Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #701
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here is a slightly cleaned up version of the livestream multicrew gameplay video. A better one will be posted by CIG themselves at some point.

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nehkara For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #702
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you want to watch the entire Gamescom presentation in good quality you can find it here:

Old 08-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #703
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is an awesome video from a very talented community member known as AnythingFPS, AKA I-Pearl-I:

Old 08-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #704
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last edited by Nehkara; 08-28-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #705
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 09-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #706
Codes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Big patch today with a bunch of features! Can't wait to check it out. It's a 14gb download, though!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:43 AM   #707
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fantastic fan trailer:

Old 12-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #708
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

And now the official version of the Imagine trailer:

Other things of note:

Cutlass Commercial

M50 Commercial

Mustang Commercial

Persistent Universe Demo

FPS Demo

Star Citizen will break $68 million in crowdfunding by the end of the year.

Arena Commander V1.0 is out and has added a ton to the game but they are having issues with their servers, engineers at CIG Austin are working around the clock to get things sorted out.

2015 will be big for Star Citizen, adding the Planetside/Social and FPS modules in the first half of the year, and AC 2.0, Squadron 42 Episode 1 in the second half of the year... with the Persistent Universe Alpha and Squadron 42 Episode 2 possibly squeaking in right at the end of 2015.

Last edited by Nehkara; 12-22-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:25 PM   #709
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know that I co-founded a Star Citizen fansite called INN:

If you have any questions about Star Citizen let me know and I'd be happy to help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nehkara For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #710
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

So is there going to be CP community or fleet or anything? I don't know who to play with or play for when it finally goes live.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #711
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Valkyrie's combat looks a million times better than Star Citizen. I hope one day there'll be a game with largescale battles that's popular.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:28 AM   #712
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 06-17-2015, 01:29 AM   #713
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
Valkyrie's combat looks a million times better than Star Citizen. I hope one day there'll be a game with largescale battles that's popular.
What? Valkyrie is a glorified FPS. It looks like awful space combat. Star Citizen is the only game proposing to do space combat properly.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #714
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
Careful AcGold, you are treading on thin ice when talking to people who have spent hundreds and thousands of dollars on a game they haven't even really played yet. That's like playing with their emotions.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #715
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Star Citizen is the perfect example of how not to develop a video game. Wasn't the original goal something like 2.1 million? And still no game. They've let feature creep and stretch goals derail the hell out this thing. But hey, if you fork over another $400 you get yourself a fancy ship. Maybe. Eventually?
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #716
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

That they have raised over 80 million from customers, not investors, pre-paying for the game and certain perks, and are missing delivery promises, this is starting to look to be heading in the direction that happened with Daikatana or Duke Nukem. Massive promises, minor delivery. They said they could do the game they always wanted with just a few million, well they should have delivered by now. This looks bad. Some people are shelling out hundreds of dollars for ships in a game that might end up being no good or not delivered as promised. I'm glad I'm not one of them. I'll wait for full retail before deciding whether to buy.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:40 PM   #717
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I've given up on it. Star Citizen was the first public backer project I actually believed in and put money towards. I was excited, bought all the hype, but month after month and now year after year they've moved so slowly, and instead of working on the core game and delivering what they promised they've spent so much time on extra crap that no one asked for

I think SC will go down as what can happen when a crowd funded project is TOO successful. Cloud Imperium has grown so big and they have so many different teams working on SC that I don't even know if they realize what they're supposed to be building anymore
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #718
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Star Citizen has been pretty good to me. The grey market allowed me to make ~$250 bucks over what I originally paid, and I still have 2 game packages just in case it's a real game some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #719
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

The original game they pitched, that was 100% doable. But the game has ballooned into a monstrosity that has zero chance of being released. Why the hell are they wasting time and resources making an FPS module? People backed the game for a space combat sim. Make that game first, release it and then plan expansions.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #720
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
The original game they pitched, that was 100% doable. But the game has ballooned into a monstrosity that has zero chance of being released. Why the hell are they wasting time and resources making an FPS module? People backed the game for a space combat sim. Make that game first, release it and then plan expansions.
That is exactly what was supposed to happen, but then the money train started rolling and they started building everything at once and everytime someone had an idea they just started rolling with it without anyone asking the question if they should. Here's an example from the SC sub-reddit, this actually happened

Quote:
An example for you - how a simple NPC taxi service idea blew out of proportion into the latest concept sale...
"Ok, so we've identified a potential gap to close: if a player's ship is destroyed or otherwise inaccessible and they need to get from one place or another, we need some way for them to do that, so let's make a public transit system so that players can ride along in passenger transport ships."
"Oh, so we're going to need to design some passenger transport ships then, okay we'll get on that. We might as well throw it up as an option for the backer-decided ship polls; if it does well then we can make it player-flyable."
"Well the ship got voted in, so now we are working on it. We are going to have to fully flesh it out for flight now rather than it just being an NPC ship, so it will take some time. We'll call it the Genesis Starliner. It will be used to move people around!"
"Who would have thought that carrying passengers around from point A to point B would be boring? Looks like we need to design some stuff to make this gameplay actually fun. How about a bartender mini-game? Yeah, that totally belongs in a space sim. Build it! That won't be enough though, let's also throw in a mechanic where you have to repeatedly replace spare parts that look like servers. We're in this mini-game thing deep enough already, why not go whole hog right?"
"You know, what if there are people who don't want to do that mini-game stuff? Maybe we should make some variants of the Starliner for other purposes, I mean it isn't like we have tons of other features we already need to be working on. Let's get thinking on those variants! Clearly we need a military variant of this ship because reasons. What else could we sell people?"
"How about a 'Luxury' one? I mean like more 'Luxury'. Better get to work on that too..."
Ridiculous
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote