Old 12-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #21
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by czure32 View Post
what?!?!?
you're gonna have to speak up!

good win, a little sloppy, but they were able to answer back for all the stupid little mistakes that led to blues goals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Still can't get over how fast Pardy has figured out the NHL. Unbelievable growth in both zones.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...ighlight=pardy

My thoughts after the South Bay Blowout,

Now I realize Pardy has a funny little blunder today in the 1st, but overall, Pardy has shown far better poise then Giordano has and is in general, just more solid. Even in a blowout loss, I thought Pardy looked like a veteran out there, and Giordano looked like a skilled forward playing defense and working his butt off back there.

I'd like to say I was the first Pardy believer here

Pardy is just steady steady, just like Sarich.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #22
the_only_turek_fan
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Still can't get over how fast Pardy has figured out the NHL. Unbelievable growth in both zones.
He looked so lost in his first game vs. Vancouver. Now I would rank him #4 on our blue line.

He is even showing more confidence in the offensive zone. Today he tried to make a couple of plays as well.

And he is really making a habit of getting the puck out of the zone. Simple plays make defenceman look good.

Pardy, Aullie, Pelech, Negrin......no hot shots, but solid depth at the position.
the_only_turek_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
Pagal4321
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So much hatred....the Blues are kind of an odd team so I didn't expect it but I guess some of it spilled over from last game.

Iginla the Iginla of old. No, the Iginla of usual.

Pardy with a great game. Lundmark filled in well for Glencross. Didn't do anything stupid and managed a pretty nice assist.
Pretty much exactly what I would have to say about the game.
And to add, the PK is unreal!!!
Pagal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #24
Flash Walken
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go Flames Go.

Conroy had a whale of period. Iginla had a whale of a game. Sarich had a whale of a game. Regehr had a pretty good game. Phaneuf, Quietly effective.

I liked Keenan starting Lundmark on the first PP early in the game. He played well. Not well enough to stay over any player on our healthy roster (except perhaps the much maligned Andre Roy), but well enough that he didn't put the team in a hole. The game should've been 8 or 9-2. Iginla had some amazing passes in the first, to Cammalleri and then Langkow, on the same shift.

Pardy had a good game. I thought his pairing was the best on the night. Some may say that was because of Sarich, but his partner helped out big.

And, to top it all off, it's 7-1 Chicago over Edmonton. In Edmonton.

James Duthie, ''Yikes.''
https://streamable.com/dcxaz
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #25
Metro Gnome
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan21 View Post
When your best players play like your best players, it sure as hell looks a lot easier out there. Sarich and Aucoin were both beasts tonight. Lombardi perhaps finding his stride. For an injury recall, Lundmark didn't look out of place can still contribute in the NHL. Kipper was solid when he needed to be. Boyd is rotting on the 4th line with Roy, somebody save him!
Aucoin was pretty much the worst defenseman on the ice for the Flames - in the defensive zone at least.
Metro Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:17 PM   #26
flames4cup22
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Considering how he usually plays against the Wild, I don't know if he'll hold off until Friday.

It's hard to believe he's never had a five point game.

Yah it is very hard to believe i could swear i remember him getting 5 points a few times in his career
flames4cup22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #27
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

With a depleted line-up, why didn't the Blues play a much more simple defensive style? Hate to echo the Fan960 but in this case I think its very true.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #28
Captaincanada80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have no idea why but whenever I see Peter Lobarious (SP) reminds me of Snuffleupagus
Captaincanada80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #29
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

I have no problems with stomping on the Blues. They tried to goon it up a little, but unfortunately for them, they not only lack the talent to win games, but also to bully.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #30
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

I missed the first two periods of this game because Loubardias put me to sleep about 9 seconds after the opening face off.

Edit: ...and now I'm going to be up all night trying to figure out wtf Portoundo is saying.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #31
Lanny'sDaMan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default The Domination of Mason. Iggy Style.

First Period
All told a fine example of what the Flames must do to be successful. Everyone was passing well, making smart plays and hitting with authority. There were also some excellent periods of sustained pressure in the Blues zone, and the Flames looked hungry and dangerous all period long. Well if you ignore the first couple shifts. The ever amazing Miikka held the fort to get the Flames past that bit unscathed. Then it was a Flames hockey game. Even the neutral zone was a wall of White and Red as the Flames left o time or space for any one.
The power play was fantastic. They had very good sustained pressure and some beauty passing. Which of course resulted in some great shots, that Mason really had to work to get. But alas get them he did. The PP unit was also very good defensively chasing down an errant puck and denying the St Louis defenders a short handed chance. The PK was, again a thing of myth. There will be songs written of the glory that is our pk, stories told around fires. Yes they are simply that good.
A few players have caught my attention that frame. Iggy is on FIRE! Than is a man who intends to win this game, even if he has to do it by himself. Thankfully the rest of the team seems fire up too, so that isn’t the case. Moss is again everywhere at all times. I love how when he’s on the ice things happen! And Bertuzzi was great that frame, making smart passes and digging in the corner. Doing the gritty crap work we expect of him. Stay on it Todd!!

Second Period
A much less stellar period. Yes the Flames score a multitude of times. Yes the scoring came from all over the depth chart. Certainly there was moments of glory in that frame. But there was also a large amount of sloppy play, and piss poor decision making. Passes that had no business being attempted, and giveaways galore. Bad penalties as well, took their toll.
The power play was Fantastic. Yes I actually am praising the power play. They were that good. They had passing that was perfect. There was sustained pressure, and players were moving around the ice. And there was a goal. And it was good. Very good. Cammy finally got the puck into the net on yet another pass from the heavens and he didn’t even blink as he slapped that puck into the twine. Yeah, you the man Cammy!
The penalty kill was Miikka. He was really the best penalty killer. sure the first PP goal by the Blues was his fault, but he more than made up for it with his play since then. And to be fair Aucoin deserves a bit of flak for that abysmal pass attempt. Unless he meant to give it to Berglund, then it was picture perfect. Again with Aucoin taking a penalty with less than a minute to go and the Flames get the treat of starting the third with a 5 on 3.
Remember how I said in the first that Iggy didn’t have to carry this game by himself? Well thanks to Aucoin, Lombardi, and Cammy, he certainly doesn’t. Though it can be pointed out that Jarome has four points tonight so he’s been in on all but one of the goals. Good to see him fired up as there simply is no stopping him or the Flames when it happens. Miikka was a bit weak that period. I felt he should have had both goals. When you consider how he robbed the Blues at least 7 times on goals that should have been, there is no reason either weaksauce attempt that actually went in should have.
And the whole team needs to tighten up defensively again. They get playing too loosely and the Blues come at them in droves. When the Flames are solid defensively the neutral zone looks like a rush hour pile up on 16th Ave. As well it should. Get you poop together Flames. Of course a large amount of the venom in my comments is negated by the continual scoring of the Flames.

Third Period
The Third period should simply be called The Penalty Kill. Yes all in caps as the Flames killed off two separate 5 on 3 deficits to start out the first almost five minutes of the period. And the penalties kept coming. The disciplined play seemed to have evaporated as hot heads took over on the ice on both sides. Though I have to give my man Sarich some serious love. Sarich has been a demon all game long and good on him for pulping Jansen not only once but TWICE!!
As I said the penalty kill was again perfect on the score sheet that frame. But the real story is Miikka standing on his ear during the 5 on 3’s and then the great shot blocking of Regher and Aucoin kept up the job. Also of note was a great bit of salesman ship by Adrian as he embellished his fall just a bit to negate the seventh penalty. The power play got abit of work at the very end of the game, and had some great passing and good solid pressure. Too bad they couldn’t convert and get Iggy his 800th career point.

Overall Impressions
A good game. Not the most solid regarding defensive play. Certainly nice from the final tally though. Our Valiant Warriors certainly came to take a win tonight and they played with fire. Iginla was superb this entire game, and looking every inch the superstar elite player he is. Lombardi was also fantastic as was anyone wearing a flaming C. Sarich was absolutely magnificent tonight. Seriously a couple assists and two fights? Both of which were against Flames Public Enemy Number One Jansen. Right On! Lundmark was also very good tonight. Just wanted to give him a small shout as he played with great tenacity and it’s always nice to see him in the Flaming C.
It’s so nice to see not only Flames win a game they should, but for the scoring to come from everywhere like it did. Certainly watching Iggy take over a game is entertaining, but it’s just so much more when everyone decides it’s a night for goals. I did notice though, that with more goals came a very open neutral zone. And the Blues did take shameless advantage of any opening they found. This is something that I can ignore when we keep outscoring the opponents, but it’s a a sure recipe for disaster.

Three Stars By Me
1. Jarome Iginla
2. Corey Sarich
3. Craig Conroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Gio-Brodie is a top three defense pair in the world. Fullstop. Only other two on the same tier are Vlasic-Karlsson and Ekholm-Subban. Quote me on it.
Lanny'sDaMan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #32
Flame On
Franchise Player

Exp:

-Keep it coming Iggy!
-Good games by most everyone, though Aucoin sure had a couple of seizures.
-Roy. Think I'm more settling into the camp that thinks he's usless. Sure he isn't a skating liability but he doesn't really do that well and doesn't fight well, a jack of two trades but master of none.
-Great to see Lombardi keep coming on and I thought he really had some great passes tonight, not the horse blinders on.
-Nice to see Langkow, Bertuzzi and Lundmark play well and get rewarded.
-Thought Kipper might have liked a couple of those back, but not his fault over all.
-What a POS Janssen is, man he makes me yearn for Oliwa.
Insulted Other Member(s)
Don't insult other members; even if they are Canuck fans.
Flame On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #33
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

After tonight, Calgary is #4 in the league for PK. Nice work boys!
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #34
rockstar
Franchise Player

Exp:

A good win for the Flames. Good job continually snuffing Blues comeback attempts by scoring goals of their own.
My three stars:

1. Iginla
2. Sarich
3. Lombardi
3. Pardy

Kiprusoff was big when he had to be. Considering there were 9 goals scored, there was some impressive goaltending on both sides.

Flames continue to make some bad defensive decisions lately, which is disappointing. But perhaps the biggest disappointment tonight was Machiavelli's colossal lack of "killer instinct" in the game thread. Leading by as many as 20 posts at one point in the game, Machiavelli's performance dwindled and any hopes of victory were thwarted by a late post-rally from Pagal, who sealed the inaugural (and maybe only) "CP Poster Posting Challenge" victory, racking up an impressive 65 posts, many of them late.

Machiavelli finished with 62 posts, a significant let-down after posting no fewer than 50 times through two periods of play. Machiavelli posts were few and far between in the late stages of the match as Pagal4321WIN sealed an improbable comeback triumph.

rockstar finished well back in 3rd place with 43 posts, but was disqualified after it was ruled that too many of his posts were completely useless and did nothing but pollute a decent game thread. He also may have been drunk on something called "boredom."

I did have a natural bag trick though! Three embarrassing posts in a row!

rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #35
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 12-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #36
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I liked Keenan starting Lundmark on the first PP early in the game. He played well. Not well enough to stay over any player on our healthy roster (except perhaps the much maligned Andre Roy), but well enough that he didn't put the team in a hole.
I'd have absolutely no qualms with Lundmark filling in permanently for Roy on the fourth line. Talk about useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Gnome View Post
Aucoin was pretty much the worst defenseman on the ice for the Flames - in the defensive zone at least.
Nothing new there.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:27 PM   #37
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

PARDTY TIME!! haha. Sloppy couple periods, but it made it interesting! Kipper played well, The D really looked a little rough out there... well, besides our 3rd pairing, Sarich and Pardy are playing great!!

On Lundie, he didnt look out of place, and i think he actually played better than Bertuzzi. Good to see Sutter picked up a decent guy that can come in and play a couple games for anyone really (well besides Iginla).

Quiet night for Bourque. Guess he needed a rest after carrying the team with Glennie for the last couple games.

Its a qin though, and thats all that counts!
jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:27 PM   #38
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
Flames continue to make some bad defensive decisions lately, which is disappointing. But perhaps the biggest disappointment tonight was Machiavelli's colossal lack of "killer instinct" in the game thread. Leading by as many as 20 posts at one point in the game, Machiavelli's performance dwindled and any hopes of victory were thwarted by a late post-rally from Pagal, who sealed the inaugural (and maybe only) "CP Poster Posting Challenge" victory, racking up an impressive 65 posts, many of them late.

Machiavelli finished with 62 posts, a significant let-down after posting no fewer than 50 times through two periods of play. Machiavelli posts were few and far between in the late stages of the match as Pagal4321WIN sealed an improbable comeback triumph.

rockstar finished well back in 3rd place with 43 posts, but was disqualified after it was ruled that too many of his posts were completely useless and did nothing but pollute a decent game thread. He also may have been drunk on something called "boredom."
I don't even know what to say to this.

Hope you've got some aspirin, buddy.. You're gonna need it in the morning
Old 12-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #39
Flame On
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_turek_fan View Post
He looked so lost in his first game vs. Vancouver. Now I would rank him #4 on our blue line.

He is even showing more confidence in the offensive zone. Today he tried to make a couple of plays as well.

And he is really making a habit of getting the puck out of the zone. Simple plays make defenceman look good.

Pardy, Aullie, Pelech, Negrin......no hot shots, but solid depth at the position.
Yeah I caught those moves, looked like he's been watching Gio or Phaneuf. Damn that Sutter and his drafting...if he can get even half way decent starts like Pardy who then learn from the likes of Reg and Dion, what a recipe!
Insulted Other Member(s)
Don't insult other members; even if they are Canuck fans.
Flame On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #40
Captaincanada80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post

Edit: ...and now I'm going to be up all night trying to figure out wtf Portoundo is saying.
Portoundo has screwed up like 42 times in his 10 minute post game session... No, the waterbottle didn't pop up. No it was 4-4 going to overtime in the Washington game. Enough with the "Puck in Net" comments... All I want for Xmas is a new broadcasting team from the network who broadcasts 52 Flames games/year.

My favorite part is I turn it to TSN casue I can't watch Sportsnet possible any longer only to see the Oilers losing 7-1 two-thirds through the game... How sweet it is

Last edited by Captaincanada80; 12-16-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Captaincanada80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blues , flames , post game