Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2021, 12:49 PM   #401
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
One of the guys said they'd see them every day on missions. As Stephen Colbert pointed out, if you know the are going to be around, why not bring a decent camera? If they are this common, how is someone not getting good pictures and video of them? I know they move fast, but come on. This seems like it should be a priority if some unknown craft are invading air space.
My understanding is that this footage is from military craft specifically outfitted to capture images of other craft. Is it not? Funny easy joke for a late night host, but what kind of imagery were you expecting? A zoomed in HD crystal clear image? Is that typical for this kind of operation and or realistic at all? I honestly have no idea.

Easy for the public to say “I have an HD camera in my pocket”…. But you aren’t taking images of aircraft, from an aircraft, from miles away.

We can’t get a ground shot of a SpaceX launch after about 30 seconds… and those are planned.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:53 PM   #402
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I’m pretty much only interested in these tic tac incidents. Mostly due to Fravor and Co. coming out with the story and having literal eyes on it. I also don’t even really think it’s “aliens”. But this one story is easily the most fascinating UFO story in my opinion, and I can’t wait to know more.

If it’s USA tech developed in secret it’s an even better story in my opinion.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #403
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Good theory. If it's aliens, why are they mostly seen around US military bases? That east coast area is a massive concentration of US forces. Most of this stuff just breaks down when you logically try to analyze it. Is something weird going on? Sure. Does that mean it's aliens? No more than thinking Zeus makes lightning.

Remember when crop circles were a thing?
For what it's worth, recently a medical transport plane in Northern Manitoba near Thomspon reported being followed by some kind of glowing object.

This case sounded more like an atmospheric phenomena, but NORAD was dispatched to investigate it. Not too many details were released.

None of it really makes a tonne of sense though. Creatures this intelligent would most likely have the ability to be completely invisible to us if they wanted, or they could make themselves obvious with nothing to fear for their own safety. Instead, we are supposed to believe that they are playing cute peek-a-boo games with us.

I suppose maybe it's like their version of Youtube pranksters. Maybe no matter how high a level of ascension a species achieves, it's still fun to troll and tease the animals.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:03 PM   #404
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I have no doubt Boeing/Bigelow/Lockheed Martin/skunk works/general dynamics/Battelle are somehow involved with this too, just simple from an R&D perspective.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #405
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
My understanding is that this footage is from military craft specifically outfitted to capture images of other craft. Is it not? Funny easy joke for a late night host, but what kind of imagery were you expecting? A zoomed in HD crystal clear image? Is that typical for this kind of operation and or realistic at all? I honestly have no idea.

Easy for the public to say “I have an HD camera in my pocket”…. But you aren’t taking images of aircraft, from an aircraft, from miles away.

We can’t get a ground shot of a SpaceX launch after about 30 seconds… and those are planned.
I just figure if they are there pretty much every day, the military would be extremely interested in having a picture of more than a fuzzy blob, and would have people at least on the ground, on boats, maybe even sent up in planes with good cameras to try to capture that. If it is Russians, or Chinese, or aliens, doesn't it make sense they'd put a lot of resources into understanding what they are dealing with? It feels like they barely care. "Oh, ya, we captured another fuzzy video of those things. Neat." Not really the MO of the military, is it?

I mostly feel like the public is being played pretty hard here, but I'm not sure what the end game is.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:09 PM   #406
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
I just figure if they are there pretty much every day, the military would be extremely interested in having a picture of more than a fuzzy blob, and would have people at least on the ground, on boats, maybe even sent up in planes with good cameras to try to capture that. If it is Russians, or Chinese, or aliens, doesn't it make sense they'd put a lot of resources into understanding what they are dealing with? It feels like they barely care. "Oh, ya, we captured another fuzzy video of those things. Neat." Not really the MO of the military, is it?

I mostly feel like the public is being played pretty hard here, but I'm not sure what the end game is.
My understanding from listening to interviews is that requests to investigate further consistently fell on deaf ears. So they were never out looking for them, because they were never ordered to. Which is why the videos were leaked, so that higher ups would take it seriously. What doesn’t make sense to me, is why they wouldn’t. And if it’s their own tech, then the only thing that makes sense to me is your comment about testing their own military.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:10 PM   #407
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:

Christopher Mellon said what has been released so far is among the least compelling evidence. Apparently there is photo/evidence of one being about 50 feet away from a pilot's aircraft.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:12 PM   #408
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Christopher Mellon said what has been released so far is among the least compelling evidence. Apparently there is photo/evidence of one being about 50 feet away from a pilot's aircraft.
So why not show us that?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:23 PM   #409
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So why not show us that?
Because the people that are just starting to properly investigate this haven't even seen it is my guess.
Raekwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:31 PM   #410
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I am not sure about that specific photo, but the snowball seems to be rolling faster on disclosure more than any time in history and I think we're going to see more evidence coming through in the coming months.

One thing that Lue Elizondo said on a recent interview that I can't get out of my head is that we (humans) are "part of a more complex, more beautiful reality" than we think. If someone from his position is saying this, you have to ask yourself what is really going on.

At the same time, this could all fizzle into a big pile of nothing-ness, which a small part of me wants that to be true.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2021, 04:36 PM   #411
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

well, the question is whether they do have better photos.

the images being discussed are all declassified - if they had HD images, does anyone really believe they'd release them to the public?

There's pretty credible witnesses speaking publicly on what they saw...no one has said its aliens, simply that they saw something that cannot be explained
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:46 PM   #412
Knut

Exp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r2oaQWmqkk

Bokeh Effect causing Triangular shaped "UAP"
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:50 PM   #413
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r2oaQWmqkk

Bokeh Effect causing Triangular shaped "UAP"
fixed the link

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2021, 05:10 PM   #414
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Reading this thread, one thing I can't get out of my head is that most of this stuff just seems to fail on conventional logic. Like we're taking something unlikely (aliens, or even advanced military technology) and applying even more unlikely scenarios to it to make it possible.

If it were aliens, let's say. We have to believe that:
1. They've smart enough to develop these things
2. They're smart enough to travel here
3. They know enough about us, our technology, our vision, etc, to avoid being discovered
4. They're smart enough not to be discovered

Great, but we also have to recognize:
1. They're not smart enough to be entirely undiscovered/unseen OR
2. They don't care if they're discovered

If it's 1: that seems to defy logic. You have the technology to do all this, but don't have technology to avoid being discovered, doesn't make sense.

If it's 2: then why aren't they more obvious, doesn't make sense

It just fails common sense. They either understand the value of being undiscovered and, despite this advanced technology, can't fully achieve that. Or they don't care, and somehow have mostly avoided it for no other reason than luck. This rings true for both aliens and advanced human tech.

It just seems like people want to believe in something magical. Which is fine, too. But it's most likely just trick of the light, or something. One of the 100 more likely explanations.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2021, 05:12 PM   #415
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
My personal theory is that the U.S. is experimenting with cutting edge technology that they don't want to make public yet and are preventing pilots from getting too close. The actual UAP are not the major national security threat. The national security threat is coming from the insiders who feel they are entitled to release the information to the public.

I am not even convinced that the technology being displayed is aerial in nature. It could be holographical and remote instrument manipulation technology to make it seem like something is there that isn't. It would explain why they can never get close and are not allowed near the airspace with weapons.

The best way to see if you can baffle an enemy would be to first see if you can baffle your own pilots.
I often think back to all the experimental aircraft testing that was going on a Groom Lake over the years. At the same time you a had people seeing these things in the sky and assuming they were UFO's.
Old 05-20-2021, 05:17 PM   #416
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
So why not show us that?
It's probably a weather balloon
Old 05-20-2021, 05:35 PM   #417
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Reading this thread, one thing I can't get out of my head is that most of this stuff just seems to fail on conventional logic. Like we're taking something unlikely (aliens, or even advanced military technology) and applying even more unlikely scenarios to it to make it possible.

3. They know enough about us, our technology, our vision, etc, to avoid being discovered

If it's 1: that seems to defy logic. You have the technology to do all this, but don't have technology to avoid being discovered, doesn't make sense.

It just fails common sense. They either understand the value of being undiscovered and, despite this advanced technology, can't fully achieve that. Or they don't care, and somehow have mostly avoided it for no other reason than luck. This rings true for both aliens and advanced human tech.

It just seems like people want to believe in something magical. Which is fine, too. But it's most likely just trick of the light, or something. One of the 100 more likely explanations.
Hypothetically, let's just take the tic tac incident as an example.

you have 4 pilots who saw this phenomena, including the commander of the F18 squadron on the Nimitz. you have the chief petty officer in charge of the radar on one of the ships talking about this.

you have radar contacts, IR contacts and targeting computers that did see something, and that are recorded and can/have been analyzed...

its not me saying that these objects, recorded over a series of days, is 'alien'... its those witnesses saying they don't know what it is and cannot explain what they saw.

I don't think people 'want' to believe in something magical at all. However, if there is evidence - like the radar - that is showing something, its pretty hard to simply write it off as light phenomena...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 05:50 PM   #418
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

You're absolutely right, most of this stuff just seems to fail on conventional logic. But this "stuff" that Fravor encountered seems to merit further inquiry, no?
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:15 PM   #419
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I totally think it’s stuff that should be investigated, that it’s interesting, that it’s something unexplained which could be more than “trick of the light.”

I just think there is a huge chasm between “trick of the light” and some near-otherworldly development. I think the explanation at best might be us gaining a new understanding of some earthly phenomena, and that people imagining this could change our world (aliens, Russia, ultra advanced tech) are probably reaching for one of the least likely scenarios.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:32 PM   #420
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I totally think it’s stuff that should be investigated, that it’s interesting, that it’s something unexplained which could be more than “trick of the light.”

I just think there is a huge chasm between “trick of the light” and some near-otherworldly development. I think the explanation at best might be us gaining a new understanding of some earthly phenomena, and that people imagining this could change our world (aliens, Russia, ultra advanced tech) are probably reaching for one of the least likely scenarios.
Yes, there is a huge chasm between a "trick of the light" and some near otherworldly development (as opposed to a far otherworldly development? ). Lets start eliminating possibilities with the Tic Tac.
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote