Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2019, 07:31 PM   #3261
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Notley gonna press extremely heavy on it, and hope that bad news continuously comes up to the day of the election to make voters have a pause before voting UCP. But even that may not be enough if something major doesn't really come out by then. The public likely would lose fatigue over the controversy since it may be looked at not that big of a deal once it ages.

It's still a big uphill battle for the NDP. They got a pull up, but still a lot of work for them to do. It's still UCP's to lose. They just have to keep doing stupid stuff to ensure that happens.
Joborule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:54 PM   #3262
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
How much of it is a smear and fear campaign versus the UCP screwing themselves over?

The smear and fear is literally writing itself with the UCP at the moment.
Up and until the UCP investigation it was a fear and smear by Notley. She wants to pit this as who do you trust as a leader. The optics are not good for Kenney.

The big problem for Notley is the average Albertan probably hasn't heard of the investigation and more to the point, has taken the time to educate themselves about the issue itself. For many it's jobs, the economy and the carbon tax.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #3263
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
The big problem for Notley is the average Albertan probably hasn't heard of the investigation and more to the point, has taken the time to educate themselves about the issue itself. For many it's jobs, the economy and the carbon tax.
As it should be. Put me in the camp where I care more about a leader who gets results rather than being a posterboy moral compass. I'd take 12 Trumps over 1 Trudeau if it mean a stronger economy and stability for the country.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #3264
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

It wasn't the NDP that gained my vote, it was the UCP that lost it. The stank coming from the UCP is the same one that emanates off of the Federal Liberals as far as I'm concerned.
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:35 PM   #3265
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Up and until the UCP investigation it was a fear and smear by Notley. She wants to pit this as who do you trust as a leader. The optics are not good for Kenney.

Probably something to be said for Notley’s “fear and smear” campaign pre-investigation turning out to be not so far off base.

What’s the line people trot out for Notley? “Where someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time”? Seems like for all warning we got about Notley’s position on oil tied to that line, we should have been a least a LITTLE better at looking at Kenney that way.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:39 PM   #3266
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
As it should be. Put me in the camp where I care more about a leader who gets results rather than being a posterboy moral compass. I'd take 12 Trumps over 1 Trudeau if it mean a stronger economy and stability for the country.
I think it depends what sort of moral “violations” are occurring.

Do we need a constant virtue signaller? God no.

Should we want someone who is more concerned about personal power than what’s good for the province and has already been caught lying to voters? Eh... for me, that’s also a no.

If Kenney gets in and gets results, we’re all laughing. I just have almost no confidence in his ability to do so. He kind of sucks so far, and he hasn’t even won anything yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 09:03 PM   #3267
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

That's 12 grabs by the ****** if it means a stronger economy!
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 09:06 PM   #3268
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Spoiler!
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:15 PM   #3269
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Were you frozen in a cave somewhere and just got de-thawed? haha

and if you really mean that, you should be applauding Trudeau and his handling of SNC.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:57 PM   #3270
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Uh oh. Another go around of fines levied surrounding the Callaway campaign....

https://globalnews.ca/news/5074765/c...mpression=true

Quote:
On the day the writ was dropped, officially launching Alberta’s 2019 provincial election campaign, the province’s election commissioner levied a new round of fines in connection with Jeff Callaway’s controversial campaign in the 2017 UCP leadership race.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:09 PM   #3271
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Probably something to be said for Notley’s “fear and smear” campaign pre-investigation turning out to be not so far off base.

What’s the line people trot out for Notley? “Where someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time”? Seems like for all warning we got about Notley’s position on oil tied to that line, we should have been a least a LITTLE better at looking at Kenney that way.
Show me a politican I can trust?
Old 03-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #3272
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
Uh oh. Another go around of fines levied surrounding the Callaway campaign....

https://globalnews.ca/news/5074765/c...mpression=true
Does it say who made the $60,000 contribution? That's the only answer i'm looking for.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:12 PM   #3273
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

choose which dick you want to get ####ed by
_Q_
Old 03-19-2019, 10:23 PM   #3274
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Does it say who made the $60,000 contribution? That's the only answer i'm looking for.
There's a lot of fines for people making donations with apparently not their own money.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:27 PM   #3275
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Show me a politican I can trust?
Got me there, my only point being that disregarding Notley’s method as “fear and smear” might look a little foolish if Kenney is this determined to fulfill the prophecy she’s outlined.

Fear ain’t such a bad thing if it’s justified.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 10:30 PM   #3276
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Were you frozen in a cave somewhere and just got de-thawed? haha

and if you really mean that, you should be applauding Trudeau and his handling of SNC.
How so?
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:53 PM   #3277
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes that has been known for a while

Here is his financial disclosure form

http://efpublic.elections.ab.ca/afEF...fm?&ACID=21746

Based on the fines being handed out it appears that elections Alberta has evidence that the individuals were given this money which is the 60k you refer to.

Happy Mann for some reason had him and his family donate 9k to Calloway despite the emails showing he was part of Kenny’s inner circle. Ruiz, Macalister and Davies (and families) all have been charged by elections Alberta for making donations with someone else’s money.

We know from the email leaks that all of Calloways debate seats went to Kenny.

Prab Gil outlined this whole conspiracy in Decemeber alleging that Kenny was connected to the PAC that supplied these people the money.

Is there any explanation that makes sense here that doesn’t involve Kenny’s campaign directing this money to Calloway. I think we are at the incompetent or
Complicit point here. Either Kenny didn’t realize that his inner circle was doing this and isn’t fit to be premier or he knew and is covering the rest up. Which is worse?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 10:59 PM   #3278
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Got me there, my only point being that disregarding Notley’s method as “fear and smear” might look a little foolish if Kenney is this determined to fulfill the prophecy she’s outlined.

Fear ain’t such a bad thing if it’s justified.
TBQH I've never been a fan of the smear and fear (both sides) as it takes away from the real issues voters want to hear and talk about. It sometimes gets carried away as I believe it has with Notley over the last few months. That said the recent Kenney/UCP issue is something that needs to be looked at an addressed and something his own party created.

I have always believed that people can and do change. The problems is you're always taking a gamble when it comes to politics and hoping the worst doesn't come true. I hope we don't get the worst from Kenney, should his party win.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #3279
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

nm

Last edited by Dion; 03-19-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:26 PM   #3280
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

One other thing I find interesting is that there appears to be a faction within the UCP that hates Kenny enough to leak this information.

You have the Caylan Ford messages who was a Kenny parachute candidate and this whole Kenny scandal. This type of information seems like the kind of info you keep internal for the good of the party.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: