Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-31-2020, 11:18 PM   #1
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:
Default Former Calgary Stampeder Tim Petros dies at age 58

Quote:
Word is Petros suffered a heart attack Monday morning, and although they arrived on scene quickly to his home in the Calgary community of Point McKay, paramedics indicated there was no chance of reviving him.
Quote:
As a Calgary native and product of John G. Diefenbaker High School and the University of Calgary, Petros played for his hometown Stamps from 1984-90. In 100 career CFL games with the Red & White, he rolled up 2,228 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns while hauling in 141 passes for 1,007 yards. His best season was ’88, when he led the Stamps with 737 rushing yards and scored nine touchdowns while making 49 receptions for 304 yards.
Quote:
“He taught me to say less and do more — keep your mouth shut and your feet moving,” Vavra said. “That’s how he made the Dinos as an undersized, very-average-speed running back who became the stalwart of our offence. And he did the same in the pros — he converted from a running back at 170 lb. to a fullback of 195, 200 lb. in the CFL.

“He made it work with his heart. He didn’t have the physical skills that a lot of his teammates had, but he had a bigger heart than all of us.”

Petros is survived by his wife, Laura, and two children — son Nik a
nd daughter Jordan.
Quote:
“Totally shocking,” said Greg Peterson, who played alongside Petros with the Stampeders. “He was a great person, a great teammate and a great guy to be around. He was a fun, fun guy, always playing practical jokes on me and others. The main thing about him was just that he was a great teammate and everybody on the team loved him.
Quote:
In addition to his football career, Petros followed the family tradition by working in the food-service industry. He worked at his father’s restaurant — Nick’s Steakhouse & Pizza, located across the street from McMahon Stadium — before starting a business that saw him prepare frozen pizzas for sale at local markets. In 2013, he opened Tim’s Gourmet Pizza in Cochrane.
https://calgarysun.com/sports/footba...ros-dies-at-58
Old 04-01-2020, 07:32 AM   #2
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been discussing it in the Stamps offseason thread.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote