Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #2941
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Jericho is mailing it in and doesn't care. Christian is in the best shape of his life and is shredded for a final run, just like Edge. Dude looks even better now than in his prime.

I'll reserve total judgement for seeing his in-ring work, but at the moment a guy like Christian who can wrestle, has the name recognition and has the mic skills is a perfect foil for a feud with Omega. I think while that's happening you continue to build up the monsters like Lance Archer. Additionally, outside of Darby Allin or Sting (who shouldn't be wrestling ever again), I don't see any faces to feud with Omega. Christian is an instant face.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:32 PM   #2942
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Jericho is mailing it in and doesn't care. Christian is in the best shape of his life and is shredded for a final run, just like Edge. Dude looks even better now than in his prime.

I'll reserve total judgement for seeing his in-ring work, but at the moment a guy like Christian who can wrestle, has the name recognition and has the mic skills is a perfect foil for a feud with Omega. I think while that's happening you continue to build up the monsters like Lance Archer. Additionally, outside of Darby Allin or Sting (who shouldn't be wrestling ever again), I don't see any faces to feud with Omega. Christian is an instant face.
Jericho at the start of AEW wasn't that bad. It's been a quick, steep decline for him. But that initial run to the title and the fued with Moxley was good stuff still.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:14 PM   #2943
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
As well, I agree on Khan, he's doing the Eric Bish thing where he's just spending money for no good reasons. I'd still like to see a better bench strength in terms of writing and production.
Kahn is the Darryl Katz of Wrestling.

Just collecting all the old guys from the era of wrestling he loved and bringing them in to work for him.

They need to be careful or they will reach Edmonton Oilers levels of no goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
####, maybe WWE did peg him then.
Honestly to me this is Moxley.

He had an okay run with Shield but I always thought he was the least impressive of the three.

He had a really good run in the build up to WWE Roadblock against HHH that one year, and then all that momentum was killed in his horrible Wrestlemania match against Lesnar.

Then IMO he kind of floundered for a couple years in WWE.

His vignettes after leaving WWE were exciting and looked like they could be a cool direction, but IMO hes been entirely dissapointing in AEW.

He's like a boring version of Stone Cold with his character right now and I don't think he's a good babyface.

I honestly think a double turn could be such a cool move for AEW. Book Ambrose a bit like how they are booking Reigns as a heel in WWE, but with even more of a pyscho killer edge. And have Omega do a double turn somehow in the same match where he can become a major babyface.

AEW core fanbase is pretty much all just fans of The Elite - make them your babyfaces.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:30 PM   #2944
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny a lot of the critisims around Vince and WWE is their restraining of these potential super stars with scripting and how they wrestler. Everyone was just wait until they get to AEW.

But Jericho started well, but you're right he's cashing a paycheck, and he showed that maybe his ideas did need a filter. Moxley those intro vignettes were awesome, then he basically went to being a stone cold attempt with a lot of what feels like indy junk moments. Miro showed that maybe Vince did the best he could with him, but he's been dissapointing. And on and on and on.

(Side note, I used to be a big fan of Jericho, but he's just an idiot, and he's made a mockery of himself for a while now.)

I'd argue that Tay has been really good but I always stated that she would be, but she was really in a wickedly deep division in NXT.

I like Christian, I really do, but really he's not going to light your card on fire, and at 47 do they need a part timer. Even Cody has been kind of too me stale and boring and over pushed. I just don't dig him that much.

Then there's what's his name, woo woo woo you know it. I can't remember his name. He was jobbed out in WWE became an internet champion, oh yeah Zack Ryder, he was a big nothing burger. But he got paid

Vince has actually been pretty adept in this, he's shuffled off the guys that are not of use to him, or maybe he couldn't do much more with to AES.

I know I might take some heat for this but this has been a good way of Vince thinning his roster while seeing those guys get paid by someone else. To me though the WWE really needs to thin their rosters some more, but AEW just needs to stop signing these guys because they're fans of them.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:52 PM   #2945
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1368791776941727749

I'm dying

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2021, 04:02 PM   #2946
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

The more I watch that the worse it gets.

If you're going to do that then at least play it off as nothing happens and just have them get up and look around confused and kind of play it off.

But for dude to sell that like the explosion knocked him out was so funny. The ring didn't even collapse.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2021, 04:17 PM   #2947
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Dax Harwood basically confirms what I suspect - is that he'll be there to lend experience for their existing stars and has a trusted mind for the business among the talent. And IMO he's probably going to be putting them over while getting a decent run while Mox is away.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1369034926469832705

Securing Paul Wight and Christian massively beefs up AEW under the hood. It would appear they have a fantastic mentorship stack with Dean Malenko, Billy Gunn, Arn Anderson, Jerry Lynn, Dustin Runnels, Jericho, Sting and now Christian and Wight.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:19 PM   #2948
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

As long as Christian brings his kazoo I'll be happy.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:55 PM   #2949
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still remember when he started getting INSANELY over in 2005. Shortly after that, they had a RAW or Smackdown show in Calgary, and due to his overwhelming popularity (the crowd was chanting his name during the show), they brought him out (even though he wasn't originally scheduled to be there), and said something like " this show needs three C's - Charisma, Canada, and Christian!"

The place just erupted. He was so over. It was awesome.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2021, 07:23 PM   #2950
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I still remember when he started getting INSANELY over in 2005. Shortly after that, they had a RAW or Smackdown show in Calgary, and due to his overwhelming popularity (the crowd was chanting his name during the show), they brought him out (even though he wasn't originally scheduled to be there), and said something like " this show needs three C's - Charisma, Canada, and Christian!"

The place just erupted. He was so over. It was awesome.

This promo?

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2021, 08:31 PM   #2951
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huh, maybe that was it. I seem to remember it being by demand he was sent out to please the crowd because the crowd kept chanting his name... then again, it WAS 15 years ago and it's hard to remember the exact details haha. Guess it just sounded louder in person. This was also the RAW where Batista basically killed Muhammed Hassan.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2021, 09:48 PM   #2952
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I really thought this was great.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1369141893624434690

And I agree with it, I'm tired of Charlotte and others getting the shots, and people like Nia Jax and Dana Brooks who are awful getting TV time all the time.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:43 PM   #2953
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
This promo?

Was in the crowd at that show. Thanks for the nostalgia rush!
Mathgod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:08 PM   #2954
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was watching a replay of Wrestlemania IV and it was definitely a misfire wrestlemania.

There were some good matchups that just didn't work even though they looked good on paper a bunch of disqualifications.

It was sad to see how much Andrei was struggling in the ring, also to watch the Bulldogs who are both dead.

The best moment though when Matilda jumped in the ring to chase the Islanders and freaked out so much that she must have sprayed about 10 pounds of pee in the ring, then Dynamte being a jerk slammed one of the Islanders into a lake of piss.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:17 PM   #2955
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I was watching a replay of Wrestlemania IV and it was definitely a misfire wrestlemania.

There were some good matchups that just didn't work even though they looked good on paper a bunch of disqualifications.

It was sad to see how much Andrei was struggling in the ring, also to watch the Bulldogs who are both dead.

The best moment though when Matilda jumped in the ring to chase the Islanders and freaked out so much that she must have sprayed about 10 pounds of pee in the ring, then Dynamte being a jerk slammed one of the Islanders into a lake of piss.
That’s where Macho won the tournament right? I loved the tournament but always pissed off that he won the final match through Hogan giving DiBiase a chair shot. Bringing Hogan out was fine but let him just keep Andre away while Macho wins clean.

Last edited by Strange Brew; 03-10-2021 at 06:46 AM.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:25 PM   #2956
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That was the one. At the height on the Mega Powers and Hogan being the center of everything.

Really the match of the night was the battle royal that ended up with Bret Hart and Bad News Allan, where they first turned Bret face.

There were just some tremendously bad workers on that card.

Watching it again, Andre was such a great sneaky heel. Some of the little things that he did were just tremendous.

Man Elizabeth, man.

Old 03-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #2957
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Molly Holly the first inductee into this years hall of fame. Well deserved, I always thought she was a really under rated worker, and was way ahead of her time in her WCW days as Miss Madness.

I also had a bit of a crush on her when she became a prude

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2021, 10:43 AM   #2958
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1369670312133074944
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:08 AM   #2959
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm a big fan on Nox, I remember watching her in the MY classic when she suffered that knee injury, and I felt awful for her, then she comes back goes on a rise, has a great program with Kai and then hurts the knee again. I'm hoping I see her in the ring again because its tough not to be inspired.

I still loved it when Molly and Helms were around and then recruited Jamal as a Super Hero in Training (get it?). I also loved when Molly side swiped Helms with a pan and took the hardcore title. She was great.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:12 PM   #2960
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maki Itoh is a gem.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote