Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-28-2019, 08:21 AM   #81
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I can only assume they finally found one too many bodies.
They should make that a Safe Injection Site. You know....sort of 'Bring the Mountain to Mohammad.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:52 PM   #82
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well saw the guy again, rode by on his bike said "hey sunshine" kept riding. Immediately phoned the police non emergency line, reported where I saw him and mentioned the previous incident again. Gave a good description, was told since I wasn't hurt in the original incident all they can do is circulate and tell him to have better manners next time.....I was floored that this is what type of help you get from the police after an attempted assault and harassment by an aggressive panhandler. Guess I'll have to be more aggressive myself next time someone tries something similar.
LouCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #83
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey Sunshine is not harassment and a reportable event to the police.

I’m surprised though that the police would treat the consequence of the assault as a reason to treat this complaint differently.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 07:55 PM   #84
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Hey Sunshine is not harassment
Sorry should clarify was not referring to that as harassment but the previous aggressive panhandling that this guy has done to me in the past including the rock throwing incident.
The Following User Says Thank You to LouCypher For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 09-12-2019, 08:51 PM   #85
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I hate bums as much as the next guy and the original incident is kinda scary and definitely annoying, but honestly, I think you're the crazy person in this scenario. I don't know what you think the cops can do about this. Like, what are you looking for here? You know they can't take him to jail, right? A fine or a ticket isn't going to do anything since there's no way he can or would pay. A stern talking to won't help. That's it. That is all of their tools and none of them will dissuade this guy. It's just part of living in a city. Ignore it, suck it up and move on. Calling the police is a waste of your time and theirs.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 09:14 PM   #86
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I hate bums as much as the next guy and the original incident is kinda scary and definitely annoying, but honestly, I think you're the crazy person in this scenario. I don't know what you think the cops can do about this. Like, what are you looking for here? You know they can't take him to jail, right? A fine or a ticket isn't going to do anything since there's no way he can or would pay. A stern talking to won't help. That's it. That is all of their tools and none of them will dissuade this guy. It's just part of living in a city. Ignore it, suck it up and move on. Calling the police is a waste of your time and theirs.
I would say I am extremely far from being the crazy person in this scenario.Although its very humorous to me that you see it that way.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2019, 09:24 PM   #87
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

"Recently, while out for a walk in Nose Hill Park, in broad daylight on a paved trail, two young men approached my wife and me. The men stepped in front of us, then said in a very aggressive tone: 'Been to the Stampede yet?'" he wrote.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...171104507.html
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #88
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCypher View Post
I would say I am extremely far from being the crazy person in this scenario.Although its very humorous to me that you see it that way.

Okay, what did you expect the police to do today when you called them?
Old 09-12-2019, 09:55 PM   #89
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I said good morning to someone on the elevator today. Thanking my lucky stars the police weren’t called.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #90
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Call me crazy but I bet this guy doesn’t even remember you from the first incident. This isn’t him targeting you over and over.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #91
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

When Sliver thinks you're overreacting to an annoyance, you know you really should take a step back and reconsider your life choices.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:00 PM   #92
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Okay, what did you expect the police to do today when you called them?
I didnt expect much at all actually, but why let him ride around thinking he could do it again without at least calling them to follow up and report I saw him again. Perhaps there's been other incidents.I would say if anything the fact he couldnt be charged with anything for throwing a rock surprised me. Otherwise Im not sure what you or anyone elses bloody problem with all this is.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:02 PM   #93
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Call me crazy but I bet this guy doesn’t even remember you from the first incident. This isn’t him targeting you over and over.
He absolutely remembers me, not sure why you think otherwise. Ive seen him dozens of times.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:03 PM   #94
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He absolutely remembers me, not sure why you think otherwise. Ive seen him dozens of times.

Because he is a homeless guy out riding around everyday? How many people has he seen dozens of times?

I think you’re overreacting this time, sunshine.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #95
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
When Sliver thinks you're overreacting to an annoyance, you know you really should take a step back and reconsider your life choices.
I would say that many people are reading far to much into my posts. Im pretty calm and collected and move on with my day. Its not that big a deal I can laugh about it but I feel piled by people by posting about it. So what if I call the cops and file a complaint then follow up on it. Its my right to do so. I will leave this thread be and move on with my day. Sorry for the bother.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:07 PM   #96
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
I didnt expect much at all actually, but why let him ride around thinking he could do it again without at least calling them to follow up and report I saw him again. Perhaps there's been other incidents.I would say if anything the fact he couldnt be charged with anything for throwing a rock surprised me. Otherwise Im not sure what you or anyone elses bloody problem with all this is.

Report him, eh? And where do you think that report goes and what good does it do? I'd love to hear you logic out what happens with the hot tip you called in and how it moves down the chain to reach a cop in a cruiser and what exactly you think the cop is going to do once he finds the guy. You honestly called the cops today to tell them somebody called you sunshine. You're a lunatic.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:10 PM   #97
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Report him, eh? And where do you think that report goes and what good does it do? I'd love to hear you logic out what happens with the hot tip you called in and how it moves down the chain to reach a cop in a cruiser and what exactly you think the cop is going to do once he finds the guy. You honestly called the cops today to tell them somebody called you sunshine. You're a lunatic.
You are exaggerating. I expect that you are looking for a fight so find someone else to namecall and pick on please.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #98
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Now I'm picking on you. lol, you're quite the victim.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #99
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
You are exaggerating. I expect that you are looking for a fight so find someone else to namecall and pick on please. I also did not call the police to report that he called me sunshine. No need to twist my words to suit your need to argue.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:14 PM   #100
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would say that many people are reading far to much into my posts. Im pretty calm and collected and move on with my day. Its not that big a deal I can laugh about it but I feel piled by people by posting about it. So what if I call the cops and file a complaint then follow up on it. Its my right to do so. I will leave this thread be and move on with my day. Sorry for the bother.

Being "floored" that the cops aren't aggressively following up from today's non incident (which was related to a more stern incident weeks ago by the same nomadic vagrant) is the tone of your post of which people in this thread are picking up and "piling on".
browna is offline   Reply With Quote