Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #461
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_flame View Post
I'm just saying if you want to be with the big boys of the nhl you win these games. There is no point working our balls off to beat Chicago when we battles to lose a game like this with 0 fight.
End of a 5 game road trip, riddled with injuries, very inexperienced roster, streaking opponent.

I think you're reading way too much into this as an indicator.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #462
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
I would not characterize the Flames' effort as zero fight. I thought there was a lot of effort tonight.
9 times out of 10 this team fights. Not tonight in my opinion. No hits not one flame could control the puck the whole night. Dumb penalties and bad goaltending. Put this game and the past and respond properly and smash arizona, that's all we can do
scottish_flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #463
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

The PK looked bad tonight. Couldn't get to the puck, couldn't get it out. I'd like to see JG on it. The high fwd doesn't need to bang - he needs to intercept and make a smart play, and that's his game.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #464
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Flames Fan View Post
Now I'm curious. With Baertschi having a virus, and playing on Setoguchi's line, is there any way we should have expected more from him? I want to see him playing with someone else when he returns.
His poor play didn't look to me to be because of Byron or Setoguchi. Maybe the virus.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #465
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_flame View Post
I'm just saying if you want to be with the big boys of the nhl you win these games. There is no point working our balls off to beat Chicago when we battles to lose a game like this with 0 fight.
You point makes no sense, you could literally say what you said after every single game. Yes, you need to show up every night to win the NHL, blah blah. Every team loses some games.

Not saying anyone should take this loss laying down or make excuses, but there is nothing about a game in Carolina on a Monday night at the tail end of a road trip against a streaking team and us coming of a win that makes this anymore of a "yardstick" or "show em what your made of game" than any other on the 82 game schedule. In fact if anything, it's as average and as regular or as everyday as a game can get.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winwinwinwin