Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #81
shotinthebacklund
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I dont blame “ low quality shots” for anything. Saw alot more issues tonight with making low quality passes if anything
shotinthebacklund is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shotinthebacklund For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #82
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

2 games in a row Peters goes with these "i got a hunch" type moves in the shootout. I'd rather just see us win or lose with our best. I feel like Gaudreau and Lindholm have some of the most skill on the team and haven't been in either shootout.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #83
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

We may never win again!
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #84
Darth Tkachuk
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Definitely in a funk. They looked flat again. A game where Smith actually played pretty well, and they found a way to flush it. Time for the leaders in the room to start holding guys accountable, and get this righted before it completely falls off the rails.
Darth Tkachuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #85
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Not score on a heap of breakaways?
I'm not sure I would go that route, how about instilling some confidence?

Team is in a slump, this is Florida!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #86
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m finding myself feeling fairly unconcerned about this skid. We were bound to have one at some point, and it makes sense to me that it’s occurred after the break when we go on some difficult road trips that literally has us bouncing back and forth across the continent.

On top of that, I actually thought the Flames outplayed the Sharks, the Nucks and the Panthers. In the former too IMO they ran into hot goalies and didn’t get good goaltending themselves. Tonight I though they made Rimer look good, and just need to convert on more of their chances. Nice to see Smith play well and not too concerned tgat the Flames are simply losing a few here where they probably could have had a better fate.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cleveland Steam Whistle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #87
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
Neal has been better of late, maybe you could hope Neal's injury isn't too serious? But no, hope for a trade! I just don't get the logic sometimes.

I'd rather see a trade when they are playing well (position of strength), rather than a trade of desperation, which is what is bound to happen now.
I mean, I obviously hope Neal is all right. I don't like seeing anyone injured and I hope he's back to full health soon.

However, Neal being "better of late" doesn't mean much when he's tracking for a 7-goal season. The Flames need a legitimate offensive player to complete their top-six. An unintended consequence of Neal's injury could be Treliving making a move to shore up the wing position, catalysed by his absence.

Either way, the Flames don't have a lot of time to heat up before the trade deadline anyway. It's in ten days. They should be adding, and they should be doing so as quickly as possible.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #88
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackey View Post
2 games in a row Peters goes with these "i got a hunch" type moves in the shootout. I'd rather just see us win or lose with our best. I feel like Gaudreau and Lindholm have some of the most skill on the team and haven't been in either shootout.

How Lindholm doesn’t get into either shootout makes no sense. Oh well, we can talk about this until we are blue in the face. It’s a damn shootout and it’s so damn frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #89
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
The Penguins are gonna kill us
Hopefully Malkin and Matta are still out...

Calgary shouldn't need motivation considering the drubbing they put on us last game...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #90
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Sure, but there were better options if you ask me. Janko, Bennett, Backlund, Lindholm...
In theory. Since 2015:

Janko 0/2
Bennett 0/4
Backlund 0/3
Lindholm 0/5
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #91
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is with the hate for Mangiapane?

The kid has been a scorer all throughout his career. He profiles as a scorer. Just because he is on the "fourth line" doesn't mean he's a no talent plugger. He's on the "fourth line" because the coaches are making him earn more ice.

I thought he has been one of the better forwards during this stretch and that explains why Peters is giving him more ice lately.

Obviously the kid is used in the shootout lots in the AHL and has had some success. I'm sure Huska has let Peters know what type of player Mangiapane is and the type of success he has in shootouts at the AHL level.

The kid is earning the coach's trust and is getting more and more ice time.

I don't understand why so many think he has no skill. His skills are evident. He lacks size, but he's super competitive. He gets knocked down easily, but he pops back up fast and re-engages. He's had some good scoring chances and hasn't finished, but the skills are clearly there. How many Flames have been able to score a goal like he did against Vancouver?

I bet Mangiapane would be more effective on the powerplay than Bennett and Ryan and even Backlund.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #92
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
We may never win again!
We've become the Buffalo Sabres of the west.
Mathgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:08 PM   #93
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Making bad teams look good far to often lately.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yobbo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:08 PM   #94
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

A lot of corsis and idiotic decision making in the shootout. And a point we needed tossed away, at a time when we really needed it.

They just need to get better. At least Smith played decent.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:08 PM   #95
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Team is 2nd guessing themselves instead of those bang bang goal plays it's wait, pass, wait.......wait......wait.....shoot.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #96
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

And like the Canucks, the Panthers will go on to lose multiple games after this one with suddenly suspect goaltending.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:10 PM   #97
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Panthers 3 Flames 2 SO loss

Well the flames have an identical record to the sharks now. Sucks they lost their lead but it’s not all bad. Even in this slump they are picking up points. Can’t wait for them to get back on home ice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #98
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Team is 2nd guessing themselves instead of those bang bang goal plays it's wait, pass, wait.......wait......wait.....shoot.
Yeah, I see a lot of this. It looked to me like they were really in their own heads these last two games. Part of it is the streak itself, but I also think part of it is the schedule. Things will be better after this road trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:12 PM   #99
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Mangiapane's attempt was better than Tkachuk's at least.

Hell I think I could have made a better attempt than Tkachuk. That was how disappointed with his try I was.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:12 PM   #100
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I mean, I obviously hope Neal is all right. I don't like seeing anyone injured and I hope he's back to full health soon.

However, Neal being "better of late" doesn't mean much when he's tracking for a 7-goal season. The Flames need a legitimate offensive player to complete their top-six. An unintended consequence of Neal's injury could be Treliving making a move to shore up the wing position, catalysed by his absence.

Either way, the Flames don't have a lot of time to heat up before the trade deadline anyway. It's in ten days. They should be adding, and they should be doing so as quickly as possible.
Ok, then I apologize for my misunderstanding. Your first post on the topic to me read "Cool Neal is out, now we might get to see a trade, Yay".

edit: maybe my old man brain read it in a young whippersnapper tone. my bad
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote