f1dest...2022-2022/5459

This will likely be one of the hottest tickets for a GP ever in Montreal with interest at an all time high and the race having not been held since 2019.

I would have thought Miami might weaken some of the fervour but seats there are re-mortgage your house prices so I doubt it’ll affect demand for interest in Montreal.
Miami? Is there two American races this year?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote