Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-17-2021, 09:03 AM   #3201
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

This has to be the first time in a long time that they was no major return of a wrestler at Wrestlemania, or the Raw or Smackdown the week after Mania.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:43 AM   #3202
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Covid rules maybe. But also the people that you expect to return, don't seem that interested. It feels like Cena has finally washed the WWE out of his system and dosen't seem interested. UT just retired, The Rock has left the WWE behind.

I think Brock is pretty much done, he hates people and has millions in the bank. I was honestly surprised that Becky wasn't rolled out, but she just had a kid.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:51 PM   #3203
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
This has to be the first time in a long time that they was no major return of a wrestler at Wrestlemania, or the Raw or Smackdown the week after Mania.
Probly dont want to deplete nxt since it just went to Tuesdays

Becky and ronda maybe waiting for crowds
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:45 PM   #3204
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Love the Charlotte Flair shade
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:47 PM   #3205
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well so much for Ronda coming back anytime soon. She done been knocked up.

Old 04-22-2021, 11:33 PM   #3206
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Conti/Shida match was great. Crazy to think that Tay is only 25 and she's already this good.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #3207
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I always said from the start watching Tay in NXT that there was something really intriguing about her, even though they gave her very little to work with character wise (Screaming are you crazy!! isn't a character). But she was extremely athletic, knew how to work a match, had that martial arts background, and stood out even in short matches.

I thought she would be a boon to the AEW woman's roster which I still think is lacking a bit.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:20 PM   #3208
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I love her judo work, it really comes across as a unique skillset in the ring. I don't know what it is about martial arts and MMA backgrounds, but women wrestlers really excel with it - and in my opinion, more so than men in terms of legitimacy and intimidation. Shayna Baszler is an incredible talent, and she could legitimately #### up anyone on the roster - woman or man. Well, Steve Blackman might put up a good fight.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2021, 04:02 PM   #3209
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I always said from the start watching Tay in NXT that there was something really intriguing about her, even though they gave her very little to work with character wise (Screaming are you crazy!! isn't a character). But she was extremely athletic, knew how to work a match, had that martial arts background, and stood out even in short matches.

I thought she would be a boon to the AEW woman's roster which I still think is lacking a bit.
I'm pretty satisfied with the state of the women's roster at this point. Britt, Shida, Statlander, Tay, Thunder Rosa, Serena Deeb, and Big Swole are all solid workers. Obviously it's time to put the belt on Britt and let her carry the division. Even if she's not as good of a worker as the others, her mic/character work is probably top 5 in the entire company, right up there with Mox, MJF, and Jericho.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:56 PM   #3210
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I'm pretty satisfied with the state of the women's roster at this point. Britt, Shida, Statlander, Tay, Thunder Rosa, Serena Deeb, and Big Swole are all solid workers. Obviously it's time to put the belt on Britt and let her carry the division. Even if she's not as good of a worker as the others, her mic/character work is probably top 5 in the entire company, right up there with Mox, MJF, and Jericho.
It's still not deep. It's not close to any of the 3 wwe brands

I think Britts in ring work has improved a ton in the last year though, she's the only one I'd have on the same level as the top say 15 from wwe in terms of a total package

The interesting thing is gonna be when some of these wwe/nxt women's deals are up, if they'd rather go there and be the becky/sasha top star of AEW
Old 04-23-2021, 05:51 PM   #3211
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I love her judo work, it really comes across as a unique skillset in the ring. I don't know what it is about martial arts and MMA backgrounds, but women wrestlers really excel with it - and in my opinion, more so than men in terms of legitimacy and intimidation. Shayna Baszler is an incredible talent, and she could legitimately #### up anyone on the roster - woman or man. Well, Steve Blackman might put up a good fight.

The one thing you notice with Shayna besides her fairly authentic looking move set, is how much she protects her opponent in the ring, and how utterly good her timing work is.

There's a Catch Wrestling twitter account that slows her down and shows the little things that she does. She's probably the top of division for details. Its too bad they stuck her with Nia.

The only foible that I've really seen with Shayna is against Asuka with the stiff kick in the mouth.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2021, 08:24 PM   #3212
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shayna once she's eventually away from nia, just needs a manager as a mouthpiece

Give her a manager and book her like brock
Old 04-23-2021, 09:10 PM   #3213
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

She seems like a Paul Heyman guy

Old 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM   #3214
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Shayna once she's eventually away from nia, just needs a manager as a mouthpiece

Give her a manager and book her like brock
Baszler with Heyman.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:44 PM   #3215
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya that's the obvious one, once he is done with Roman I hope that's what they do. Would give a huge shot in the arm to the woman's division to have him involved.

MVP would be good too, expand the hurt business
Old 04-24-2021, 03:03 PM   #3216
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, MVP has been complete gold,

Having Shayna as part of the hurt business would be really interesting as long as her first role is destroying Nia. I mean I wanted that match between Tamina and Nia on Friday and I now need my bleeding eye balls replaced. Who thought that putting them in a one on one match was a good idea. Especially when people like Nicki Cross, and Bayley are literally on the sidelines.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:36 PM   #3217
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The one main reason for me to keep the network besides the old vintage matches and the ECW library is they really do an outstanding job in terms of documentaries. The latest 24 on the Miz is well worth the watch especially the segment on the talking smack with Daniel Bryan.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:54 AM   #3218
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I caught the A&E Biography the last couple weeks. Last week was Stone Cold and this week was Roddy Piper. It's been pretty good. I didn't learn a lot of new stuff with Stone Cold, except for the last couple years of his career when I wasn't as hooked on wrastlin'.

They also have a show right after where they send a retired superstar to go find some of his old gear or props for the archives. At the end of the season they're supposed to have some sort of announcement on this, likely a Hall of Fame or Museum where people can come to see all this stuff... the show is kinda like Pawn Stars meets Storage Wars with some biography splashed in. Nothing too enthralling but you get pulled in because you want to see what items they find and how much they pay for them.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:56 AM   #3219
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, the biographies haven't really done anything all that new. The Stone Cold one, was a rehash of a lot of other things I've heard or read.

I've recorded but haven't watched to other one yet.

Old 04-26-2021, 11:09 AM   #3220
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched the Piper one last night; really good documentary. Good lord that man had a gift for the gab. Right up there with Cena and Rock in terms of natural talent on the mic, IMO.

I'm hoping MJF is that next big diamond on the mic; he's certainly going that way fast. Such a rare, rare talent to have.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote