Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #141
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow. I do not think I have ever been this legitimately concerned for someone I have never actually met. Sincerely wish you all the best Bingo/ D'Arcy. I truly value your msg board, and your message posts.

Last edited by Yrebmi; 05-25-2018 at 11:39 PM.
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:04 PM   #142
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Kick some cancer butt, Bingo. Sending positive vibes your way. You got this!
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:19 PM   #143
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Sorry to hear this Bingo. Best of luck in your battle.

I didn’t hear what was said on the radio, does anyone have a quote? Would be interested to see if he even wanted it broadcast to the world?
D'Arcy thanked Boomer on Twitter for what it's worth:
https://twitter.com/user/status/1000028573296607232
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2018, 11:24 PM   #144
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:

Stay positive and strong D'Arcy as you have a huge band of brothers and sisters supporting you!

Praying for a full and speedy recovery.
iamca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #145
Stupid
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Wishing you great health and good luck.
Stupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:32 AM   #146
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Best of luck, and wishing you a speedy recovery.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:21 AM   #147
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

We're all rooting for you, Bingo.
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:44 AM   #148
Owen15
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

F cancer

MOD EDIT: edited Inappropriate language

Last edited by KootenayFlamesFan; 05-26-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Owen15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:51 AM   #149
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sorry to hear of this. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and cure!
Steve Bozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:19 AM   #150
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Good luck with the treatment
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:49 AM   #151
Mattman
First Line Centre

Exp:

You're a tremendous person Bingo. Best wishes and kick cancers ass!!
Old 05-26-2018, 09:16 AM   #152
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

All the best Bingo!
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:22 AM   #153
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good luck Bingo! Sending positive vibes.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #154
Shin Pad
First Line Centre

Exp:

Good luck Bingo!! Hope everything goes well for you.
Shin Pad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #155
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

First off a huge thank you to everyone, reading these eight pages was moving for me, but also for my wife and my father going through it from his place in BC.

It's an amazing feeling to be part of a community where you can hammer each other month in and month out, but when the gloves are dropped you have a lineup forming behind you.

My wife did an amazing thing putting Boomer in the loop because she could see I was putting the web site thing off in not letting everyone in on what was going on. I had to say something, but starting a post on your own health seemed like a pity party. Her reaching out, Boomer doing such a wonderful job got it out not only here but for the rest of my commodity trading world so there will be less questions asked from everyone with change that is sure to come.

The short of it? I'm lucky. Very very lucky.

They are treating me as a unicorn in that I have developed breast cancer which is extremely rare in men, but hereditary as it took my mother from me when I was 18. And a unicorn because I'm younger than most male cases, in fighting shape to battle it and I caught it very early. The mystical thing for me is how I caught it. We have a place in Windermere, but I grew up there in the summers with my mom, my best times as a child. I was out there in September doing some work in our house when I rammed some ply wood into my breast plate causing a searing hot pain through my body. That led to a lump and then an ultra sound a week after the Boomer/Warrener hockey draft. Without that injury I may have been much further along.

Today I'm 24 hours into chemo treatment number one and doing very well. My wife won't let me do a thing but she's brilliant in knowing just what I need when I need it steering me clear of having to toss up whatever I've eaten through the right drink, or getting air, or walking me around.

The bone scan, CT and MRI all came back negative (which is positive) so this is curable, and I will beat this.

How can I not with this army behind me.

Thank you all again.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 444 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
---Hatrick---, 14, 1Nite, 3rd Degree, 3thirty, 420since1974, 8sPOT, AC, agulati, ah123, alan21, albertGQ, alexle, AltaGuy, Anduril, arsenal, Art Vandelay, atb, Azhouse, Bagor, Bar-Down, Barnet Flame, bax, Baxter Renegade, bc-chris, belsarius, BeltlineFan, Benched, Beninho, Bezer, Biff, BigFlameDog, Blankcanvas, Blixa, BloodFetish, bluck, Boblobla, Boreal, Bourque's Twin, Brad Marsh, Braden, Brodie66, Browndog71, BruceCody, brzeisk13, btimbit, bubbsy, Buff, Burner, Burninator, BurningSteel, burn_this_city, c.t.ner, Caged Great, calf, Calgary4LIfe, calgarybornnraised, CalgaryFan1988, calgaryred, calgarywinning, Calgary_81, Cali Panthers Fan, calumniate, Camazon, cam_wmh, Captain Hair, CaptainCrunch, CaptainYooh, CASe333, cavalera403, Cecil Terwilliger, Charcot, Chingas, Chip Hilton, Chris Biotti, chummer, CKPThunder, Classic_Sniper, Clever_Iggy, CMPunk, coaster, CofR, Cole436, Completely, Con-Roy!, crapshoot, CrispyGriz, CroFlames, CrunchBite, CRXguy, CSharp, CsInMyBlood, cupofjoe, Cycling76er, cznTiburon, D as in David, Dajazz, DaQwiz, davidbjordan, DazzlinDino, Deegee, deejay829, Delthefunky, DeluxeMoustache, Demaeon, dercoch, devo22, DigitalCarpenter, Dion, Displaced Flames fan, dissentowner, dobbles, Doc Hudson, Domoic, doncherry, DownhillGoat, DownInFlames, Draug, drewtastic, DrJ, droopydrew19, DropIt, dustygoon, DynamRyan, EldrickOnIce, Enoch Root, Eric, Eric Vail, Erick Estrada, Esoteric, etc, Eubee, FacePaint, FanIn80, FBI, FCAV, Finger Cookin, FireFly, Flambé, flambers, FlameFan21, Flames Fan, Ph.D., flamesfan1297, FlamesFanTrev, flamesfever, Flamesguy_SJ, FlamesNation23, FLAMESRULE, flamesrule_kipper34, Flames_F.T.W, flame^thrower, Flickered Flame, foofighter15, ForeverFlameFan, foshizzle11, Francis's Hairpiece, Frank MetaMusil, Fransken, Fredrik, Freeway, Funkhouser, FurnaceFace, Fuzz, Galakanokis, Gallick, gallione11, Gaskal, getbak, getoverit, GioforPM, GirlySports, Gizmo, GoFlamesGo89, GoJetsGo, Gondi Stylez, GranteedEV, Gravitykillr, GreenHardHat, GreenLantern, Greybeard, greyshep, griever, Groot, Guitar Shop Gary, guzzy, H2SO4(aq), habernac, HalifaxDrunk, Hanna Sniper, hatty, Heavy Jack, heep223, Hey Connor, It's Mess, HitterD, hixxes, Hockey, Hockey Fan #751, Hockey-and_stuff, Hockeyguy15, HockeyKhan, Homer_J, Homeslice, Human Torch, Huntingwhale, I wanna be like Miikka, I-Hate-Hulse, iamca, IamNotKenKing, Icon, Iggy_12, iggy_oi, ignite09, IgnitedSoul, Incogneto, indes, Inferno099, InglewoodFan, Itse, I_H8_Crawford, J epworth, J79, Jay Random, jayswin, Jbo, Jeff Lebowski, Jetfire, jg13, Jiggy_12, Jiri Hrdina, jlemire, JMN, Joborule, joejoe3, JoelOtto29, Johnny Makarov, JohnnyB, JonDuke, jonkaupp, Jordan!, josef, Julio, justing, ken0042, kermitology, Kerplunk, KevanGuy, KevinKlineReadingABook, Khel, killer_carlson, Kipper is King, kirant, KiwiFlame, kkaleR, Knut, kobasew19, KootenayFlamesFan, lambeburger, Lanny'sDaMan, Lanny_McDonald, Larry David, lazypucker, LChoy, loob job, looooob, Loosh, Lord Carnage, Lumby Lager, M*A*S*H 4077, ma-skis.com, Machiavelli, mac_82, Madman, Mango, Mass_nerder, Matata, Mathalete, Mattman, Mazrim, McG, mdubz, mikeecho, mikephoen, mile, MillerTime GFG, Minnie, miraisoup, MissTeeks, mivdo, MJK, MolsonInBothHands, Momo, MoneyGuy, Moneyhands23, monkeyman, Mr.Coffee, MrButtons, Murph, Mustache, N-E-B, Nammer403, Nandric, Nehkara, nik-, no_joke, Number 39, nwflamesfan, OBCT, Oil Stain, Old Yeller, OldDutch, OldSam, oldschoolcalgary, ooogabooga, pagébonquiqui, Party Elephant, Peanut, PegCityFlamesFan, PepsiFree, Phaneufenstein, photon, Point Blank, Pointman, PostandIn, prarieboy, prizefighterinferno, Prufrock, psyang, Puppet Guy, rayne008, Reaper, Red Slinger, redforever, Redliner, ReinhartonD, Resolute 14, Rick M., Rjcsjc62, Roast Beef, robbie111, roberts10, robertsfanatic, rockstar, rogermexico, Royle9, Rtown, Rubber Ducky, Rubicant, Rulakir, Russic, Ruttiger, Ryan Coke, Saint Troy, Samonadreau, Sample00, Saqe, savardandjokinen, Save Us Sutter, saXon, schteve_d, Scornfire, Scroopy Noopers, SeanCharles, Seitse, Senator Clay Davis, shadowlord, Shawn_Cronin44, Shin Pad, sicsun, Sidney Crosby's Hat, six pack, Skaloper, Slacker, Slasher, Slava, smiggy77, SmoggyFlamesFan, Snuffleupagus, socalwingfan, Split98, SportsJunky, StAlbertFlame, Star-Lord, stazzy33, Steve Bozek, Stillman16, Stochansky, Stormchaser, Strange Brew, Stud_McCool, Stupid, Superflyer, Superfraggle, surferguy, Sutter_in_law, Suzles, Sylvanfan, t0rrent98, Table 5, Tbull8, Tensen, terryclancy, tete, Textcritic, The Cobra, The Original FFIV, the2bears, TheCommodoreAfro, TheIronMaiden, ThePrince, TheScorpion, Tilley, timbit, TimSJ, tkflames, tknez16, Toonage, topfiverecords, transplant99, Travis Munroe, tremorchrist, Treycal, Tron_fdc, trublmaker, tvp2003, Tyler, UKflames, united, username, verda13, Vinny01, Vox, White Out 403, WhiteTiger, wired, woob, Wormius, wretched34, wwkayaker, Yrebmi, zarrell, ZedMan, Zulu29, zuluking, zztim81
Old 05-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #156
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

You are Archer!

Best of luck Bingo!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2018, 10:29 AM   #157
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Best of luck, Bingo! Hope things work out and you'll beat the cancer. We're all behind you on this one.
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #158
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Kick its ass seabass!
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:44 AM   #159
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

CP is behind you Bingo. Go kick this cancer’s ass.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:48 AM   #160
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
First off a huge thank you to everyone, reading these eight pages was moving for me, but also for my wife and my father going through it from his place in BC.

It's an amazing feeling to be part of a community where you can hammer each other month in and month out, but when the gloves are dropped you have a lineup forming behind you.

My wife did an amazing thing putting Boomer in the loop because she could see I was putting the web site thing off in not letting everyone in on what was going on. I had to say something, but starting a post on your own health seemed like a pity party. Her reaching out, Boomer doing such a wonderful job got it out not only here but for the rest of my commodity trading world so there will be less questions asked from everyone with change that is sure to come.

The short of it? I'm lucky. Very very lucky.

They are treating me as a unicorn in that I have developed breast cancer which is extremely rare in men, but hereditary as it took my mother from me when I was 18. And a unicorn because I'm younger than most male cases, in fighting shape to battle it and I caught it very early. The mystical thing for me is how I caught it. We have a place in Windermere, but I grew up there in the summers with my mom, my best times as a child. I was out there in September doing some work in our house when I rammed some ply wood into my breast plate causing a searing hot pain through my body. That led to a lump and then an ultra sound a week after the Boomer/Warrener hockey draft. Without that injury I may have been much further along.

Today I'm 24 hours into chemo treatment number one and doing very well. My wife won't let me do a thing but she's brilliant in knowing just what I need when I need it steering me clear of having to toss up whatever I've eaten through the right drink, or getting air, or walking me around.

The bone scan, CT and MRI all came back negative (which is positive) so this is curable, and I will beat this.

How can I not with this army behind me.

Thank you all again.
Your wife sounds awesome. Kudos to her.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StrykerSteve For This Useful Post: